Four Nations Week 1

Worth noting that the record of 17 straight wins remains intact.

Well that just sucked but full credit to the kiwis they were the far better team on the night. We were just poor and I thought that performance was unacceptable. To many unforced errors and basic mistakes a park team would've made. Hopefully this is the kick up the pants we need and we can learn our lessons and improve in the remaining games.

We would've been beaten by Samoa comfortably, sums it up.

Team of the 1st Week

1. Peta Hiku
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Joey Leilua
4. Dean Whare
5. Josh Charnley
6. Kieran Foran
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Pita Godinet
10. Josh McGuire
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Jason Taumalolo

I'd go:

1. Tomkins
2. Charnley
3. Jennings
4. Whare
5. Vidot
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Godinet
10. Mosoe (I know he started on the bench but he was great)
11. Taumololo
12. Proctor (Hoffman haha)
13. McGuire

I'm just watching the post match now (paused the post game until now) and Hiku has a reasonable gut going, which makes it even more impressive, I really rate him, safe as a house and comes off as a smart player.

I was trying to avoid speaking of the game, but I can't...

The new word for embarrassing, is sheenius!

Our pack was truly a joke, from Woods (who is as much a pillow as Kennedy) to Thaiday at prop, Bird at lock, no prop on the bench, but Parker and Papalii as the rotation props, it was a disgrace.
Why McGuire, Lillyman and/or Lawrence didn't get a look in is a mistery to me...

Add to it the horrible night from our left fringe, with Hoffman doing a perfect emulation of a turnstile and DCE clearly not up to par, less than average performances from Smith and Cronk, Farah on the bench as the utility (and a worthless one at that) and the injuries to DCE and Inglis, it was always going to be a tough night at the office.

Parker, Thaiday and Beau "kickable in the teeth" Scott were the only forwards who didn't humiliate their jersey. Poor Walker really copped it bad with all those dropped bombs, and sure he is at least partially responsible for the loss, but those torpedos from Johnson weren't easy to catch and Inglis dropped one too in the first half.
Realistically, I don't even have to much to complain about the backs, as they got no room to do anything from their forwards...

Hopefully Inglis will recover, Hunt comes in for DCE and someone fucking injects some sense into Sheens, so we can at least save face for the rest of the tournament.

As to the forward pack for the next games...
**** Hoffman off, put Scott on the left, Thaiday on the right and Parker as lock. Bird can fill the role of utility, get Lawrence to start alongside Woods, and add Lillyman to the bench alongside Papalii and Guerra.

This game was fucking sheenius! :mad2:

Save face? We'll still win this tournament easily enough. Kiwis had a lot of go there way -- two injuries to spine players and some favourable refereeing calls. They won't get that again, and we'll win despite Sheens.

Love the jab at Sheens Port he seriously makes some ridiculous selections and bench rotations that would make anyone scratch their head. I could possibly do a lot better than what he does.

Bit tough on Bird he made 14 runs and 30 tackles which is an indication he was giving his all and it was better than some of the others. Sure he missed a couple of tackle and have away a penalty but so did almost everyone else. Woods also made some strong charges in the first half I thought, made more meters than Thiaday and came up with 13 runs and 31 tackles which is a reasonable work rate. Comparing him with Kennedy is a stretch as Woods is so far ahead of Kennedy it's not funny. Thiaday at prop was a shocker but I wasn't expecting him to do much as he has proven in the past he doesn't perform at his potential in the front row. Beau Scott just ran the ball up 6 times which was the least amount for any forward but he did come up with 33 tackles though and got on the scoreboard. Ryan Hoffman made more meters than any other forward handled the ball more times than any other forward instead of Cam.

Agree with Walker as he was going quite well in the centres I thought but being out of position against an in-form Johnson he was always going to have trouble as Johnson troubled Inglis in the first half. Fingers crossed on GI and DCE we will be fucked if they are unavailable.

Save face? We'll still win this tournament easily enough. Kiwis had a lot of go there way -- two injuries to spine players and some favourable refereeing calls. They won't get that again, and we'll win despite Sheens.
You really think either the poms or Samoa will beat the Kiwis? :shocked:

Kennedy is capable of the same work rate as Woods, but they're both pillows, simple as that!
Woods is probably the most overrated player in the NRL at the moment. Still, by sheer lack of other currently available props, he still gets a spot...

I prefer Bird playing from the bench as a utility, which doesn't mean I think he was bad. But he just doesn't have a place in my start-up team.

Hoffman needs to go, yesterday. He's a turnstile, offers absolutely nothing at this level, and as much as I hate the bloke, Beau "please kick my teeth in" Scott shits all over him from great heights, as do all the other currently selected second rowers really.

So.. team for next week?

1. Greg Inglis
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Dylan Walker
5. Josh Mansour
6. Ben Hunt
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aaron Woods
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Greg Bird
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Beau Scott
15. Josh Papalii
16. Boyd Cordner
17. Brenton Lawrence

Something like that I guess, need more size.

I don't see the love for Lillyman, good player but not to test standard IMO. I would like to see Lawrence get a run and it's a shame Tolman didn't get a chance, not even in squad. Sheens just used Griffins play book, mobile pack with players out of position....Parker is not a prop or to be used as a prop rotation. Anyway, makes the tournament more interesting than just the Aussies winning hands down.

Are they allowed to bring players into the squad? I don't think they are whic means we are stuck with the unbalanced squad we've got. From the squad, I'd go:

1. Inglis
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Walker
5. Mansour
6. Hunt
7. Cronk
8. Woods
9. Smith
10. Parker
11. Scott
12. Thaiday
13. Bird

14. Papalii
15. Guerra
16. Cordner
17. Klemmer

what a rubbish squad Sheens chose.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.