Game 2 ********SPOILERS*********

Twiztid said:
I was going to re-word my original post but seeing as you replied to it I'll put it up in quotes.

You giving it too NSW supporters pretty much makes you no better then a Doggies supporter. Take a win and enjoy it but don't abuse fans (which I am assuming you probably did if fights were almost on the cards).

Well that is alright then I guess. I have just seen where that line has been crossed before and it just ruins the game. Dickheads that get in your face to try and start something.

I guess it is different for me as well when it comes to SOO as I just see SOO as another game win or loss, I am not going to loss sleep over the Blues losing or losing 4 series in a row. I will support them, but Rabbitohs will always come first for me. Plus if you can remember or did up old posts of mine when we did win, I have never took pot shots as many do.

I will also not do what plenty of other NSWelshman (some on here) and follow their support for the Broncos over state barries to support QLD and or follow the winning team. That pisses me off and ruins the aspect of what SOO is about. I have had that rant before and won't go into it again. Anyways glad you enjoyed the game out there. Shirt probably stayed on this game?

Well done to Qld, what a superb and courageous effort by our boys. Credit to Twiztid for being a good sport and having a great attitude.

Did anyone see the cockroach mascot waving his hands in the air like saying "Get up" to Inglis on the sideline after Cheap Shot hit him? For mine, it was just like when the Bulldogs mascot stood over Mick Hancock writhing on the ground injured in a 1995 final at the SFS, goading him - I think he got punted for that. Even the Sydney papers called it the ultimate unsportsmanship.

lynx000 said:
Twiztid said:
I was going to re-word my original post but seeing as you replied to it I'll put it up in quotes.

You giving it too NSW supporters pretty much makes you no better then a Doggies supporter. Take a win and enjoy it but don't abuse fans (which I am assuming you probably did if fights were almost on the cards).

Well that is alright then I guess. I have just seen where that line has been crossed before and it just ruins the game. Dickheads that get in your face to try and start something.

I guess it is different for me as well when it comes to SOO as I just see SOO as another game win or loss, I am not going to loss sleep over the Blues losing or losing 4 series in a row. I will support them, but Rabbitohs will always come first for me. Plus if you can remember or did up old posts of mine when we did win, I have never took pot shots as many do.

I will also not do what plenty of other NSWelshman (some on here) and follow their support for the Broncos over state barries to support QLD and or follow the winning team. That pisses me off and ruins the aspect of what SOO is about. I have had that rant before and won't go into it again. Anyways glad you enjoyed the game out there. Shirt probably stayed on this game?

Well done to Qld, what a superb and courageous effort by our boys. Credit to Twiztid for being a good sport and having a great attitude.
not losing sleep over his nsw blues losing 4 in a row is being a good sport?

no wonder nsw haven't got the passion we have. [icon_non

Good on Queensland. I think last nights game could have really gone either way at the end. It was good to see the players so happy at the end. Of course not so much the NSW players but oh well, thats what you get.

I won't be losing any sleep over it either. Actually I had a great night sleep last night. It's just another game to me where I can actually enjoy but also not really care who wins as it doesn't affect Souths (unless Crocker had got put on report for that fight...argh). I definately don't think that NSW have this 'passion' that keeps getting passed around and to be honest I don't really know why. Maybe we have more important things to think about ;)

In reply to the ratings on the SMH which are always bad this is my take (i only edited the comments I disagreed with):

NSW

Kurt Gidley (c)
Captain courageous. But courage only gets you so far. Is fullback his right spot for Origin? 5.5

Jarryd Hayne
That's twice in a row this bloke's given it his best crack at winning an Origin from the left wing. 8

Joel Monaghan
Poked his head into a few holes but never busted free. 6.5

Jamie Lyon
Not his worst Origin but surely his last. Might be serving drinks in Wee Waa the next time NSW win a series. 4.5

David Williams
Did the pink dye drain into his brain? There's more security in Baghdad than when the Wolfman ran with the ball. 2

Trent Barrett
Supposed to come back and do an "Alfie", got confused in the twilight zone and came out as Les Boyd to rob the match of its best player. 5

Peter Wallace
With what Farah was giving him what more could he do? 4.5

Brent Kite
This kite was well and truly grounded - first by opposition forwards and then by Bellamy, who's never liked him. 5.5

Robbie Farah
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. NSW never seemed to have enough troops; this one made too many blues. 4

Michael Weyman
Someone likes their sweets. Played like a cream bun in game one; toffee this time, with a lot more crunch. 7

Ben Creagh
Supposed to be the Blues' target man in attack to take out Locky; taken out of action himself most of the time. 5

Luke O'Donnell
Rough and ready, loves the rumble and kept the pressure on Queensland when the Blues rose from the dead. 8

Paul Gallen
The country member for Cronulla (yep, Mickey Paea remembers) had a forgettable start and little improved by the end. 5

Interchange

Josh Morris
Called in to replace Craig Wing after a mix-up; they chose the bloke built like a utility. So-so debut. 5

Justin Poore
Nice shot on the chin of Crocker, who's been asking for it for years. Not much else that was memorable. 5

Glenn Stewart
Energetic game, spoilt by a couple of mistakes but showed he could handle the rise in class. 6.5

Anthony Watmough
The man with the craziest eyes in league was the Blues best off the bench - and better than many starters. 7.5

QLD

Billy Slater
Human after all, made a few errors and never as incisive in attack as he can be. Was he sick? 6

Darius Boyd
Ball rarely found its way to his side. No blemishes either and rode Lyon over the sideline to snuff out the Blues. 6.5

Greg Inglis
Thin Mal. Looked absolutely brilliant with try and a dazzling run before some thug stole his man-of-the-match medal. 8

Willie Tonga
Not seen in this company for several years; punishing defence helped establish Maroon ascendancy. 7.5

Israel Folau
Despite his manifest qualities is becoming something of a target. Played the best game I've seen from him. 8

Darren Lockyer (c)
Best game of the year from Lockyer, didn't miss a tackle, rallied the troops. My MOTM. 8.5

Johnathan Thurston
The everywhere man. Didn't lay on the tries like he often does but still managed to be johnny on the spot when needed. 8

Steve Price
High Court judges have to retire at 70: maybe we need a referendum on a mandatory retirement age for props. Magnificent knock from Pricey 8

Cameron Smith
Owned Robbie Farrah, cemented his spot as the best hooker in the game. 7.5

Petero Civoniceva
If NSW ever want to win a series again, they'd best start with beating big Pet and Price, who look like they could still do it in walking frames. 8

Ashley Harrison
A real QLD knock. Queensland don't rise without someone like him. 8

Sam Thaiday
Played a little wide and loose enough to get his curls bouncing. A threat early on the right. Should play more wide for the Bronx 8

Dallas Johnson
The grunt man has had a tough year, losing form and - yesterday - his breakfast. Still did the job. 7

Interchange
Karmichael Hunt

Injury again meant he was thrust into the centres where he looked lost. Safe but never able to assert himself. Should have been moved to fullback. 6

Ben Hannant
A buggered leg, who cares: I've got another. Ran with plenty of gusto despite his injury and tackled strongly. 8

Nate Myles
Met a few Blues with solid defence. 7

Michael Crocker
Hard to say it's so but the growling dog had his worst ever Origin with too many spilled balls. 5

ronnyd said:
I think he is very generous giving Wallace 4.5
They are my scores. He gave him 1.5. Definitely not NSW's worst player was Wallace, he actually tackled.

The Rock said:
How many times has this guy picked up a loose ball and scored a try? Seriously.

Yeah, he's just lucky most of the time

The Rock said:
As for Farah - People are way too harsh. This man's defence has saved us from getting smashed in the first 2 games IMO. He cleans up the ruck, makes important tackles, he's got great technique - Thank god for Farah.
eusa_think like when he tackled Israel Folau and stopped him from scoring under the sticks, oh wait, no he didn't tackle Israel Folau and was the cause of the softest try in the history of State of Origin. [eusa_doh

6a00e0097e4e6888330115705adc16970c-800wi

See the dude with hands on his head...pretty sure that's farah, aye aye yippy yippy aye

Nah Farrah didn't keep you from getting hammered - Billshit Harrigan was responsible for that.

He did only miss 2, but shit, what a tackle to miss! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
If that was Farah it was probably the only missed tackle he made all game. Also, I recall that it was just one NSW player attempting to make that tackle...why? Because there was no other support by his forwards as usual.

It was Piss Poore and Farah trying to stop Folau they had no chance... Your kidding yourself if you think Farah did a good job.. Your forwards were woeful because Farah was in control of them.... Ennis is amust for years to come for the blues..

Farah passed a beauty to Lockyer to score also, thanks Robbie.

Beads6 said:
The Rock said:
If that was Farah it was probably the only missed tackle he made all game. Also, I recall that it was just one NSW player attempting to make that tackle...why? Because there was no other support by his forwards as usual.

It was Piss Poore and Farah trying to stop Folau they had no chance... Your kidding yourself if you think Farah did a good job.. Your forwards were woeful because Farah was in control of them.... Ennis is amust for years to come for the blues..

+1

Farah's service from dummyhalf was absolutely woeful...gifted Queensland 6 points but also cost NSW any chance of gaining momentum.

I know you're in love with Farah, but seriously Rock, do you honestly think that he played well, or that his forwards are to blame for the game he played? I've not seen one review of him in any paper that reckons he went any good at all and I'd have to agree.

No Rock, even when there were players set, the pass invariably was behind them so they lost any momentum. Half the reason Wallace and Barrett were so shit was because of the lack of service.

NSW actually looked BETTER when Farah went off and Gidley shifted to hooker.

Cameron Smith owned Farah. Lol, I hope they select you as a selector The Rock.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.