Gagai released!!!!!

I dunno, I hope he's not one of these players that we simply should have just put a bit more effort into. I mean, it's not like he's out getting drunk and causing trouble and bringing the club into disrepute. He's not glassing his girlfriend or kicking his pregnant wife. He's just got a really bad attitude and doesn't want to put in 100%. He's young and dumb.

Hodges was never the best trainer and never came to training with the best attitude either but Wayne managed to work with him well, I wonder if it's something we should have done?

Did we ever really find out what his misdemeanors were? I'd like to think the club gets the benefit of the doubt in regards to doing there best to get him back into line.

I think it was his attitude & turning up late for training or not turning up at all.

I think he got dropped from Redcliffe as well.

I think it was his attitude & turning up late for training or not turning up at all.

I think he got dropped from Redcliffe as well.

And it's obviously been going on for a long time and despite attempts to get him to snap out of it, he hasn't.
Agree with Beads, benefit of the doubt has to go to the club. They wouldn't release him for just missing training a couple of times. It would've been a long term ongoing issue that just wasn't getting better.

And it's obviously been going on for a long time

yeah this. evidenced by copley being 'next in line' over gagai well before he was released.

i'm sure the club put all the effort they could into him.

I think it was that stuff plus they found out Gagai was hanging out with Big Dave...

if it was on going issues why didnt he have to prove himself before the broncos re signed him

if it was on going issues why didnt he have to prove himself before the broncos re signed him

It wouldn't be the first time a club has re-signed a player as hopefully a means to get that player ontrack and I wouldn't also be surprised if there weren't conditions in place for him to improve his attitude just in case he didn't.

He could have improved, so they upgraded his contract & he became complacent.

He is making his debut for Newcastle tonight.

Griffin told him he was playing then he went back on his word on the Tuesday. Can you blame Dane for blowing up?!
He even flew his family down for the game. How disappointed would he had been?!!!

Broncos boys

Charlie Payne | 27th March 2012 4:00 AM

YOUNG Mackay rugby league player Jacob Gagai is looking to follow in the footsteps of his father Ray and brother Dane to NRL club the Brisbane Broncos.

Jacob, 16, flies to Brisbane today for a training session with the Broncos and plans to remain there until Friday, when Dane is likely to line up on the wing against St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium.

"Mum and dad (Ray and Tania) and my sister Sophie, who's 11, are coming down to watch too," Jacob said.

"It'll be great to see Dane in action."

Griffin told him he was playing then he went back on his word on the Tuesday. Can you blame Dane for blowing up?!
He even flew his family down for the game. How disappointed would he had been?!!!

The magic words

when Dane is likely to line up on the wing against St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium

It didn't say he was going to get a run or get picked.

His family came down to watch Jacob & were to remain until Friday. (meaning they left on Friday)

So he spat the dummy?? Seems like decision vindicated.

The magic words

It didn't say he was going to get a run or get picked.

His family came down to watch Jacob & were to remain until Friday. (meaning they left on Friday)

Griffin told him straight after he got MOM in his QLD Cup game he was playing.
Game, set ,match to me :rockon:

Game, set ,match to me :rockon:

This might be true but we aren't to know if it is. You aren't really trustworthy. Also Gagai could have easily trained poorly during the week to change Hooks mind.

This might be true but we aren't to know if it is. You aren't really trustworthy. Also Gagai could have easily trained poorly during the week to change Hooks mind.

I am the most trustworthy guy on here. Go ask one of the crew members. Glenn, Beale, Norman, Te'o or Hoffman. They'll tell you straight up.

Game, set ,match to me

And what did Gagai do to not get picked. (not turn up to training etc)

Umpire overrules your win

And what did Gagai do to not get picked. (not turn up to training etc)

Umpire overrules your win

Sorry Dane I know I said you were playing this week but I decided to go for the more experience Copely.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.