Game 3 Spoilers

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
NSW 14 - 6 after 35 mins

* 8 point try to NSW, i can remember the last time i saw an 8 point try.
* Williams didn't get that ball down for his try, he lost it IMO.
* Slater isn't having the greatest game IMO
* If Hodges had have got that ball down that would have been the greatest try in the history of the game

* Williams' try was as close as Johnson's IMO. Seperation was there but got it back in time before the ball hit the ground.
* Hope Thurston gets a few weeks for that. Disgusting. Not sure, on the ruling of the 8 point try though.
* Agree on Hodges try attempt, would make a great highlight package.

According to Vossy, the refs got the rule wrong on the 8 point try. apparently it can only be an 8 point try if the infringement comes during the act of scoring, and since the ref had ruled that Williams had grounded the ball before Thurston had kicked out it can't be an 8 point try. Vossy said that after the ball was grounded Thurston could have gone up and punched him in the head and they couldn't rule an 8 point try

Williams did not get the ball down. He gets up shaking his damn head. An 8 point try can only occur when the infringement occurs as the try is being made. Thurston come in after Williams supposedly scored.

They have been dirty all night. Head highs, face palms, grapples, other dirty wrestling tactics (what do we expect with Bellyache?). Ennis is a grub.

However, it would be great if Qld could defend. They are running right through us rather easily. We also need to stop dropping the ball.

Twiztid said:
* Williams' try was as close as Johnson's IMO. Seperation was there but got it back in time before the ball hit the ground.
* Hope Thurston gets a few weeks for that. Disgusting. Not sure, on the ruling of the 8 point try though.
* Agree on Hodges try attempt, would make a great highlight package.

I don't think it matters if you have seperation when grounding the ball with your chest since you can't knock on with your chest. as long as the ball is on the ground when you land on it, which it was in Johnsons case

I've been disappointed with Crocker.

Watmough is a ****.

Some refereeing decisions have been dodgy. Tonga had the ball stripped close to the line and then Smith went over to score, but it was ruled a knock on. There's been a few others as well.

Imagine if NSW selectors had picked this side from the start of the series. I know it's with the wisdom of hindishgt, but I reckon QLD would have been in trouble. Sure QLD aren't playing that well, but NSW isn't really letting them

I wouldn't mind seeing all this niggle spill out into a fight. It will certainly spark things up.

The first ten minutes were pretty intense.

broncosil said:
Williams did not get the ball down. He gets up shaking his damn head. An 8 point try can only occur when the infringement occurs as the try is being made. Thurston come in after Williams supposedly scored.

They have been dirty all night. Head highs, face palms, grapples, other dirty wrestling tactics (what do we expect with Bellyache?). Ennis is a grub.

However, it would be great if Qld could defend. They are running right through us rather easily. We also need to stop dropping the ball.

Have you been watching your own team mate? Seriously take the goggles off, QLD are just as bad.

* The ball control has been frustrating as all hell. Some of the errors have been ridiculous.
* Both sides have had their moments of grubbiness
* Queensland need to toughen up and hit the pricks harder. Get the props (Matt Scott has impressed btw) to charge up the middle. We are getting nowhere out wide
* Somebody punch Tony Archer in the face please

I don't think Qld would have been in trouble if this NSW team was picked originally. We have a few missing and combined with our poor defense (attitude maybe) is making the difference tonight.

Our defense has simply been crap tonight. We are not closing the gaps.

The refs are a disgrace again. The rucks are slower than a normal NRL game. NSW are holding way too much and the res are letting them .
We have been pretty much useless inside the 20m zone and they have shut down our second man play which seems like all we have ATM.
It will be interesting to see what we throw at them in the second half, and if Locky starts running things a bit more.

Both tries looked a bit dodgy - both benefit of the doubt, fair enough. The 8 point try thing was a joke though.

Qld making far too many mistakes both with the ball and missed tackles. They look like they think they're playing a dead rubber. NSW are making a few mistakes too, just a few less. A few cheap shots have been let go too, which makes the 8 pointer ironic. Someone was blatantly taken out before the Hodges no-try, should have been a penalty - but Qld not doing themselves any favours.

Hope Mal gives them the mother of all rev-ups at half-time. They shouldn't be losing to these complete nuffies, especially in front of the Qld crowd, with just 1 game for the year they deserve better. I hope Mal tells them so.

I realise that the refs probably got the 8 point try wrong, but for mine if you are going to kick a player then you should be penalised, got his just deserves. Also reckon that the ref on-field got the tip off from the video ref re the penalty so all in all 4 refs got it wrong to a degree.

We are struggling and will have trouble winning this from here, a few need to step up big-time especially in the forwards, not sure Mal's tinkering with the starting side worked.

Phil Gould is once again giving me the shits. but thats no surprise to me he just said.

"NSW is so far ahead, its not funny, NSW have a win starring them in the face"

BTW, apparently the odds at halftime are:

NSW $1.33
QLD $3.00

Foordy said:
I don't think it matters if you have seperation when grounding the ball with your chest since you can't knock on with your chest. as long as the ball is on the ground when you land on it, which it was in Johnsons case

If the balls hits his chest (then hits the ground) in an attempt at the ball, shouldn't that be the same as contesting at the ball with your hands?

Twiztid said:
Foordy said:

If the balls hits his chest (then hits the ground) in an attempt at the ball, shouldn't that be the same as contesting at the ball with your hands?

It should be, but its not. as we found out in the Broncos vrs Manly game this year when Lyon got a try after the ball hit his torso before he fell on it once it was on the ground

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.