Game I Queensland Origin Team

BroncsFan

NRL Player
I'm with you both on Hess, no way is he ready, maybe two years before he's earned the right. I'm hoping Wallace gets to the bench for the next one, we need his youth and enthusiasm. He's proven at a young age that he can be a leader in the forwards. I believe this may be Myles and Guerras last goes unless they play really well above their club form. Cannot see a qld win this year but they constantly surprise me...go you good things
If Scott didn't go down no way does Myles get selected IMO. They would've brought through a new breed to begin the changing of the guard.

Scott is that influential that you could've brought a Wallace into the squad along with Napa.

theshed

NRL Player
People writing us off are overlooking some importent details.

Their backline has more class. Not doubt, but they have 2 fullbacks playing centre, a centre playing wing, and a winger in the twilight of his career.

With Smith and Cronk's impecabke eyes for on overlap, there is no way Boyd and Milf don't terrorise their edges with the space Boyd creates for his outside backs.

We obviously have the better spine. im a fan of Peats but Peats and Pearce are not even close to comparable to Smith and Cronk. That's a 7/10 hooker/half back combo vs a 12/10.

Meloney is a talent but just compare his stats to Milf's this year and his efforts are completely dwarfed.

Tedesco, and Hayne are down on form. Dugan is only just returning from injury.

They have only have us beaten for Props but Aroon Woods is a lazy cat, and Klemmer isn't exactly electrifying. Andrew Fafita scares me the most out of anyone on their team.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
I wish our full strength QLD team could be here for this game, because this is the most exciting team NSW have trotted out for a while.

Full strength QLD makes the NSW team, probably the best they will have for years, look average. (In the game that is, not on paper, which is where NSW play).

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If Scott didn't go down no way does Myles get selected IMO. They would've brought through a new breed to begin the changing of the guard.

Scott is that influential that you could've brought a Wallace into the squad along with Napa.
Myles would have been selected regardless of whether Scott played or not.

He always does the job asked of him and doesn't let the team down. He would have been one of the first picked.

theshed

NRL Player
First try scorer and man of the match predictions, guys???

FT: Oates - I'll have toss up between Oates and Gagai because I am very confident in Boyd catching out the nsw Backline, but Milf will be playing on the left, and I can see Oates catching Fergo out of position before Morris is out of position.

MoM: Boyd - I think the criticism will really push him and he has been gold standard the last few years. I think he will really cause trouble to the NSW defence, and will want to stake his claim as a future QLD leader.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

FT: Oates - I'll have toss up between Oates and Gagai because I am very confident in Boyd catching out the nsw Backline, but Milf will be playing on the left, and I can see Oates catching Fergo out of position before Morris is out of position.

MoM: Boyd - I think the criticism will really push him and he has been gold standard the last few years. I think he will really cause trouble to the NSW defence, and will want to stake his claim as a future QLD leader.
I need either Oates or Cronk to score FTS.

Morris or Tedesco to be FTS for the Blues.

Horseheadsup

NRL Player

I'm going Milford to score first. More realistically Oates or Cronk. But I'd love him to be first in.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
This never gets old.

I just love the reaction from him when he drops it. Such a waste, beer is fucking expensive there.
I love the way he wants to keep that scarf or whatever it is swinging despite the horror of the dropped beer.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Didn't Chambers give Hayne an absolute bath in their game a few weeks ago?
He sure did. Our backline (aside from O'Neill but he is purely there for his defense) is actually pretty good. Gagai has been close to MOTM in every one of his games thus far and Boyd is as safe as they come at the back and on the end of such a classy spine, is like gold.

We love to let NSW think it is far more lop-sided than it actually is.

The thing about Hayne though is that you know he will bring his A game to such a high stakes match.

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Put me down for Papalii first try scorer. Short ball from Milf putting Big Papa through a hole and over the top of Tedesco.

Smith MoM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter