OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

Must suck seeing a half put in effort after what we've had to put up with for the past few years. He's all effort whereas our previous superstar was all natural talent and absolutely zero effort.
Yep, he really is the polar opposite of Milford.

I love Tyson and am glad to hear he's (likely) staying on, but I find the wording of this interesting - 'holding down a regular spot'. Didn't he get dropped for Hunt a few weeks back? And was only elevated again due to Kelly's injury? Not that that's Gamble's fault as much as it is Kevvie's bipolar team list selections, of course...

Great news!

This is the type of roster move we need to do.

You can see whenever he puts on a effort play that results in a error for the oppo he is absolutely into them!

And it lifts everyone wearing a Broncos uniform!

He isnt the greatest, he will have the odd dud of a game, but in terms of personality....love this!

I tend to agree with BG. I can only see him as a viable utility bench option UNLESS he can add something more to his game, like ability to play lock or centre even.
I don't even think he is a bench utility. I think he should only be talked about as a starting half if/when our first choice 6 or 7 are not available.

I can't get behind talk of bulking him up to play lock or improving speed/defence to play centre. I'd rather choose locks or centres to do that...

I just don't like it as much as everybody else seems to. I hate it when that Luai **** gets in peoples face and I don't see much difference in what Gamble does.
That's fair enough. It's not dissimilar to how Ennis used to get in people faces and when it was against us i hated it but other nigglers like Ennis, Reynolds, Ash Taylor, Gallen etc had/have a bit of dirtiness like facials or elbows to the face in tackles. I could be wrong but i haven't seen any of that from Gamble, just screaming at people when he gets one over them.

My main objection to your post was him carrying on like a superstar, i don't get an arrogance from him at all, just excitement.

My main objection to your post was him carrying on like a superstar, i don't get an arrogance from him at all, just excitement.
There has to be a level of arrogance involved when you get up and Ric Flair someone in the face....

woooooooo!

Keep Gamble in the halves if he keeps playing like he has.

He's actually getting better and better. I don't buy the lack skills horseshit, after seeing some of the cheeky line breaks he helps create or almost create by running at the line and passing. His passing game is the best of our halves.

I'd say his defense only suffers because he's defending next to Alex Glenn atm who is not great defensively..but hed be better at defense than any of our other halves.

Has to be noted though, even though is he is a half he seems to save alot of tries on the death, I think he could do a decent job with us at 6 next year or a potential 14 or Lock.

His short kicking game needs work though but outside that he is solid He is a ballsy run to the line type like Foran but with a frame to handle the hits, I think the defence criticism is a little harsh though as he usually has a defensive plodder back rower next to him on the line.

His attitude alone though can win us games and im certain that he was the linchpin for our victory against the sharks.

I just don't like it as much as everybody else seems to. I hate it when that Luai **** gets in peoples face and I don't see much difference in what Gamble does.

People only hate it when their team is on the receiving end of it. Absolutely loved Michael Ennis when he was a Bronco, absolutely despised the prick when he was an opposition.

You need a player like that in the squad. Even if it’s just to spark the team into life. Sometimes when a team is down on energy, these type of players will do something to get their teammates revved up and they feed off it.

The turning point of the Sharks game was his defensive play and getting into the face of Ramien. We then score off the next play and we grew in confidence from it.

He would be a great depth signing and would be on less than $200k. He seems to be a big body and could potentially make a semi decent 14 in the interim.

How much is the contract worth? Surely not over $250K a year?

How much is the contract worth? Surely not over $250K a year?
I'd be surprised if it was even close to that high. I'd imagine he's on more than base, but not a great deal more. If base is around $100k then I'd have though under $200k would be more like the right money for Gamble.

Another leak to the press, gives other clubs like the Storm to up their offer to Gamble and make him think twice before signing on the dotted line. Fk Broncs are shit at keeping secrets. Loose lips sink ships.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.