Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Andrew Johns is a fucking knob...forgot that Winterstein played for Brisbane

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I have to say McGuire at lock has really impressed me.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
McGuire has played well, but you could have put 8 or 10 on his back and got the same performance.

Matty Smith's last tackle options have been pretty good for England.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
England win

32-26

What a fun opening game. It wasn't of the highest quality, but Samoa showed some great signs while the Poms showed their class at key intervals.

MotM will be rough.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Why wasn't Lafai in this game? He's their best centre.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
McGuire has played well, but you could have put 8 or 10 on his back and got the same performance.

Matty Smith's last tackle options have been pretty good for England.

I normally agree with you BP but in this instance I don't and just let me explain why. When Moose plays prop for us, when have you seen those skills that he showed today so much throughout a game? McGuire popped up everywhere and was offloading off the backk of the props hitting up first and spiral passing off second phase play which he doesn't do when he is on the ground all night after first or second run. I think Moose was different in almost every area except defense to be honest.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I normally agree with you BP but in this instance I don't and just let me explain why. When Moose plays prop for us, when have you seen those skills that he showed today so much throughout a game? McGuire popped up everywhere and was offloading off the backk of the props hitting up first and spiral passing off second phase play which he doesn't do when he is on the ground all night after first or second run. I think Moose was different in almost every area except defense to be honest.

A fair bit actually.

The only difference here is that he didn't have a Corey Parker, Matt Gillett or Sam Thaiday getting first dibs. That, and due to the nature of the game (namely played during the day) he had more opportunities to play in broken field.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
A fair bit actually.

The only difference here is that he didn't have a Corey Parker, Matt Gillett or Sam Thaiday getting first dibs. That, and due to the nature of the game (namely played during the day) he had more opportunities to play in broken field.

I think the day game certainly is a big factor given he can probably see a whole lot better but regardless of whether those other guys in he side or not , I haven't seen all those skills in his game at any time this season at that amount, especially the spiral passing and second phase play which you obviously don't do much of when at prop since you are already in the tackle.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well, off the top of my head, I remember producing similar passes against Canterbury at Suncorp.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Why wasn't Lafai in this game? He's their best centre.

Good question.

Parish was forced to leave out Canterbury Bulldogs forward Reni Maitua - a team-mate of England's acting captain James Graham - North Queensland Cowboys centre Tautau Moga and Wests Tigers back-rower Sauaso Sue while Canterbury centre Tim Lafai is unavailable due to his wedding.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Beale knocks on.

That's a shame.

Scott scores a soft early try.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Let's select Beale they said he'll be safe they said.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Really not a fan of Smith kicking so early in the tackle count.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Skathen
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.