OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

so we can actually go back to the subject of this thread ... some more comments from Gamble (don't think they've been posted yet)

on the future:

"I want to play alongside Reyno but it'll probably be a battle between Kotoni and I throughout pre-season next year and throughout the trials," Gamble said.

"If he beats me to it then so be it. I just want what's best for this club and what's best for this team, I'll just have to fight my way into another jersey.

"I prefer five-eighth but either way I'm just happy to be in the team, to be honest.

"I've only played 10 or so games so I'll play wherever Kevvy [coach Kevin Walters] wants me.

"But that's for next year, we've got the rest of this year, I'm just looking forward to that and hopefully getting a strong finish."

on his combative approach:

"I know I overstep sometimes and get in people's faces and it's probably not a good look," Gamble said.

"I don't plan on going out and being a grub, it just comes out in me.

"I've copped a bit, I definitely get ripped into a lot because I think people realise that's the way I play.

"But if you're going to give it out you've got to be able to take it so I'm happy, it doesn't bother me too much.

"I'm just passionate, I love this team, love the group and I'll do what I can to win, I'm not going to change."

on the NRL passing him by:

"You get to a point where you think maybe it's not for me, making NRL," he said.

"But I was happy to play Redcliffe, happy to play Cup - that was an achievement in itself for me so I was stoked to just be playing that, and then the opportunity came to go to the Tigers.

"That was a real shock because I was 20, 21 and the time and most of the blokes my age - Jayden Nikorima and that - they had already been playing 20s and made it into the NRL.

"It was a shock but I'm here now and I'm loving every minute of it."

Yes, very nice.

I think he could make a great halves partner for Adam Reynolds. I would keep the toe sucker in the centres and not let him dictate to the club how the line up is formulated.

Reality, here, on BHQ? What are you smoking?
View attachment 14012

People just like to disagree with me here, but that's okay..

GO GAMBLE! Real happy he's been given the chance in NRL
You should write with more love man. People never want to disagree with me because they feel the love. Must be tough, knowing that some are being disagreeable simply because it's you. I wouldn't know what that's like 😆😆

I think I started the conversation by saying it's ironic because broncos don't know when to hold them. We have been letting go of our best for a while now.

Cameron Munster - Storm
View attachment 14009
Nathan Cleary - Panthers
View attachment 14007

Sam Walker - Roosters
View attachment 14008

Dylan Brown - Eels

View attachment 14010

This is Hilarious. The Storm didnt throw in Munster, he played 1 game in 2014 surrounded by Cronk, Slater, Bromwich, Chambers, Hoffman and Cameron Smith in a very good system and side. Hardly the same situation as throwing Walsh into our side. Sam Walker wouldnt have played anywhere near as much as either if they werent decimated by injuries.

I think its funny you have cherry picked certain players who are pretty much the exception not the rule, and all of them have come into stable football sides who werent struggling with badly balanced rosters and they came into to side with plenty of experience and know how. The Broncos followed your mantra of " lets throw every young bloke with a bit of hype behind him " into the team and hoped it worked. Guess what it didnt. Some of us on here predicted it was an accident waiting to happen, and thats exactly what did happen.

At the end of the day, we offered Reece a clear development path here in Brisbane. We rightly wanted him to play a bit of ISC and make him earn his spot. He didnt want that option, he took the Warriors big money option ( and i dont blame him, it was big money ) and at the moment he is doing ok. But you cant blame the club or say they stuffed up because they want to develop kids the right way and not over pay them before they have proved anything.

I'll end it with a quote from the GOAT Mr Patrick Carrigan after he turned down a big offer from the Doggies.

“When a few clubs were keen, the temptations were there and you want to play first grade every week,
The Bulldogs are a great club, they have won a few comps in their time and one of my uncles is a mad Dogs fans – he would talk about the Dogs of War and great players like Sonny Bill Williams, Willie Mason and Mark O’Meley. But then I looked at the opportunity to learn from guys here. Even last year, Sam Thaiday was an Origin legend and if I had to come to Red Hill every day to compete with him to win a spot, it would make me a better player than if I got an NRL jumper easily."

Thats the attitude of somebody who doesnt want to take a shortcut to being an NRL player.

Have to disagree with many posters...

Letting go of Walsh was a fuckup.

Missing out on signing Nico Hynes was an even more serious, compounded **** up.

See, i dont get this. I would rather him have stayed as well as he has a lot of potential, but what were we supposed to do? Get into a bidding war for a player who didnt want to work for his spot? I dont see how we could afford to throw the type of money Walsh got at the Warriors to keep him here. We just cant keep either overpaying these young blokes who have achieved nothing or throwing them in the team just because they want to play NRL now. People will hate me saying it probably, but the Storm have it spot on with development ( even though they generally arent Victorians ). They make the players earn their stripes and learn their footy in the ISC. They dont rush them and they certainly dont give in to them demanding NRL footy or stupid contracts they havent earned.

Yes, very nice.

I think he could make a great halves partner for Adam Reynolds. I would keep the toe sucker in the centres and not let him dictate to the club how the line up is formulated.

Agree with you about Staggs. Dont like at all how it appears he is telling people where he should be playing.

See, i dont get this. I would rather him have stayed as well as he has a lot of potential, but what were we supposed to do? Get into a bidding war for a player who didnt want to work for his spot? I dont see how we could afford to throw the type of money Walsh got at the Warriors to keep him here. We just cant keep either overpaying these young blokes who have achieved nothing or throwing them in the team just because they want to play NRL now. People will hate me saying it probably, but the Storm have it spot on with development ( even though they generally arent Victorians ). They make the players earn their stripes and learn their footy in the ISC. They dont rush them and they certainly dont give in to them demanding NRL footy or stupid contracts they havent earned.
Not have a seemingly Toxic environment around these guys so they feel the need to go elsewhere ?

All these players with potential have all left because they didn't see a pathway to success

Not have a seemingly Toxic environment around these guys so they feel the need to go elsewhere ?

All these players with potential have all left because they didn't see a pathway to success

I think we did show Walsh he had a clear pathway to first grade, he just didnt want to take that route. Walker i'm not entirely sure what went on there but it seems he was always going to the roosters. A pathway to success is diffucult to judge. Are the Warriors really going to be a success?

I dont think any of them left because of a toxic environment tbh. We let Dearden go. Walker wouldnt have really been around our system yet in regards to the NRL side . Walsh and Fifita basically left for the money more than anything.

I think we did show Walsh he had a clear pathway to first grade, he just didnt want to take that route. Walker i'm not entirely sure what went on there but it seems he was always going to the roosters. A pathway to success is diffucult to judge. Are the Warriors really going to be a success?

I dont think any of them left because of a toxic environment tbh. We let Dearden go. Walker wouldnt have really been around our system yet in regards to the NRL side . Walsh and Fifita basically left for the money more than anything.
But we know Lodge and TPJ have been a strain on culture. Clearly that's why as our two most talented forwards (bar Haas) they've been shopped around since Pies was at the helm.

When you're seeing guys like Milford and even back to Darius taking big money deals while also showing little effort, AND being a wooden spoon side?! Yeah I'd leave too if I were them.

But.... Things are clearly changing. Someone in an earlier post mentioned a dark cloud being lifted? 100%

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Adam Reynolds

Backline looks decent with Gamble there at 6. We’ll have to figure out where Brenko Lee fits in.. I assume we plan to use him but would be a shame to leave out Cobbo.

Someone pointed out that we haven’t officially signed Pereira. Assuming we do sign him, does that mean Oates is leaving?

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Adam Reynolds

Backline looks decent with Gamble there at 6. We’ll have to figure out where Brenko Lee fits in.. I assume we plan to use him but would be a shame to leave out Cobbo.

Someone pointed out that we haven’t officially signed Pereira. Assuming we do sign him, does that mean Oates is leaving?
Id hope cobbo starts next year in isc at fullback and keeps pressure on niu for fullback

so we can actually go back to the subject of this thread ... some more comments from Gamble (don't think they've been posted yet)

on the future:

"I want to play alongside Reyno but it'll probably be a battle between Kotoni and I throughout pre-season next year and throughout the trials," Gamble said.

"If he beats me to it then so be it. I just want what's best for this club and what's best for this team, I'll just have to fight my way into another jersey.

"I prefer five-eighth but either way I'm just happy to be in the team, to be honest.

"I've only played 10 or so games so I'll play wherever Kevvy [coach Kevin Walters] wants me.

"But that's for next year, we've got the rest of this year, I'm just looking forward to that and hopefully getting a strong finish."

on his combative approach:

"I know I overstep sometimes and get in people's faces and it's probably not a good look," Gamble said.

"I don't plan on going out and being a grub, it just comes out in me.

"I've copped a bit, I definitely get ripped into a lot because I think people realise that's the way I play.

"But if you're going to give it out you've got to be able to take it so I'm happy, it doesn't bother me too much.

"I'm just passionate, I love this team, love the group and I'll do what I can to win, I'm not going to change."

on the NRL passing him by:

"You get to a point where you think maybe it's not for me, making NRL," he said.

"But I was happy to play Redcliffe, happy to play Cup - that was an achievement in itself for me so I was stoked to just be playing that, and then the opportunity came to go to the Tigers.

"That was a real shock because I was 20, 21 and the time and most of the blokes my age - Jayden Nikorima and that - they had already been playing 20s and made it into the NRL.

"It was a shock but I'm here now and I'm loving every minute of it."
Never....NEVER......stop being you Tyson...!!!!

could it be though, as the singings continue, that that may slowly be about to change...?

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Adam Reynolds

Can i be honest...ive no idea why Jordans coming here....

If my mind serves me here, i believe Staggs gets about a average of 15 touches a game in the centres.

In those 15 touches, he is a strike weapon, and clearly our best attacking option.

What if we give him 30 touches a game?

Being in the 6 he will get that. Let him float around the field looking for early ball and the chance to run at a retreating defence or lazy markers.

Which means we need another ball playing option to take pressure away from Reynolds and Turpin.

Enter Gamble.

This guys a baller, old fashioned heads up footy player who plays what is in front of him.

Give him the 13, let him take the ball around the middle and help steer our forwards around.

Then Staggs can pick and choose when and where to get involved.

**** YEH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people prefer what they’ve seen from gamble to what we’ve seen from Jelly?

If my mind serves me here, i believe Staggs gets about a average of 15 touches a game in the centres.

In those 15 touches, he is a strike weapon, and clearly our best attacking option.

What if we give him 30 touches a game?

Being in the 6 he will get that. Let him float around the field looking for early ball and the chance to run at a retreating defence or lazy markers.

Which means we need another ball playing option to take pressure away from Reynolds and Turpin.

Enter Gamble.

This guys a baller, old fashioned heads up footy player who plays what is in front of him.

Give him the 13, let him take the ball around the middle and help steer our forwards around.

Then Staggs can pick and choose when and where to get involved.

**** YEH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only problem with that is then you would have to almost base your game plan around the fact that Gamble is in the 13. It can get messy when there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Will Broncos need someone like Gamble to start in the 13 or will they just need a simple workhorse like Carrigan? Gamble could make a decent utility from the bench though.. He could probably play any position.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Shane Tronc
  • Porthoz
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • maddo
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.