Game 3 Spoilers

Astroboy said:
Someone was blatantly taken out before the Hodges no-try, should have been a penalty - but Qld not doing themselves any favours.
That was Boyd and he only fell over Hayne's legs. The same situation but in reverse when Hayne kicked ahead and fell over Boyd's legs. Nothing in it.

Twiztid said:
Foordy said:
I don't think it matters if you have seperation when grounding the ball with your chest since you can't knock on with your chest. as long as the ball is on the ground when you land on it, which it was in Johnsons case

If the balls hits his chest (then hits the ground) in an attempt at the ball, shouldn't that be the same as contesting at the ball with your hands?

The officials went through all this after the Lyon try against the Broncs, very similar, the Broncos questioned the try and they backed the video refs decision. It shouldn't even have been benefit of the doubt.

Foordy said:
Phil Gould is once again giving me the shits. but thats no surprise to me he just said.

"NSW is so far ahead, its not funny, NSW have a win starring them in the face"

BTW, apparently the odds at halftime are:

NSW $1.33
QLD $3.00

Juicy odds considering history. It's a matter of whether we can shake our dead rubber mentality though.

Twiztid said:
If the balls hits his chest (then hits the ground) in an attempt at the ball, shouldn't that be the same as contesting at the ball with your hands?

It should, but it's not. Ridiculous rule IMO, but still a rule. You can ground the ball with your torso but can't knock on with it. We had a similar situation in a Broncos game earlier in the year.

Foordy said:
It should be, but its not. as we found out in the Broncos vrs Manly game this year when Lyon got a try after the ball hit his torso before he fell on it once it was on the ground
Didn't they say after the game that they got that one wrong?

Twiztid said:
Astroboy said:
Someone was blatantly taken out before the Hodges no-try, should have been a penalty - but Qld not doing themselves any favours.
That was Boyd and he only fell over Hayne's legs. The same situation but in reverse when Hayne kicked ahead and fell over Boyd's legs. Nothing in it.

Actually I think you'll find Boyd pushed Hayne in the back in that one. He's a grub that Hayne. Anyway, 2nd half on, hope Qld fire up!

Twiztid said:
Foordy said:
It should be, but its not. as we found out in the Broncos vrs Manly game this year when Lyon got a try after the ball hit his torso before he fell on it once it was on the ground
Didn't they say after the game that they got that one wrong?

NO, the refs boss backed the video ref and said he made the right call

Everyone in a Blue's jersey is a grub to you guys, seriously take the googles off. If they were wearing a Maroon jersey you would be cheering it.

Twiztid said:
Everyone in a Blue's jersey is a grub to you guys, seriously take the googles off. If they were wearing a Maroon jersey you would be cheering it.

Thats the difference between QLD and NSW supporters around origin time... we hate everyone wearing blue.

Twiztid said:

Ok, show me a Maroon that has broken someones jaw deliberately in a State of Origin Match?

Foordy said:
NO, the refs boss backed the video ref and said he made the right call
Ok then, I thought I read otherwise but no worries.

Hodges in. Booooooo. Might as well not have been there in defense, because they just helped him over the line.

GCBRONCO said:
Twiztid said:

Ok, show me a Maroon that has broken someones jaw deliberately in a State of Origin Match?
Umm he didn't deliberately go in there to break his jaw, so not even a Blue's player has.

Twiztid said:
GCBRONCO said:
Twiztid said:

Umm he didn't deliberately go in there to break his jaw, so not even a Blue's player has.

Actually he did and you can tell clearly in any footage (even my NSW mates agree he did) of the hit he went in with the intention of causing serious damage and towards the connection he deliberately aimed for his jaw, hardly "accidental". Theres a difference between the expected rough and tough you get from it but he definitely went out with the intention of taking him out any means necessary.

GCBRONCO said:
Twiztid said:
GCBRONCO said:
Twiztid said:

Actually he did and you can tell clearly in any footage (even my NSW mates agree he did) of the hit he went in with the intention of causing serious damage and towards the connection he deliberately aimed for his jaw, hardly "accidental".
There is a whole thread on this debate. So I know we are not going to agree here.

BILLY SLATER TRY

shove that up you a$$ Gould

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.