Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Klemmer is only a hero when his team is winning, he's proven that he goes to water when the going is tough.

Well that was one of the worst reffing displays I've ever seen. I have no words.

Thurston lost us that tbh, though I can't blame him because he did so much through the 80 minutes. And not with his kicking - well, goal kicking. When we were in front with 2 minutes on the clock and he punted it to the sidelines, that was a silly play made under heavy fatigue IMO. We should have been looking for either a restart or to give them the ball back on their line - and we win.

In any case, proud of the efforts tonight. NSW shot themselves in the foot repeatedly and it was only the refs which kept them in the contest. There is still so much between the teams it's ridiculous. I truly hope they buy into the hype about how it's a 'new start' etc....and then we crush them again in Game I next year!!

Fifita is a grub and should be nowhere near a footy field, ever. He should get suspended for attacking the head - but he won't. Also have to say I'm a bit disappointed in a few of McGuire's efforts tonight, hair pulls etc. Play with aggression for sure, but don't get involved in the shit Josh. We're better than that.

Well that was one of the worst reffing displays I've ever seen. I have no words.

Thurston lost us that tbh, though I can't blame him because he did so much through the 80 minutes. And not with his kicking - well, goal kicking. When we were in front with 2 minutes on the clock and he punted it to the sidelines, that was a silly play made under heavy fatigue IMO. We should have been looking for either a restart or to give them the ball back on their line - and we win.

In any case, proud of the efforts tonight. NSW shot themselves in the foot repeatedly and it was only the refs which kept them in the contest. There is still so much between the teams it's ridiculous. I truly hope they buy into the hype about how it's a 'new start' etc....and then we crush them again in Game I next year!!

Fifita is a grub and should be nowhere near a footy field, ever. He should get suspended for attacking the head - but he won't. Also have to say I'm a bit disappointed in a few of McGuire's efforts tonight, hair pulls etc. Play with aggression for sure, but don't get involved in the shit Josh. We're better than that.

IMO he was trying to kick it to O'Neill & Gagai. It was low enough that any of them could have grabbed it (it bounced before it went out?), but they'd come in too far from their sideline.

Like I said before, we have Munster, Chambers, Napa, Holmes, Papalli, Grevsmuhl, Milford and Hunt coming back. Possibly slater.

We missed chambers big league as well. O'neill did his job in d, but chambers is a different beast in attack. Our backline will probably be something like: 1. Slater/ Boyd, 2. Oates/ Boyd, 3. Gi, 4. Chambers, 5. Gagai/Oates, with Holmes and O'neill as backup. Milf will vying for a spot on the bench.

Last edited:

I don't blame Thurston for that.

He was looking for a try and he got the kick right, but the outside men stuffed it up. And the refs conveniently missed Gagai being held back to stop him from going for the ball..

Last edited:
Forgetting Milford mate.

Yeah he is great and will play indefinitely.

I kind of think the Maroons might get the cricket curse the Australian team had. I remember when McGrath/Warne retired and they were the Thurston/Smith of the Australian team, when they retired Australia pumped up all of these up and coming players but they fell flat on the spot. QLD have some very good players coming through but they are not in the same class of the current mob.

The Maroons are not the All Blacks so the tide will turn and NSW will have a good run of their own at some point. Remember the NSW under 20's have dominated the Maroons.

Oh look, I did say I didn't blame Thurston, I get what he was going for but I think it was silly. Up by a couple of points with a couple of minutes on the clock - that's the time for playing safe and going for a repeat set, don't even give them a sniff. We gave them a sniff and they came away with the win, simple as that. But we should never have been in that position anyway (either fatigue or scoreline), if the game was officiated fairly. That's what it comes down to. We still very nearly did enough to come away with it - the gulf in class still exists!

Well, that certainly lived up to dead rubbers being crazy games.

Obviously I'm not a fan of seeing Queensland lose, but by the same token, I'm really proud of that defensive effort. That chase from Cooper Cronk to deny Tedesco was the best play of the night bar none.

But full credit to the Blues for the last try. 10m out from their own line, with it all to do and they were able to come up with it. I hated how they carried on after it and that post-match stuff was complete nonsense but sadly that's the type of characters they are.

I'll need to watch a replay before I get too opinionated about the game. Watching it live, I was having too much fun riffing on it. The lower stakes made it more of a party. Where as in Game I, it was like the opening scene of Inglorious Basterds. You could have cut the tension with a knife!

Bman, promise me you won't go on any nudie runs. :laugh: Congrats champ, I'm sure you enjoyed that one.

Grevsmuhl has sucked, he is nowhere near rep standard. Chambers is good as Papalli. Holmes is unproven at rep level, Napa will be easily contained. Hunt still has a lot of improvement in him and the storm factor makes Munster look better than what he is. Tedesco is far better.

Remember Hayne could possibly be back to dominate Origin again next year as well.

Dominate? I'm not sure you understand what that word means.

Did anyone else notice when Jennings scored the other Blues players thought it was Frizell & run up to him & congratulated him & Jennings was left by himself. :laugh:

Did anyone else notice when Jennings scored the other Blues players thought it was Frizell & run up to him & congratulated him & Jennings was left by himself. :laugh:

Yes I saw that, very funny. Jennings is waiting for everyone to run up and congratulate him but they all form a huddle away from him.

I will pay the last NSW try , but as for the rest of the game Qld were pretty much robbed. Anyway it will be good motivation for game one next year . You got to love origin. Nothing competes with it.

Nsw, so racist.

Active Now

• Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Fatboy
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.