Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

O'Neill certainly didnt embarass himself, but he should be way down the pecking order at full strength.

9-4 NSW errors tells the story.

They threw a lot at the Maroons, but at the end of the day, they just didn't have the cohesion. This was highlighted on numerous examples, whether it was Klemmer playing flat to Fifita who lost it, Maloney going himself when Walker and Ferguson were into space and losing it, or the numerous examples of the Blues throwing the ball over the sideline

The other talking point was how it really was a game of inches.

Gagai came desperately close to going over the sideline for the first try, he barely grounded the ball for his third and Jennings only just got a touch on the ball to deny NSW a try that could have decided the entire series. I think the Blues were a touch unlucky, had the referees made a deal about Cronk interfering with Frizell or Gagai's suss grounding then the result may have been different.

Which isn't to deny the greatness of this Maroons outfit. As Chris Garry wrote in his article, the biggest change Kev has made to the Maroons is how they're a threat on both sides of the park. With Mal, the Maroons were far more successful down the left hand side with Inglis and Boyd bagging 33 tries together. This series it's 4-1 to the right side. The key has been Kev's ability to exploit Jennings' defence and his tendency to rush up and fail to get his man. We've seen this in Broncos game, with Ben Hunt in particular benefiting from this bad habit.

For the Maroons, it's just another chapter in their amazing dynasty. Their composure and trust in one another is unlike anything I've seen. Years from now, we're going to be talking about these players in the same way that people talk about Messenger, Brown and Churchill.

It seems like the big talking point after the game is the Blues having a long term plan. I do agree in a sense, but they have to be patient. The way some Blues players have been thrown under the bus for this performance suggests that they're going to go through players like water.

They've got to pick the right players and stick solid with them. A player like Cartwright, Tedesco or Peats may not kill it in their first outing, but they can't just cast them aside after one bad performance. They need to be patient and build a positive culture where ball-playing and creativity is encouraged. Laurie has built a solid foundation in terms of their defence. However, if you want to win a series you cannot be on the back-foot the entire time.

Any word on what duties, if any, Kevvie will have with the Broncos after origin 3? I'd imagine the state responsibilities are pretty light until next year.

Would love to see some more set plays show up in our club matches!

Was at training today but was just walking the dog.

AN “embarrassed” David Klemmer will not be stood down for Origin III after the NSW giant apologised for his act of vandalism in a post-match rage at Suncorp Stadium.The NSW Rugby League conducted an investigation on Friday following revelations by The Courier-Mail that a Blues player punched a hole in the wall following his side’s 26-16 loss in Origin II.
It can be revealed the Blue in question was Klemmer, who took his frustration out with his fists after being summoned for a post-match drugs test by ASADA officials.
Klemmer initially refused to undergo testing and had to be talked around by NSW coach Laurie Daley.
The NSWRL released a statement confirming the damage was inflicted by a Blues player. The statement did not specifically mention Klemmer, but a witness told Suncorp Stadium management that the Blues prop punched the wall in anger.
A NSWRL spokesperson said the offending player admitted his guilt before offering an apology to all parties, including Suncorp Stadium and ASADA officials.
It is understood Klemmer will also foot the repair bill, estimated to be around $500. However, he will not face any further sanctions from the NSWRL, clearing him to play against Queensland in Origin III on July 13.
“We’ve spoken to the player in question and he is very sorry and embarrassed,” a NSWRL spokesperson said.
“The player regrets the incident and he wishes to offer his apologies to everyone concerned including Suncorp Stadium and ASADA.
“We are disappointed the incident occurred and if necessary he will pay for the damages.”
Klemmer is no stranger to Origin controversy. Last year, the 120kg monster launched an expletive-laden verbal attack on Maroons lock Corey Parker, who replied by slamming Klemmer’s lack of respect.
Suncorp has become an unhappy venue for Klemmer. He has lost both his Origin matches at the ground, including the record 52-6 rout in the series decider last season.
A Suncorp Stadium spokesman said the damage would be repaired in time for Brisbane’s round 17 clash against Melbourne this Friday night.
“We’ve notified the NRL as the ground hirer of the damage. It’s up to them whether the NSWRL should compensate us for damage caused,” he said.
“Our operations manager advised their people on the night of the incident. The NRL are aware of it.”
An NRL spokesman said: “Should Suncorp Stadium wish to assess any damage caused, the NRL will review the circumstances under which the damage occurred prior to any decision on costs.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Well if the best he can do when he's pissed is punch a hole in a plastboard wall, then the qlders should really bait him up in game 3, cos even if he throws a punch it'd be like a mozzie bite, and get swatted away. They probably should of called the waaaaaammmmbulance

it's a pity they won't take any action against him for initially refusing a drugs test

Makes you wonder why he was refusing. Players know that they can be tested any time. Regardless of whether he was upset about the game, why refuse? Did he think they'd say "okay, another time maybe?".

Lol man child

Last edited by a moderator:
This waste of space will end up in jail. Without question.

I do not agree with the barage of criticism that is being heaped on the Blues from the likes of Gould , Geyer and even Fatty Vautin. Every man and his dog seems have a theory of what they did wrong. In reality they did not do much wrong at all and could have easily been on the winning side of the ledger in both games.

The fact is Qld is a hell of a side and JT and Cam Smith are future immortals and NSW did well to push them to the very limit. I am no fan of Gallens,but you got to give the guy credit for having been a great competitor for his state/. He is ten times the player Gould ever was.

People seem to forget how hard it was for Qld to win a series when NSW had the likes of Stuart, Daley and Johns at the helm. Its has just been our turn.

Gallen and Daley have every right to tell these know it alls to STFU.

Just for fun, take a look at Aaron Woods' efforts in the two tackles starting at 78:55.

I think you'll see pretty much what you'd expect from NSW.

Just for fun, take a look at Aaron Woods' efforts in the two tackles starting at 78:55.

He was doing that cheap shot shit all game !!

Totally overated gronk IMO and i hope they keep picking him.

I do not agree with the barage of criticism that is being heaped on the Blues from the likes of Gould , Geyer and even Fatty Vautin. Every man and his dog seems have a theory of what they did wrong. In reality they did not do much wrong at all and could have easily been on the winning side of the ledger in both games.

The fact is Qld is a hell of a side and JT and Cam Smith are future immortals and NSW did well to push them to the very limit. I am no fan of Gallens,but you got to give the guy credit for having been a great competitor for his state/. He is ten times the player Gould ever was.

People seem to forget how hard it was for Qld to win a series when NSW had the likes of Stuart, Daley and Johns at the helm. Its has just been our turn.

Gallen and Daley have every right to tell these know it alls to STFU.

I agree with this, and I agree with the post by Big Pete above. The primary issue with NSW over the last 10 years has been their spine, and the reality is that they have not had the players in those positions to match the Maroons. But, the selectors have compounded the issue by not selecting some of their best players or selecting players out of position (eg Hayne). The real difference between the two sides is the spine. What NSW need to do now is instead of chopping and changing, identify their core group of young players, select them in their proper positions and seed some experience around. Be prepared to cop another 2-3 series losses with the hope of going on a run when those younger players are seasoned.

If they choose to not do this and hope that things will switch when Cronk, Thurston and Smith retire, the bad news is that the next crop of Qld players coming through like Milford, Hunt, Mbye, Taylor, Munster, Holmes, Napa etc with proper succession planning are well positioned to continue the rout in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
However, if Chambers is fit, O'Neill won't be playing in Game 3. He was only there to begin with because Chambers was injured.

He won't be, still a month away at this point.

Too easy to re-fracture your foot coming back early.

He took out Robbie Farah by accident, or did he? An ineffective knee aimed at Guerra but Farah finished with a concussion.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tmac
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.