Francis Molo

He's just a big dumb footballer that shouldn't be playing. That many SCs, just give up.

SBW up for a lengthy suspension from Rugby .
Shoulder charge to the head / jaw of an opponent . Shoulder straight into the already held players jaw . Sent off and will face the judiciary . He should have forgoten about shoulder charges . They take them more seriouly in Union . Immediate send off . No crossed arms and you get to play on BS.

SBW up for a lengthy suspension from Rugby .
Shoulder charge to the head / jaw of an opponent . Shoulder straight into the already held players jaw . Sent off and will face the judiciary . He should have forgoten about shoulder charges . They take them more seriouly in Union . Immediate send off . No crossed arms and you get to play on BS.

he got 4 weeks

1st All Black sent off for the duration of the match for several decades .

It wasn't even that bad, looks far worse in slow-mo.

Rules , is rules Macca .
Been a send off for not using arms in the tackle in Union for as long as I can remember . [ 30 + years ? ]

Wasnt even that bad and looks far worse in slow mo?....fk me, his neck compacted quite badly,

I more meant that with the reaction time at normal speed, it would have been hard for SBW to change his tackle. He should have wrapped his arms around for sure but it didn't look like he did it with any malice.

I more meant that with the reaction time at normal speed, it would have been hard for SBW to change his tackle. He should have wrapped his arms around for sure but it didn't look like he did it with any malice.
I thought the same as u the first time i saw it, then saw it in slow mo and thought......oooow that's bad and could have done some serious damage. Union is very strict on any striking near the head

I thought the same as u the first time i saw it, then saw it in slow mo and thought......oooow that's bad and could have done some serious damage. Union is very strict on any striking near the head

Yeah I don't disagree at all with that. I think in the era of sueing and player safety, hits like that should be send-offs and after all, it is SBW, so who cares. Haha

Question: why isn't the send off rule used more? Answer: it seriously impinges on the game result, depending on the time of incident. Some refs will send a player off with 10 to go but I don't remember the last time a player was sent off in the first half.
We need to allow refs to use the send off without fear of a sacking. The most obvious is to allow the first player removed from the field, be replaced with an interchange. I would make a 10 minute wait for this to happen, simulating a sin bin. It would allow an otherwise good team to compete and limit the ref's impact on the game (the chief reason send offs aren't used for dangerous tackles). The "sin bin" time still hurts the team to prevent dangerous strategies of targeting key personnel and its only for the first player on a side removed that an interchange could replace.

Question: why isn't the send off rule used more? Answer: it seriously impinges on the game result, depending on the time of incident. Some refs will send a player off with 10 to go but I don't remember the last time a player was sent off in the first half.
We need to allow refs to use the send off without fear of a sacking. The most obvious is to allow the first player removed from the field, be replaced with an interchange. I would make a 10 minute wait for this to happen, simulating a sin bin. It would allow an otherwise good team to compete and limit the ref's impact on the game (the chief reason send offs aren't used for dangerous tackles). The "sin bin" time still hurts the team to prevent dangerous strategies of targeting key personnel and its only for the first player on a side removed that an interchange could replace.
If you want to refs to have a backbone, then we need to stop talking about them. Commentators, panellists, former players, journos connected to the game, all of them need to shut up unless there is something obvious that needs to be spoken about.

You'd be pretty nervous to do anything in your job too if you knew it was going to be spoken about, wall-to-wall across the eastern seaboard for the next few days, even if your call was technically correct.

In any other sport that I pay attention to, I have never seen the amount of ref focus that RL and it's followers employ.

If you want to refs to have a backbone, then we need to stop talking about them. Commentators, panellists, former players, journos connected to the game, all of them need to shut up unless there is something obvious that needs to be spoken about.

You'd be pretty nervous to do anything in your job too if you knew it was going to be spoken about, wall-to-wall across the eastern seaboard for the next few days, even if your call was technically correct.

In any other sport that I pay attention to, I have never seen the amount of ref focus that RL and it's followers employ.

The other sports I pay attention to also don't have the worst officials in the world blowing the whistle.

The other sports I pay attention to also don't have the worst officials in the world blowing the whistle.
Referees make mistakes in every code worldwide. Probably a telling statement in itself that they do and yet their "incompetence" isn't broadcasted wall to wall, impairing them from reffing as they see it.

Referees make mistakes in every code worldwide. Probably a telling statement in itself that they do and yet their "incompetence" isn't broadcasted wall to wall, impairing them from reffing as they see it.
That's a fallacy, at least in terms of the scope. Yes, they all have the occasional mistake in them, but nothing like the NRL's degree of incompetence, especially when you take into account the howlers from the Video Ref!

We have examples in Australia with the two main other codes... AFL and Yawnion have nowhere near the amount of mistakes, dubious rulings, or the already famous piggy-back "equalisers" to try to make most NRL games look ultra competitive.

Look at the NFL a few years ago, when there was a dispute with the professional top grade referees... they brought in the "second rank" and everyone was up in arms pretty quick in the first round due to the amount of mistakes being made.

The same goes for the top code in the world, where referees are constantly being scrutinised, and dropped when they're not up to the competition standards, and they don't even have the luxury of a Video review.

And the latter is the problem. I don't have an issue with an incidental mistake, but like we don't accept a player constantly derping it up (unless your name is Hunt or Moga :p), the same standard should be demanded from, and provided by the officials, even more so to those in the ultra-modern and expensive Video Room!
I see regularly better refereeing at ISC and even Colts level ffs.

The NRL wants to artificially pretend its competition is level for all clubs, by enforcing a cap which props up useless clubs and limits the better ones, while using the officiating to help maintain the illusion.

you see better reffing at qcup level because 1) the standard isn't as high so it's nowhere near as fast, hence, difficult to keep up with (not necessarily an excuse, but a reasonable explanation) and 2) because qcup refs go back to their job during the week and nothing more is said about them.

how many articles have been dedicated to reffing at a state level?

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.