Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right, but I'm not sure Wallace will be putting any fear into Fafita.

Fatfita is too stoopid to feel fear. Unfortunately for us this works in his favour

No one can run without legs. Fifita will faceplant just fine with first tackler going around lower legs. Can't fend that low and step will be less effective. Even an ankle tap will do in a crunch. Might sacrifice a few quick play the balls but as said if whistle is away then don't have to be straight at marker or get back the full ten. Either that or if he is playing that well again sacrifice a lesser forward to ensure Fifita gets HIAed. Betting a dumb meathead like him fails to pass even if not concussed.

You're probably right, but I'm not sure Wallace will be putting any fear into Fafita.
No one we have will scare Fifita. He's 15 kgs heavier then our biggest blokes. He'll be the most dominant prop we've seen for a while for a few years to come.

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:
try first 40 minutes.

there was only 1 error in the first half

Then why were we spent and NSW looked so lively? Don't tell me age. It was game management.

Fifita and Klemmer both can be stopped by having the first tackler go low everytime, it doesn't matter that they get a fast ptb as the tradeoff is the fact that they aren't a further 7-10 metres upfield which both consistently get post contact.

If we start with Napa and Wallace or Napa and Sims and have Gillette( lock ?),Papali and McGuire( prefer Kafusi here )for the first 20 odd minutes we will have a great balance of aggression and experience. None of them are truly rookies, maybe to Origin but it's still just footy so no problem I'd think. To keep the roll on we should use Kafusi who has a great motor, Gallen like. 110ks and can play 80 but we wouldn't need 80 from him, just a vigorous 40-50 mins.

We have the players to match them, we just need it better balanced...I want a few debutants Wallace, Kafusi and Sims. Youth, vigour and aggression. In that order !

Any comments or opinions from Kev Walters yet ?

Any comments or opinions from Kev Walters yet ?

On NRL 360, he sort of hinted that he would like some of the game 1 boys to stand up in the next few weeks, and if they don't, he'll look elsewhere.

On NRL 360, he sort of hinted that he would like some of the game 1 boys to stand up in the next few weeks, and if they don't, he'll look elsewhere.
Okay...that's something I suppose but I knew he'd keep his cards close to his chest. I'm pleased to see he likes what Kafusi brings and he did himself no harm yesterday too. If we inject Sims, Kafusi and Wallace I think we'll be a real shot.

Okay...that's something I suppose but I knew he'd keep his cards close to his chest. I'm pleased to see he likes what Kafusi brings and he did himself no harm yesterday too. If we inject Sims, Kafusi and Wallace I think we'll be a real shot.

Dude, Kafusi is no chance.

Sims and Wallace a chance.

Dude, Kafusi is no chance.

Sims and Wallace a chance.
Fair enough but it's what I'D LIKE. Walters does rate him though although you are most likely right. You'd have to think Walters will resist the urge to make a lot of changes but I feel as though they are necessary. Three new forwards, no Thaiday, Myles and Guerra....and that's not where I'd stop !

It's just hilarious how some people are thinking that NSW players really said that yet you're going off something some dud journo like Rothfield wrote. I watched the post game conference and interviews with the Blues players in the sheds after the game and not once did any of them say that they've won the series or say anything like the paper is saying. They all said it was a great effort and we will celebrate the win but there is still a lot of work to be done and they were all expecting Queensland to come back much better in Sydney, Daley even said QLD were on an off night and there is nothing to get to excited about yet. And by the way, the paper just talks to Benny Elias because they know they are going to get something stupid from him and will get attention for it. Same reason why the CM talks to Chris Close, DT with Raudonikis

Anybody that has played competitive sport knows that once you wallop a side the next time you psychologically think it will come just as easy. The media doesn't diminish that trait does it. I have numerous examples the last 5 years that support this from this same arena . Haven't been brainwashed by fucking anyone. Every NSW supporter and media type from every outlet known to man has said it is good as done. What Im pointing out is I have heard the same thing the last 5 years when they win a game. If you dont think it gets in their heads and relaxes them a bit than you are delusional. It's the natural reaction. It is why you very rarely get sweeps in professional sport with teams that are reasonably close.

Any takers on Gavin Cooper?

Thought he was a bit unlucky not to keep his spot in Game 1.

Did well in Game 3 last year down there too.

Just watched the Broncos Roosters match . Sam Thaiday had another game where he had very little impact coming off the bench. Might be time to really question the notion that he should be an an automatic selection. And I know I will be criticized for saying it , but dam it , he is carrying too much weight,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.