Game I Queensland Origin Team

lol Corey Oates trained on his own because a "mystery bug" is in the camp. C'mon Maroons you pull this one every damn year.

Yeah you can almost set your watch to it. An injury scare or bug to sweep through camp and decimate the side serve an important function in State of Origin these days.

Origin, in the modern era, has more in common with something like Wrestlemania than it does Rugby League. It has to follow certain genre conventions to make it palatable to the massive audience it generates. The best storyline is always when the Maroons are underdogs and the Blues are the villains.

This is getting harder to pull off as they have won 10 of the last 11 series. We have to knock the Maroons down a peg or two. They have to be under the pump. Without a genuine scandal or legitimate injury, low hanging fruit like a virus, will suffice.

It's been proven Origin won't die if the Bues are not successful. In fact it's only gotten bigger. It will though if QLD are ever noncompetitive. They are the people's team.

The hype gets more out of control every year. It's bordering on silly now. I'd like the game to ko at 7:30 pm. It's pushing 8:20 pm before it starts now.

Kick off is scheduled for 8:00 pm. Obviously it will not start then. Anyone want to take the over under on when it will get underway? I'm going with 8:35 pm.

On a similar note, any takers on how long half time will go for? Last year one went for 22 minutes...They'll probably crack 25 minutes this year i reckon.

Laurie Daley is ditching the final run before the game because of the heckling and booing the players are copping from the QLD fans..

I can't fucking believe it.

Wasn't fans.

There was a FOGS lunch and they had a Queensland Origin montage up on the big screens while New South Wales were training.

Daley has just said last session will be at Titans on the way to Brisbane and we won't worry with Lang Park and lunches, sprinklers and montages disrupting us.

Some really good talks in camp. Kerrod Walters did a night and John Sattler.

Yeah you can almost set your watch to it. An injury scare or bug to sweep through camp and decimate the side serve an important function in State of Origin these days.

Origin, in the modern era, has more in common with something like Wrestlemania than it does Rugby League. It has to follow certain genre conventions to make it palatable to the massive audience it generates. The best storyline is always when the Maroons are underdogs and the Blues are the villains.

This is getting harder to pull off as they have won 10 of the last 11 series. We have to knock the Maroons down a peg or two. They have to be under the pump. Without a genuine scandal or legitimate injury, low hanging fruit like a virus, will suffice.

It's been proven Origin won't die if the Bues are not successful. In fact it's only gotten bigger. It will though if QLD are ever noncompetitive. They are the people's team.

Kick off is scheduled for 8:00 pm. Obviously it will not start then. Anyone want to take the over under on when it will get underway? I'm going with 8:35 pm.

On a similar note, any takers on how long half time will go for? Last year one went for 22 minutes...They'll probably crack 25 minutes this year i reckon.

Yeah I agree. It's like a big overhyped pantomime these days. I think a time will come in the future where they'll need to reinvent the concept. One game a year as a stand alone fixture could work.

On ABC Grandstand on the weekend they were talking about the Steve Mortimer story in '85 where he told the bus driver to stop on Caxton street so his players could take in the hostile QLD crowd

To put it in context . He said they stopped the bus on Caxton St ,thought about getting off when the crowd went nuts and Turvey jumped back on the bus and said GO GO !
Not as fearless as they thought they were ! .

It is flu season around this time so when you have large numbers of disparate people in close proximity and a large amount of physical contact it's no surprise bugs flare up...they do all travel a lot too before even coming into contact with each other. NSW has had its share of bugs and I heard an excuse about that very thing quite recently....

Imo, Queensland just bring out that flu bug story each year just so they can pump up the old story of how they are fighting all the odds.

Yeah I agree. It's like a big overhyped pantomime these days. I think a time will come in the future where they'll need to reinvent the concept. One game a year as a stand alone fixture could work.

They are never doing that. They make bucketloads of dosh with the tv ratings over the 3 games. And despite people whinging that the interest isn't what it used to be that is just completely false. The ratings continue to go up every year.

They are never doing that. They make bucketloads of dosh with the tv ratings over the 3 games. And despite people whinging that the interest isn't what it used to be that is just completely false. The ratings continue to go up every year.

Good point JayPee.

Unfortunately when money talks, the integrity of the competition and legitimate sporting contests walk...

Interesting scenario for ya'll, would you prefer Queensland to win Game 1, but Milford plays atrocious or NSW to win Game 1, but for Milford is the best player on the field.

Think I'd prefer the pro-Milf one..

Interesting scenario for ya'll, would you prefer Queensland to win Game 1, but Milford plays atrocious or NSW to win Game 1, but for Milford is the best player on the field.

Interesting question. Even though it's harder for creative players to find their feet in Origin I can't see Milford having an out and out shocker.

Even if Milf plays the greatest origin of all time and we win, he'll still be overlooked for a fit JT and morgan come origin 2.

Even if Milf plays the greatest origin of all time and we win, he'll still be overlooked for a fit JT and morgan come origin 2.

Milford is really auditioning for next years series when there is no JT to contend with ... if he has a blinder on Wednesday he will be the front runner to replace JT once he has retired from rep footy

Milford is really auditioning for next years series when there is no JT to contend with ... if he has a blinder on Wednesday he will be the front runner to replace JT once he has retired from rep footy

Yeah definitely, and its also beneficial that he'll get a run next to Cronk. There's a chance Cronk wont be there next year as well so debuting with a senior partner as opposed to with another rookie half is great.

This sounds too similar to the 2015 GF for my liking. Milford to have a shocker, thank you.

I would rather Milf has a blinder.

Honestly, I couldn't care if QLD lose anymore.. We've won 10 of the last 11, I can handle losing a few.

But what I do care about is how Milford performs, because it not only impacts his Origin chances, it impacts us as well. If he has a shocker and loses confidence, we'll have to put up with mid-2016 Milf. If he has a blinder, his confidence will sky rocket, and that would only benefit us.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.