Four Nations Squads

I guess we should all be happy that Josh Jackson didn't make it.

I don't see the point in having Maloney on the bench
... IMO that's just wasting a bench spot

Kangaroos squad: Cam Smith, Darius Boyd, Shannon Boyd, Boyd Cordner, Cooper Cronk, Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jake Friend, Tyson Frizell, Matt Gillett, Valentine Holmes, Greg Inglis, David Klemmer, James Maloney, Josh Mansour, Trent Merrin, Michael Morgan, Matt Moylan, Justin O'Neill, Josh Papalii, Matt Scott, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston, Aaron Woods

Some notes
Parker & Gallen told no farewell
Tamou didn't get a run
Joey Leluia, Chambers & Croker didn't get a run. Dugan did (how the **** does this useless **** get picked) & so did Ferguson
Holmes seems like the token pick for the sharks
Fifita and Radradra weren't considered
The overall look for youth seems to be lost in the halves with the Maloney selection. He is 30 ffs

This pretty much covers my thoughts... some really weird selection by Mal, not what I was expecting at all...

Very surprised there is no McGuire. Then Boyd is picked. No offense to Boyd, he has been good this year but McGuire is incumbant and definitely deserved to atleast be in the squad.

Mal must see something in Dugs and Fergo... yes they are the incumbant pairing but they didn't even deserve selection at the start of the year really. O'Neill is solid but pretty surprised Croker, Leilua, Chambers and maybe Oates(was he available?) didn't get picked over any of those three.

Fafita not being there is a shock even though I hate him. I guess it has something to do with his off field troubles.

I'm happy with Maloney. If one of the halves go down he is the next best option.

Merrin is a bit of a bolter. His form is deserving but he has been overlooked for rep duties for a little while. He fills that role Parker and Gall leave.

I think we will see something like this: (not what I want)
1. Boyd
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Dugan
5. Fergo
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Woods
11. Cordner
12. Gillett/Papali
13. Merrin

14. Morgan
15. Gillett/Papali
16. Klemmer
17. Thaiday
18. Frizell

Friz unlucky. Merrin just pips him because we need a worker to fill Gal and Parkers boots. Thaiday seems a favourite too. I think Frizell will end up in the team after he gets a chance, he is so good.

Didn't Meninga say that the players banned from Origin weren't going to be selected for Australia this year?

Just saw Mal on 9 news saying Fifita and Radradra weren't selected because of off field behaviour. Only just caught it, pretty sure that's what he said anyway.

There is no other centre out of that bunch to choose from

Sorry [MENTION=7803]Broncoman[/MENTION] that wasn't aimed at you. It was at him being in the squad at all.

Didn't Meninga say that the players banned from Origin weren't going to be selected for Australia this year?

Not sure what he said earlier in the year but he was on one of the league shows during the finals and said they would all be considered.

This is the same guy that won all of those origins as coach? Either he wasn't the real coach for QLD (likely) or the NRL boys club picked this team with him.

I'm happy with Maloney being picked in the side. If JT or Cronk get injured he is the next best on current form. Not concerned about blooding younger players, he is just the best option.

How is Chambers not in the team ahead of O'Neil though.

And I agree with you. Croker or Bird would've been better.

Add O'Neill and Chambers as well

I agree, Chambers and Bird would have been my pick ahead of Dugan and O'Neill. Bird is a future gun, he probably already is. Is he injured though?

I'll be supporting NZ for this game, don't agree with plenty of the selections and omissions from the Australian squad.

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Solomone Kata
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simmon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Tohu Harris
15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
16. Martin Taupau
17. Manu Ma'u

Now that's a team I can support.

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • john1420
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Maroon4life
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.