Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He won't get many headlines but the injection of Lindsay Collins really swung this game. 115 mtrs in 33 mins is outstanding for anyone, never mind a debutante. He bent the line with every run and helped swing the ascendency early in that second half. He is made for Origin and could be a regular member for the next 5-6 years.

How great is to have that magical Bennett factor back again? I have really missed it these last two years at club level. Qld never cease to amaze me, such a special team to follow.

Is it just me or did they try their fucking hardest for the Blues there in that last 5 mins? Clearys chin was still on the fucking ground when he tried to play that ball and they gave a penalty!!!
Tbf his chin is on the ground when he’s standing uprigh

Signed up to 9now to watch it in all the 9 glory (it’s not the same without Rabs still), and what the ****? Unskippable ads?

Whadda buncha *****

We can debate whether he deserved to be there until the cows come home, but full credit to Xavier Coates scoring on debut for the Maroons. It can't be an easy thing to achieve.
Unless Gagai breaks a number of tackles, runs 50 meters and gives you a saloon passage to the try line that is

Hope Capewell is right to go, he’ll beat Gutherson with his spin move next week.

Despite the talent advantage qld still has the spirit advantage, the south is the land of soft.

It was a great win and a good start for Bennett.

But in fairness, we had a perfect second half to win Game I last year as well. Let's see what he can do in the next two games. In fact, we won by the same scoreline 18-14. Only difference is, we came from 8-0 down.

Watching the final few moments again.

The 'forward' pass call on Friend was extremely sus. The pass looked perfectly fine and at worse would have seen NSW forced to bring the ball out of their corner. At best, Munster dabs a kick through for DCE to score and wrap the game up.

The Blues had Queensland shot with a minute to go. DCE tried to milk an obstruction and it backfired horribly. Coates came up with a huge defensive play to deny them a try.

The Cleary penalty is one of my personal pet hates. I don't mind a player emphasising a second effort, but when the opponent tries to play the ball too quickly it should be null and void. I don't blame Sutton because the last minute of an Origin decider isn't the time to start a new precedent, but the rule is black and white in the rulebook. The player must be on both feet, standing upright and must maintain their balance while playing the ball. You should be punished for not being able to complete the one basic rule that seperates the code from Union.

Also want to point out that the pass from Cook to get Cleary on the front foot was flat at best. If the Friend pass was forward, that was at least worse.

The Kaufusi sin-bin wasn't surprising, but the ruck was dirty through out, why blow a deliberate penalty sin-bin there when you had so many other chances?

The tackle from Gagai on Tedesco was brilliant. Dominant tackle so it gave Queensland the right to lay on the tackle player longer. The Maroons definitely stretched it but Tedesco didn't play the ball correctly so I thought it was fair the referee showed some leniency.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.