OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

Nobody is taking the whole of any one of our players contracts. Every man and his dog knows we are in a mess, we have nothing to bargain with.
I think Broncos would just continue to hold on to Jamayne unless someone offered to take on his entire salary. I’m not sure it’d be that much anyway.. Do you know what he’s on?

Staggs at 6 is more of a luxury once you have a strong 1, 7 and 9.

So far we have only signed a 7.

It’s the sort of thing Bellamy could pull off at the Storm.. But can Kev and the Broncos make it work? Or will Kev change his mind after two rounds and play Gamble at 6?

I still just dont think he will get the room in the middle to be the kind of ball runner he is at center. He's always been a quality edge player and thats where his strength is. The extra defence and the lack of space is going to blunt him.

Don't have a number yet, but word is he's getting more than the NRL minimum wage ($100k) for the first time in his career.

Gamble:

"I want to play alongside Reyno but it'll probably be a battle between Kotoni and I throughout pre-season next year and throughout the trials. If he beats me to it then so be it. I just want what's best for this club and what's best for this team, I'll just have to fight my way into another jersey. I prefer five-eighth but either way I'm just happy to be in the team, to be honest."

"I've only played 10 or so games so I'll play wherever Kevvy [coach Kevin Walters] wants me. But that's for next year, we've got the rest of this year, I'm just looking forward to that and hopefully getting a strong finish."

"I know I overstep sometimes and get in people's faces and it's probably not a good look. I don't plan on going out and being a grub, it just comes out in me. I've copped a bit, I definitely get ripped into a lot because I think people realise that's the way I play. But if you're going to give it out you've got to be able to take it so I'm happy, it doesn't bother me too much."

"I'm just passionate, I love this team, love the group and I'll do what I can to win, I'm not going to change."

"You get to a point where you think maybe it's not for me, making NRL. But I was happy to play Redcliffe, happy to play Cup - that was an achievement in itself for me so I was stoked to just be playing that, and then the opportunity came to go to the Tigers. That was a real shock because I was 20, 21 and the time and most of the blokes my age - Jayden Nikorima and that - they had already been playing 20s and made it into the NRL. It was a shock but I'm here now and I'm loving every minute of it."

McHunt

What if next year, we...put Paix at 9 and Gamble at 14?
Am I a joke to you?

Turps

If my mind serves me here, i believe Staggs gets about a average of 15 touches a game in the centres.

In those 15 touches, he is a strike weapon, and clearly our best attacking option.

What if we give him 30 touches a game?

Being in the 6 he will get that. Let him float around the field looking for early ball and the chance to run at a retreating defence or lazy markers.

Which means we need another ball playing option to take pressure away from Reynolds and Turpin.

Enter Gamble.

This guys a baller, old fashioned heads up footy player who plays what is in front of him.

Give him the 13, let him take the ball around the middle and help steer our forwards around.

Then Staggs can pick and choose when and where to get involved.

**** YEH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turpin? You mean Hodgs...🤐

I do think the one thing we have to remember with Staggs in the 6 is he will have more traffic and more big bodies running at him, especially if we arent a dominant side. I still have my doubts he will make a good 6, i dont think he will get the kind of room he gets in the centers to be as damaging a ball runner.
He’ll have a much harder time fending off second-rowers than he will opposing centres. If he’s serious, he can’t go into the position and expect it to work as well as it does now, despite how strong he is.

good interview, nice to see the guys saying they love the club and want to be here and actually following through by signing on *glares at TurnCoates*

Gamble is another one of those guys that won’t die wondering which is a nice change from the ‘it’s only a game’ mindset that infected the playing group for years

bad examples,

all of those players had actually played reserve grade footy prior to demanding big money and a starting spot.

in fact in Cameron Munsters case he had played a full season in the QLD cup in 2013, winning the rookie of the year award. in 2014 he basically played another full year of QLD cup (as he only played a single match for the Storm). so in effect, Munster had played 2 FULL seasons in the QLD cup prior to being a fixture in the Storm side, which is completely different to what Walsh wanted
Munster also had cam Smith, Cooper cronk, the Bromwich boys proctor and the likes in the team and slater taking him under his wing
Walker had teddy, Jwh, friend, the Morris boys and the likes with Keary showing him the ropes
Throwing Walsh in round 1 with no experience playing against adults, with a team full of players with a average age of about 23, that just come off a wooden spoon would of been pure stupidity. No matter how much talent he looked to have he needed time to develop first and the team we had wasn't ready to throw a 18 year old kid to the wolves.
Even at the warriors now he never got that time to develop his game properly he has alot of stuff he needs to work on that would of been better fixed in qcup then NRL

I do think the one thing we have to remember with Staggs in the 6 is he will have more traffic and more big bodies running at him, especially if we arent a dominant side. I still have my doubts he will make a good 6, i dont think he will get the kind of room he gets in the centers to be as damaging a ball runner.
I'd much prefer him in the centres with a 5/8 feeding him good early ball.
If we have him at 6 he be a running 6, Nui is a running 1 when we've got too many runners that's when we become a team full of individuals. If staggs at 6 is going to work we need a fullback with good ball playing ability

I like this re-signing.

He's not going to be our long term 5/8, but he's a good backup to have. I do think he is improving at 5/8 and his work with our right side is coming along nicely. With a few more weeks there, provided we stay injury free, I think he'll form some good combinations with our right side players.

Our full squad fit and healthy, I just don't see a spot for him in the top side, though. I think the idea of him becoming a lock is a fantasy that's just never going to be a reality.

I like this re-signing.

He's not going to be our long term 5/8, but he's a good backup to have. I do think he is improving at 5/8 and his work with our right side is coming along nicely. With a few more weeks there, provided we stay injury free, I think he'll form some good combinations with our right side players.

Our full squad fit and healthy, I just don't see a spot for him in the top side, though. I think the idea of him becoming a lock is a fantasy that's just never going to be a reality.
I think he could be a decent centre if we needed him to play there. I think this is why everyone is assuming he will be the utility if not our 6. He'd be good to have at 14 incase of HIA or another injury in the backs during a game. Besides that he would also provide a lot of impact and an energy lift when injected into the game.

I think he could be a decent centre if we needed him to play there. I think this is why everyone is assuming he will be the utility if not our 6. He'd be good to have at 14 incase of HIA or another injury in the backs during a game. Besides that he would also provide a lot of impact and an energy lift when injected into the game.

He'd be a terrible centre but if he needed to fill in as a stop gap during a game, he's do as good a job as anyone else in the team. He is too slow and does not move laterally well at all. He'd be like watching a cheap version of an imitation centre like Capewell...but worse.

He'd be a terrible centre but if he needed to fill in as a stop gap during a game, he's do as good a job as anyone else in the team. He is too slow and does not move laterally well at all. He'd be like watching a cheap version of an imitation centre like Capewell...but worse.
Hmm can't really see him being much worse than someone like Arthars. I think he'd be more comparable to Kurt Mann playing in the centres. I do agree though, you wouldn't want to bank on him being a centre at all.

Center is a really difficult position to defend in, and Gamble isnt a great defender. Gamble is a 6, thats his position. I think he would be a waste at 14 as he would offer no impact off the bench. He's a starting 6 or he isnt in the side next year.

Center is a really difficult position to defend in, and Gamble isnt a great defender. Gamble is a 6, thats his position. I think he would be a waste at 14 as he would offer no impact off the bench. He's a starting 6 or he isnt in the side next year.
See ya later than mate

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Johnny92
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.