PRE-GAME Game II 2019

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Im not sure if Wighton is playing left or right but it shouldn't matter. He will have Ponga or Munster to tease him out of the line which he does regularly at 5/8 for the raiders.
Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong and we get a dry track.
I think it will be a high scoring game and I hope we get a fair shake from the refs.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Possibly I've been around a bit longer than you. There have been many examples of biased decisions in origin and Qld are more often than not on the wrong side of them IMO.
It would be good to see stats on penalty counts in origin particularly game 2 counts.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Possibly I've been around a bit longer than you. There have been many examples of biased decisions in origin and Qld are more often than not on the wrong side of them IMO.
It would be good to see stats on penalty counts in origin particularly game 2 counts.
You're in your 50's so you have about 20 years on me.

Nevertheless, I believe the better team generally wins or overcomes the adversity of bad refereeing. See 2006 as an example.

I feel as if throwing out the refs are gonna screw us narrative is some defense-mechanism shit. If you're so sure (not aimed at you in particular) its going to happen I bet you're not going to bother watching? There would be no logical point, right?

Last edited:

vertigo

NRL Captain
Yep, mentioning the referees before a ball is kicked is typical LeagueUnlimited rubbish.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep

Nevertheless, I believe the better team generally wins or overcomes the adversity of bad refereeing. See 2006 as an example.

I feel as if throwing out the refs are gonna screw us narrative is some defense-mechanism shit. If you're so sure (not aimed at you in particular) its going to happen I bet you're not going to bother watching? There would be no logical point, right?
That's the true Qld take on the raw deal we get from NSWanker refs honed over many years of getting bent over at crucial moments .
Besides that I'll be into the bundy as my normal warm up and anything slightly dodgy will be "the fuckin refs robbing us again". 😀

Tom

State of Origin Rep

Of course we fucking watch it. It's like watching a train crash, you don't look away. Has happened enough times to both teams to not be an anomaly.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Just watched freddy and he looks under enormous pressure.
He really sounds like he's trying ti convince himself and sounds confused.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Just watched freddy and he looks under enormous pressure.
He really sounds like he's trying ti convince himself and sounds confused.
Watch Gus explain everything with perfect clarity and understanding like he's the coach on 100% Footy.

Then watch the change in Freddy afterwards.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
I've had a few days to think about it, and the more I think about it the better the NSW team actually looks. Could it be a stronger side? Yes, but that doesn't make this team a bad one.

Turbo had to be included - he adds massive strike to the side. Ferguson will add some oompf into their kick return.
The default pick of Maloney instead of Pearce works massively in their favour, while he's a defensive liability - he's a calm head and has been there before - if he plays in game 1 I think they go on with the win.
Their bench is excellent and i'd say a fair bit better than ours. Add in Teddy, JAC and Cook and they are dangerous from anywhere on the field.

Question marks on their forward pack and that is probably where we will win the game if we do.

(I think they could have gone with a better prop rotation and bring Turbo in on the wing instead of Cotric would have been a stronger team selection for them, but only marginally)

Last edited:

AndyB

QCup Player
I've had a few days to think about it, and the more I think about it the better the NSW team actually looks. Could it be a stronger side? Yes, but that doesn't make this team a bad one.

Turbo had to be included - he adds massive strike to the side. Ferguson will add some oompf into their kick return.
The default pick of Maloney instead of Pearce works massively in their favour, while he's a defensive liability - he's a calm head and has been there before - if he plays in game 1 I think they go on with the win.
Their bench is excellent and i'd say a fair bit better than ours. Add in Teddy, JAC and Cook and they are dangerous from anywhere on the field.

Question marks on their forward pack and that is probably where we will win the game if we do.

(I think they could have gone with a better prop rotation and bring Turbo in on the wing instead of Cotric would have been a stronger team selection for them, but only marginally)
I agree, I've been saying to people this match is going to be a tight one.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Napa in doubt with a small fracture in his wrist. That'll be a pretty big loss if he's out, a forward rotation including Wallace, Welch & Glasby really leaves a lot to be desired. Zero impact.

Edit:

Last edited:

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
Napa in doubt with a small fracture in his wrist. That'll be a pretty big loss if he's out, a forward rotation including Wallace, Welch & Glasby really leaves a lot to be desired. Zero impact.

Edit:
Napa reckons he is playing, and i am glad as we will need his mongrel early on to keep the Bloos from getting a foothold early.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter