Game 2 ********SPOILERS*********

The Rock said:
Wallace could have done more I agree, but halfbacks tend to work better when you've got your forwards consistently rolling forward with good metres 5-6 sets in a row, and inside the oppositions half.

NSW had all the field position and possession in the first half of the second half.

ningnangnong said:
The Rock said:
Gidley has proven that he's not Origin worthy. Despite poor losses, Fullbacks are still always able to show their true ability - but Gidley has been appalling.

The Gymp will not like that one bit. [icon_wink

[icon_lol1. I am appalled, Gidley is awesome (admittedly I haven´t seent he match yet).

I never said you can't 100% blame Robbie Farah, no doubt the other guys should have jumped on it and Creagh should have taken it, but that early in the game for a so-called 'elite' hooker to throw a pass like that is inexcuseable.

First of all, I'm a Farah fan but he had a shocker last night. True.
Second of all, NSW have looked BETTER when he has been off in BOTH games. True.

Look, its a tough gig to debut against this awesome QLD team. No doubt about it.
The question is simple:
Farah or Ennis for next year's series?

Of course, form and injuries will play a part but Ennis is one man who could cause some real trouble for the QLD team that is for SURE. Two games at a wet ANZ stadium next year. Ennis could really cause something imo.

^
As a NSW supporter. If it were up to you would you:

1) Give game 3 to Ennis so it sets him up for next series then select Ennis for ALL three games next year. (Ala C Smith when we blooded him in the 03 dead rubber)

2) See how Farah goes in game 3 and depending on this performance decide whether to select him for next year's series.

I also agree it isn't really the hooker department that is the nucleus of the problem.

Surely they have to stick with the majority of the side from game 2 barring injury - nothing to lose now!

This is Twiztid.

Sorry The Rock (Shaun, sounds weird otherwise) but Farrah needs to go. Game 1 Campese was made the scapegoat because Farrah never found him when he had a set play ready and found him when he had QLD players sitting on top of him.

His passes have been pretty bad all series. Yes, QLD would lock up the stray passes but Farrah had a bad pass in almost every set, NSW players were dumb to look at it, but Farrah needs to hit the mark 95% of the time at this level. He was slow at dummy half and rarely gave anything different. That is why people are commenting on Wing and Gidley so much with their dummy half roles because they gave an added spark that was missing when Farrah was there.

Defensively I am not convinced either. I am pretty sure he was one of the first contact that should have hit Inglis before he got to Gidley to score his first try. Then his soft attempt at putting Folau down with Gallen(?) just showed his attitude.

To Mrslong. As I said I have passion for the Rabbitohs first. I support the Blues and am passionate for them but I am not going to cry over a loss, because I know we lost to such a great team. Maybe it is more so QLDers take SOO too seriously (can't wait to see the response to that), because we all know that some of the greatest players to play the game past and present are from QLD and NSW players are trying catch up.

The Rock said:
The thing I find very interesting is how fantastic he is for the Tigers at dummy half and his outstanding performance in the city vs country game - I know Origin is different, but if Farah's passes simply aren't "meeting the mark" and if his service isn't up to scratch then surely there's more to it. His combination with Wallace in the City-Country match, after only 4 days of training, was suburb. I'd like to try and work out why it seems SO much different in the NSW team?
To put it simply, he doesn't have some of the best players all in one team ready to knock his head off against him. City vs country is just not a way to tell how good a player is going to play at SOO and for the Tigers is pretty simple as he is the better of the NRL players and can work those normal/average players.

I will say this though and I forgot to say it earlier but I remember last year when Hayne had a pretty bad series and this year so far he has been pretty rock solid. So hopefully Farrah will grow some experience this year and next year if he is still given the #9 he will step up to where he knows he should have been.

The Rock said:
The thing I find very interesting is how fantastic he is for the Tigers at dummy half and his outstanding performance in the city vs country game - I know Origin is different, but if Farah's passes simply aren't "meeting the mark" and if his service isn't up to scratch then surely there's more to it. His combination with Wallace in the City-Country match, after only 4 days of training, was suburb. I'd like to try and work out why it seems SO much different in the NSW team?

Because he can't handle the big game pressure?

In the NRL, Farah is a great player, but some players just aren't cut out for rep footy, simple as that. Ennis at least deserves a shot in the last game.

QLD are just wayyyyy too good and that's an understatement. Farah was FAR from impressive but NSW's problem go far far beyond hooker and if Farah was the only problem yesterday night then nsw would of won the game with a video ref on their side. The NSW forwards were truly pathetic. The two starting front rowers managed a impressive 121 metres between them compared that with 244 metres by Civo and Price. If NSW are looking for scape goats then Johns, Bellamy, selectors, NSW management and simply a lack of talent(seriously I don't think any possible NSW side could beat this QLD team), Bellamy, inexperience and Bellamy are prime candidates.

Yeah Johns was a good player whatever, He's a rubbish coach, every player he's coached has turned to shit and has a track record to prove it. Last years Bulldogs halves were pathetic, left this year and halves have been brilliant. Roberts best season to date, Wallace in great form then under Johns "tuition" played rubbish since, that's to name a few.

Then have super-coach mastermind tactician, Craig Genius Bellamy. Great coach who bags his under pressure half-back before a big game... Great work genius kill off any confidence he might of had going into the game by publicly bagging him and saying he was shit first game, absolute mastermind tactic there. Then we have selectors.... no more needs to be said there. Barring injuries/retirement NSW will be heading for a 5th series loss.

The Rock said:
And seriously, if Lockyer is not the best origin player anyone has ever seen then I'm not here.

Not bagging Locky out here, the bloke is a champion, but I'd like to see a bit of respect for the King please!!!!!

0,,5990082,00.jpg

Lockyer has been a sensation throughout his Origin career, but Wally Lewis was another level above that.

Jeba said:
The Rock said:
And seriously, if Lockyer is not the best origin player anyone has ever seen then I'm not here.

Not bagging Locky out here, the bloke is a champion, but I'd like to see a bit of respect for the King please!!!!!

0,,5990082,00.jpg

Lockyer has been a sensation throughout his Origin career, but Wally Lewis was another level above that.
Quoted for truth.

The Rock said:
But that's the thing Jester, Farah has played in Grand Finals, Finals matches and big games in the NRL and I don't ever recall him cracking under any pressure. He's always been that player who will never crack under pressure and who is also composed (unlike Ennis at times...) So I'm very surprised that we haven't seen the best of Farah in this series.

But yeah, of course Ennis deserves a shot - I just don't think it'll make a great deal of difference.

Farah's played in A grand final and 4 finals games. I'd hardly say he's a tried and proven big match player.

broncospwn said:
Jeba said:
The Rock said:

0,,5990082,00.jpg

Quoted for truth.
and again....

broncospwn said:
QLD are just wayyyyy too good and that's an understatement. Farah was FAR from impressive but NSW's problem go far far beyond hooker and if Farah was the only problem yesterday night then nsw would of won the game with a video ref on their side. The NSW forwards were truly pathetic. The two starting front rowers managed a impressive 121 metres between them compared that with 244 metres by Civo and Price. If NSW are looking for scape goats then Johns, Bellamy, selectors, NSW management and simply a lack of talent(seriously I don't think any possible NSW side could beat this QLD team), Bellamy, inexperience and Bellamy are prime candidates.

Yeah Johns was a good player whatever, He's a rubbish coach, every player he's coached has turned to shit and has a track record to prove it. Last years Bulldogs halves were pathetic, left this year and halves have been brilliant. Roberts best season to date, Wallace in great form then under Johns "tuition" played rubbish since, that's to name a few.

Then have super-coach mastermind tactician, Craig Genius Bellamy. Great coach who bags his under pressure half-back before a big game... Great work genius kill off any confidence he might of had going into the game by publicly bagging him and saying he was shit first game, absolute mastermind tactic there. Then we have selectors.... no more needs to be said there. Barring injuries/retirement NSW will be heading for a 5th series loss.

Exactly, especially with the bolded part. The NSW forwards were weak.

If a side that has it's numbers 1-10 in the Australian side couldn't win, then there would be a bigger problem. The thing is, apart from Gallen, there is no one in the NSW forward pack that should be picked for Australia.

The NSW culture in SOO is wrong. They have no pride in their jersey, or nowhere near as much as Queensland. They drop players fast and are always quick to lay the blame. There is no sense of loyalty or respect. Just look at the way they are thinking of picking Kimmorely now, when only 3 years ago they blamed him and then dropped him.

^
I agree. One of the biggest worries for NSW over the past four years is that no forward has really stamped and made a mark you know?
It SHOULD have been Mason after game 1 2006 but after that one game he has done nothing. It also should have been Shrek. These two should have been the forwards to match price and civo. They didn't stand up to it at ALL. Rubbish.

No NSW forward has made a mark in the last four years it is as simple as that.

QLD on the other hand -
Johnson - Attack his useless enough said. However he has been an integral part of this QLD side and has stamped his mark with his defense.
Civo/Price - Enough said.
Thaiday - He had that real cracker in 06 game 2 and had been a steady forward for them since. Outshined by others but still good.
Myles - biggest nuffit in a club jumper. Plays out of his skin for QLD. Vautin anyone?

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • johnny plath
  • lynx000
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Mister Wright
  • Skathen
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.