# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
New South Wales vs. Queensland
ANZ Stadium
11th of November 2020 7:10pm (Queensland Time)

New South Wales
Queensland
1. James TEDESCO (c)
2. Daniel TUPOU
3. Clinton GUTHERSON
4. Jack WIGHTON
5. Josh ADDO-CARR
6. Cody WALKER
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Daniel SAIFITI
9. Damien COOK
10. Payne HAAS
11. Angus CRICHTON
12. Tyson FRIZELL
13. Jake TRBOJEVIC

14. Dale FINUCANE
15. Junior PAULO
16. Nathan BROWN
17. Isaah YEO

18. Luke KEARY
19. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
20. Cameron McINNES
21. Stephen CRICHTON​
1. Valentine HOLMES
2. Xavier COATES
3. Kurt CAPEWELL
4. Dane GAGAI
5. Phillip SAMI
6. Cameron MUNSTER
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS (c)
8. Dunamis LUI
9. Jake FRIEND
10. Josh PAPALII
11. Felise KAUFUSI
12. Jaydn SU'A
13. Tino FA'ASUAMALEAUI

14. Ben HUNT
15. Lindsay COLLINS
16. Jai ARROW
17. Moeaki FOTUAIKA

18. Brenko LEE
19. Corey ALLAN
20. Josh KERR
21. Edrick LEE​
Coach: Brad FITTLER​
Coach: Wayne BENNETT​

You dudes hatin on dunny haven't been watching Canberra that closely this year. Dude had his best season by miles. Will not let us down at all.
So what if he's had his best season. If Lachlan Maranta had his best season, should he be selected? He's just not that good.

So what if he's had his best season. If Lachlan Maranta had his best season, should he be selected? He's just not that good.
If Lachlan Maranta was one of the few fit wingers we had, yes I would.

It's not like we've got a full contingent and gone yep Dunamis, you're in our full strength 17.

Anyone know what Ryan Matterson did to upset Freddy?

On paper that NSW side is just light years ahead in terms of quality. At this point the QLD side is basically whoever is fit and eligible. It indicates to me that not only is NSW getting it wrong in terms of selection but they're also butchering it in terms of tactics.

If NSW lose this series it has to go down as the most embarrassing series loss of all time and Fittler's days as a coach are done.

Last edited:
The Walker selection is an admission from the selectors that they got it wrong in the first game. They wanted Walker in the team, but just couldn't bring themselves to pick him after all Keary had achieved in the past couple of years. Had the series taken place mid-season, it would have been the right choice, but after the Roosters last three efforts it was clear that Walker was the better candidate. It will be interesting to see how Walker plays. He's shown he can come on and look likely when he doesn't have the pressure of building a game, but last year he really struggled to make an impact to the point where Fittler spectacularly dragged him off the field mid-way through the game. With this squad and the style they play, I honestly wonder if they'd be better off picking Wighton there and picking Crichton in the centres.

This is the last throw of the dice for Payne Haas. He's one of those players where you look at his numbers in Origin and they're not bad, but then you watch the game and you see how little influence he actually has. He may have been picked ahead of his time and may need a couple of series away just to get himself right ala Matt Scott. Still, I like the decision from Fittler. He clearly wasn't making much of an impact coming off the bench and the starting role should suit him better.

The bench should be an automatic improvement for the Blues considering they lost Murray very early on, but the balance seems out of whack. Finucane and Brown together seem like an odd combination, I would have thought if any forward was to come in it would be RCG who typically played well coming off the bench.

The Maroons it's a piece of good news and bad news. Without a doubt, AJ Brimson is a loss for the Maroons and while Bennett has made the right choice with Holmes, it's a gamble. Val had a very disappointing season at the Cowboys and while there were some positive signs, there was never a strong run of form. Bennett will be hoping we see 2018 Val, but it's such a shame they lost Brimson.

Welch is also a loss for the Maroons. He is just so strong through the middle doing the little things and making it count. Lui is a curious selection, but Bennett is obviously going in with the Raiders mentality and hoping that Lui can continue his strong form from the end of the season into this game.

The Hess experiment is over. It's a shame for the Maroons that he couldn't take his opportunity because they really needed somebody of his ilk on that edge. Su'A was the better choice and it's best that they just moved on instead of sticking to a winning team. Fotuaika off the bench is the right call and I think he could prove to be the best coup of the entire series. Which would be amazing considering the Blues had a two-time premiership winning five eighth as his competition.

Going into Game 1 I was confident the Blues would win, but still gave Queensland more hope than a lot of others were willing to give. I give Queensland less hope here but after Game 1, I could see the Blues potentially beating themselves again. If the Maroons can keep the game tight and put the Blues under pressure than they can win this game.

If not, we're off to Suncorp in the one game Queensland stood the most chance of winning before the series started.

This side looks stronger than game 1 for Qld. Lui and Papalii, bring in the Raiders front row!

I’m surprised nsw dropped keary and haven’t even looked at their centre selections. Hope we expose them out wide again.

Welch injured?

Passed the HIA but they opted to rest him.

I'm not hating the Lui selection, very solid performer for the Raiders. Would've thought Collins would've been selected to start but I guess his impact off the bench is more important.

The usual musical chairs in the halves for the Blues, LOL.

Last edited:
The Walker selection is an admission from the selectors that they got it wrong in the first game. They wanted Walker in the team, but just couldn't bring themselves to pick him after all Keary had achieved in the past couple of years. Had the series taken place mid-season, it would have been the right choice, but after the Roosters last three efforts it was clear that Walker was the better candidate. It will be interesting to see how Walker plays. He's shown he can come on and look likely when he doesn't have the pressure of building a game, but last year he really struggled to make an impact to the point where Fittler spectacularly dragged him off the field mid-way through the game. With this squad and the style they play, I honestly wonder if they'd be better off picking Wighton there and picking Crichton in the centres.

This is the last throw of the dice for Payne Haas. He's one of those players where you look at his numbers in Origin and they're not bad, but then you watch the game and you see how little influence he actually has. He may have been picked ahead of his time and may need a couple of series away just to get himself right ala Matt Scott. Still, I like the decision from Fittler. He clearly wasn't making much of an impact coming off the bench and the starting role should suit him better.

The bench should be an automatic improvement for the Blues considering they lost Murray very early on, but the balance seems out of whack. Finucane and Brown together seem like an odd combination, I would have thought if any forward was to come in it would be RCG who typically played well coming off the bench.

The Maroons it's a piece of good news and bad news. Without a doubt, AJ Brimson is a loss for the Maroons and while Bennett has made the right choice with Holmes, it's a gamble. Val had a very disappointing season at the Cowboys and while there were some positive signs, there was never a strong run of form. Bennett will be hoping we see 2018 Val, but it's such a shame they lost Brimson.

Welch is also a loss for the Maroons. He is just so strong through the middle doing the little things and making it count. Lui is a curious selection, but Bennett is obviously going in with the Raiders mentality and hoping that Lui can continue his strong form from the end of the season into this game.

The Hess experiment is over. It's a shame for the Maroons that he couldn't take his opportunity because they really needed somebody of his ilk on that edge. Su'A was the better choice and it's best that they just moved on instead of sticking to a winning team. Fotuaika off the bench is the right call and I think he could prove to be the best coup of the entire series. Which would be amazing considering the Blues had a two-time premiership winning five eighth as his competition.

Going into Game 1 I was confident the Blues would win, but still gave Queensland more hope than a lot of others were willing to give. I give Queensland less hope here but after Game 1, I could see the Blues potentially beating themselves again. If the Maroons can keep the game tight and put the Blues under pressure than they can win this game.

If not, we're off to Suncorp in the one game Queensland stood the most chance of winning before the series started.
I do worry about the impact switching Haas and Paulo will have.

As you say, Haas will eat up the work as a starter, which allows Fittler the opportunity to use Paulo as an impact forward punching holes, drawing defenders and offloading, which should have Bennett worried.

Still, after 25mins of Game 1, down 10-nil after we’d had all the ball and field position, I thought it was going to be a long night. But in the true QLD way, they proved me wrong and turned it all around.

So Bennett and Meninga just have to get them believing there is no reason we can’t do so again because, the reality is, no matter what selections are made this season; on paper at least, we are always going to look inferior in most, if not all, positions as well as a team collectively.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • big k
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.