vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold down penalties are the easiest ,least accountable way the NSW team of refs can give the blues a leg up. It only take one or two at the right time to swing the match. I just don't trust them. .Expect Daley to put the refs on notice I the next 48hrs. At least with the video bunker it will be harder for Patten and co to stiff us.

Awwww the old poor old Queensland it's a conspiracy against us, the whole world hates us line. Thought you guys couldn't find a conspiracy this time.

Awwww the old poor old Queensland it's a conspiracy against us, the whole world hates us line. Thought you guys couldn't find a conspiracy this time.
You should read Rothfield's crap some time.

So why was Gavin Cooper flown in if we're planing on using Lillyman? Is somebody else in doubt, or are we planing on playing 3 edge back rowers on the bench..

So why was Gavin Cooper flown in if we're planing on using Lillyman? Is somebody else in doubt, or are we planing on playing 3 edge back rowers on the bench..

I think he's there to experience the whole buildup with a view to using him (possibly) in the near future.

Queensland coach Kevin Walters and his muddling Maroons

DEAN RITCHIE The Daily Telegraph

NATE Myles hasn’t broken the defensive line in four years.
Aidan Guerra has made more errors in half of season 2016 than the previous two years.
And Sam Thaiday runs as well as a Parramatta Eels board election.

Now Kevin Walters faces the indignity of being the man to single-handedly destroy Queensland’s dynasty after picking a highly questionable squad in his first attempt as Maroons coach.

Queensland great Allan Langer calls Walters “Steven Bradbury” because his rivals for the Maroons job all fell over. Walters will take his spot in the coaches box at ANZ Stadium knowing he was the QRL’s fallback option.
Paul Green was offered the job but knocked it back so he could concentrate on winning back-to-back titles with the Cowboys.

Poor Kev couldn’t even command enough respect among the younger players to keep the likes of Anthony Milford and Valentine Holmes in check during an emerging Origin camp earlier this year.
Having won four of the past six games at ANZ Stadium, it’s no wonder NSW are $1.85 favourites heading into Wednesday night.
Queensland have had a charmed run with injuries and stars like Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and NSW’s own Greg Inglis to get them out of trouble.

But their lack of depth looks like being exposed by a NSW squad so full of talent coach Laurie Daley couldn’t find room for enforcer Beau Scott, exciting Penrith backrower Bryce Cartwright and utility gun Jack Bird.
Queensland, on the other hand, have selected “strike” forward Myles, who has busted a total of four tackles in the past two NRL seasons. He hasn’t scored a try or made a linebreak since 2012.
Even he admits his form has been poor for new club Manly.
Guerra has already made more errors halfway through this season than he has in either of the past two years. Give him the ball and watch him stuff up, we say.

He’s committed 13 errors for the Sydney Roosters so far this season. He made 12 for the entire 2015 season and just 11 in 2014.
Guerra is also averaging 2.3 missed tackle a game, more than the previous two years.
Thaiday can’t even crack a starting spot for the Broncos but Walters has deemed his 75 run metres per game and the four busted tackles this year worthy of the Maroons’ run-on squad.
Queensland fans are still having nightmares about 2014 when Cronk got injured and NSW won the series.
His potential replacement Michael Morgan is a fine player for North Queensland but he has made 22 errors this season — the second most of anyone in the NRL outside of St George Illawarra’s Gareth Widdop (25).

Not encouraging signs for the Maroons, who will need Morgan to play more of a steady hand if halfback Cooper Cronk is ruled out with an ankle injury.
With Justin Hodges’ retirement, Queensland’s outside back stocks look decidedly thin.

This is a definite tale of two Justins — the wily veteran Hodges who retired after last year’s series and the ho-hum O’Neill, who is the best of a mediocre bunch of available Queensland outside backs.
Corey Oates, the 21-year-old Bronco, “earned” his wing spot by default after North Queensland’s Kyle Feldt threw away his Origin chance in a shocking performance the weekend before the team was announced.

NSW legend Benny Elias said the Maroons were ready to be put in their place.
“Let’s run our big forwards at their old fellas,” he said. “I am absolutely convinced NSW’s turn is coming. It’s our time. I am speaking on behalf of NSW. I want NSW to get pumped up. It’s a changing of the guard and the pressure is on Queensland.
“Do I hate Queensland? I wish to God that everyone hated Queensland like Queensland hated NSW at this time of the year. They have some great sports people like Greg Norman, Adam Scott and Pat Rafter but they worry more about beating us in Origin than the achievements of those other people.
“The capital of the world when it comes to rugby league is NSW.”

Queensland has an ageing side. But don’t tell NSW coach Laurie Daley they’re too old.
“People have been saying that for a number of years now and look what they continue to do,’’ Daley said. “You never write-off champions.
They are a champion team. They’re never too old. Half of them will play until they’re 40.”
The build-up to this series has lacked some of the venom of the past, but Daley is happy to keep things calm and controlled.
“That has always been Queensland’s approach, that has always been our approach,” Daley said.
“Sometimes things are said in the media that are blown out of proportion. Again, we’re not in a position to say anything. You don’t really need to come out and say anything. Every individual is different but it’s not the way I operate.”

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Queensland coach Kevin Walters and his muddling Maroons

DEAN RITCHIE The Daily Telegraph

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Is he retarded? like honestly?

He pretty much concedes at the end that NSW have been trying hard not to antagonise the Maroons this year, so he gives them a big **** you and just undoes everything.

Incredible. What an absolute halfwit - sorry halfwits.

Yep okay I spoke too soon. Thanks for the motivation Dean...again.

If stupidity had a face...

047466-dean-ritchie-blog-head.jpg

They would need someone there in case a player gets injured on the day of the game or gets sick.

NATE Myles hasn’t broken the defensive line in four years.

He's a prop forward, that's not his job.

And Sam Thaiday runs as well as a Parramatta Eels board election.

Maloney disagrees.

But their lack of depth looks like being exposed by a NSW squad so full of talent coach Laurie Daley couldn’t find room for enforcer Beau Scott, exciting Penrith backrower Bryce Cartwright and utility gun Jack Bird.

The only two people on god's green earth who rate Jackson as anything special are you and Laurie. Even ardent NSW fans are having a hard time figuring out Walker's selection and how is Laurie going to sort out his logjam of prop forwards?

His potential replacement Michael Morgan is a fine player for North Queensland but he has made 22 errors this season — the second most of anyone in the NRL outside of St George Illawarra’s Gareth Widdop (25).

Who edits this paper? Journalistic integrity has to count for something - you can't just make up stats and misinform the public like that.

“People have been saying that for a number of years now and look what they continue to do,’’ Daley said. “You never write-off champions.

Learned that the hard way didn't you Laurie?

Thanks for motivating Pricey and Petero, you really helped us out in a jam then.

“Sometimes things are said in the media that are blown out of proportion. Again, we’re not in a position to say anything. You don’t really need to come out and say anything. Every individual is different but it’s not the way I operate.”

"And then Ritchie goes and spoils it all by writing something stupid like this article..."

Dean Ritchie
aka "I Bleed Blue"

"And then Ritchie goes and spoils it all by writing something stupid like this article..."

:laugh: .....Classic Pete.

I actually heard Sideshow Bob singing that as I read it.

Well you can always count on Ritchie to say something stupid, I don't think I have ever agreed with anything his 'journalism' has said. I just can't get pumped for tomorrow night. Maybe its because I live in Melbourne but I really don't care about this game.

Rothfield, Ritchie, The female hypocrite fucking "journalist" whatever her name is, are most of the dickhead journos from NSW? Looks like it.

Rothfield, Ritchie, The female hypocrite fucking "journalist" whatever her name is, are most of the dickhead journos from NSW? Looks like it.

Bourbon Bec Wilson is the "journalist" you're thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.