French Open 2009

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Who cares. It's the most boring of the grand slam tournaments.

lol I was sure this thread was going to bag out Leyton Hewitt or the great man himself Nadal..

I like how you've made a thread about the fact that you don't care.

But yeah clay is the most boring, and slowest, surface out of all of them. Bring on Wimbledon.

Well there was no thread in which for me to whinge about how pointless it is! Haha.

Clay is easily my favorite to watch, the big servers are nullified and the pure base liners come to the fore. Would love to see Federer beat Nadal but to be honest I see Nadal getting there against him again and beating him comfortably. Feel sorry for Dokic she had Dementedeava on toast poor thing but if she recovers could be a big show at Wimbledon.

French Open is a punter's dream. More chance of making money on it than what you are from going to work icon_thumbs_u

Put him in a multi to beat Lleyton mate.

That's why it's a punters dream - so easy to pick the winners, combine them in multis and it's the best ever 10-1 shot you'll ever see!!

Much more fun to put it on Monfils @ 440-1, cross your fingers and pray!

Now it gets interesting!

Why? Sounds reasonably sporting to me. Not whinging and complaining about having his overratedness finally shown up.

Fair enough. I think it's totally LOL that he's been bundled out. LOL LOL LOL.

At least Federer has a chance to win it now.

This will likely be the only real shot Federer will ever have of achieving the Slam. What's the odds that he will choke because he knows it. Mentally he's one of the worst "champions" I've ever seen and I can just feel a choke coming, particularly after struggling badly against Acasuso and dropping a set to Mathieu. Haas has challenged him in the past and then he'll play Roddick or Monfils in the Quarters. Roddick will have nothing but the home court advantage would see Monfils challenge him hard, particularly after last year's Semi.

Agree this is Federer's only shot at the FO. But I think you're harsh saying he's mentally one of the worst champions you've ever seen. Prior to his Nadal rivalry he was mentally impenetrable. You couldn't break him.

It's Nadal that's unsettled him in recent years. He certainly needs to overcome that if he doesn't want to continue sliding away.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.