Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think Tino has a heap of improvement in him tbh. He isnt really a front rower so its hard to compare him to Haas, he's a back rower imo. Its where he always looked the most destructive whenever i saw him coming through. Like you said, i think Payne needs to get some physicality into his game. As good as he is, he is pretty soft for a bloke his size, but hopefully it will come as he matures. I honestly think he will match Payne in terms of his career. If they play him back row at the Titans, they potentially have the best two back rowers in the game.

I just wont get behind Haas in that blue shirt though. I'll be happy if we bash the shit out of the bloke in game 3. Filthy cockroach 😂
I actually noticed fittler had haas running wider in his first stint. It created a bit of momentum for cook to go off but he definetly didn't look natural out there. Could be worth testing out this season though. Still a middle forward, just throw in the odd edge run to tire the playmakers and with a quick play the ball get a big spread out to the other edge of the field...

I actually noticed fittler had haas running wider in his first stint. It created a bit of momentum for cook to go off but he definetly didn't look natural out there. Could be worth testing out this season though. Still a middle forward, just throw in the odd edge run to tire the playmakers and with a quick play the ball get a big spread out to the other edge of the field...

You reckon there is something in that for Kevvie?

Play 1 - Haas returns it from the back
Play 2 - Haas runs it up the guts
Play 3 - Haas runs it up the guts
Play 4 - Haas runs it at the edges
Play 5 - Haas runs it at the edges
Set completed

Set completed

6 AgaIn ...

Set completed
Ah the old Cronulla Sharks ‘Paul Gallen’ tactic.

I still actually think we are in with a very good chance. NSW are getting so full of themselves again, we will have a couple of players back and we will have a point to prove.

Also, as much as i like Haas in a Broncos shirt, when he dresses in blue he's a bit of a **** and needs to be smashed by our forwards. All this nonsense about Tino riding on his coattails is a bit delusional. Tino has just been part of a premiership winning side. Payne has just been part of a wooden spoon winning side. I dont think Tino needs to ride on anyone's coattails.

He didn't say Tino was riding his coat-tails he asked why Tino's manager Mammino was talking about Tino putting him on his arse in 2017. It was the headline with LET'S KICK SOME HAAS on Wednesday.

Haas responded on Wednesday after the game.

"I don't know where that came from, whether it is his agent trying to ride my coat-tail or whatever.
"It is what it is. They can talk all they want."

It was strange the Courier got Mammino to comment on a game three years ago and the term put him on his arse is debatable.

He didn't say Tino was riding his coat-tails he asked why Tino's manager Mammino was talking about Tino putting him on his arse in 2017. It was the headline with LET'S KICK SOME HAAS on Wednesday.

Haas responded on Wednesday after the game.

"I don't know where that came from, whether it is his agent trying to ride my coat-tail or whatever.
"It is what it is. They can talk all they want."

It was strange the Courier got Mammino to comment on a game three years ago and the term put him on his arse is debatable.

Payne should have just kept his mouth shut really.

Payne should have just kept his mouth shut really.

Once the headline had been printed, the incident then happened during the game and Bennett chipped the media for the headline- Haas was always going to be asked what he thought of Tino and the 'fight.'

Nathan Cleary is free to play in next week's State of Origin decider, cleared by the NRL's Match Review Committee for his shoulder charge on Coates.

Nathan Cleary is free to play in next week's State of Origin decider, cleared by the NRL's Match Review Committee for his shoulder charge on Coates.

Interesting there wasn't a peep about Crichton's very clear crusher on Coates either. Welcome to origin kid, grubbiness is allowed, so you have to toughen up.

Interesting there wasn't a peep about Crichton's very clear crusher on Coates either. Welcome to origin kid, grubbiness is allowed, so you have to toughen up.

Yeah.....well I'm not really sure if its all just been kept quiet or is it that nobody gives a fark or is interested in state or origin anymore.

I think Tino has a heap of improvement in him tbh. He isnt really a front rower so its hard to compare him to Haas, he's a back rower imo. Its where he always looked the most destructive whenever i saw him coming through. Like you said, i think Payne needs to get some physicality into his game. As good as he is, he is pretty soft for a bloke his size, but hopefully it will come as he matures. I honestly think he will match Payne in terms of his career. If they play him back row at the Titans, they potentially have the best two back rowers in the game.

I just wont get behind Haas in that blue shirt though. I'll be happy if we bash the shit out of the bloke in game 3. Filthy cockroach 😂
In my head Payne is like the kid on the blindside Michael Oehr - he needs the coach to tell him to protect his team as though he's protecting his family.

If this brings out a bit of mongrel in Payne Hass then this is perfect pre season training for the Broncos . Just as long as he and the TPJ can use their aggressiveness in their play and keep it under control , will be good muscle memory up the middle , for next season. !

If this brings out a bit of mongrel in Payne Hass then this is perfect pre season training for the Broncos . Just as long as he and the TPJ can use their aggressiveness in their play and keep it under control , will be good muscle memory up the middle , for next season. !

Stop playing haas for 80 minutes would be a good first step

Ahhhhh State of Origin 2020 - Game 2 - a shining beacon highlighting everything that is wrong with the game now.

Dummy half run after dummy half run, followed by an avalanche of set restarts until the defensive team cracks.

Lets do away with playing the ball with the foot, or facing the goal line or getting to our feet before playing the ball, those things aren't important, we teach those skills to 6 year olds but top level nope.................... the NRL are so obsessed with this illusion that a fast game is a good game.

Its friggin touch football! The next rule change will be you can't get tackled as the dummy half followed by ditching of scrums.

I HATE how the game is now and what it has become.......................I stopped watching after 20 minutes........something I've never done during an origin game before.
Basically how I feel about the game, I can’t stand what it’s become.

My point all along on this subject has been the rules were always there. The refs refusing to rule on them has led to changes. Even the wrestle , I believe, was bought in because of the inability of the refs to enforce already existing rules.
Get to your feet, play the ball with your foot, dont move off the mark, markers stand square and not crowd the ruck.
All these things lead to an acceptable play the ball speed.
Yep bang on.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.