Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the possibility of Morgan going to the centres been discussed?
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
He's not exactly in the best form but can be dynamite with Thurston. Could be one of the safer options.

Might be a blessing in disguise . Smith has lost a step the last cpl of seasons . Jake Friend or Macca in ?

Blessing in disguise?

.......McCullough?

giphy.gif

Might be a blessing in disguise . Smith has lost a step the last cpl of seasons . Jake Friend or Macca in ?

Did Macca play on the weekend. Only noticed friend.

Must have picked it up just recently because Addo-Carr said today he is fit and ready to go against Sharks.

In origin 1 apparently. Could be BS but Kent on 360 seemed to think there was something in it

Tackling low doesn't work these days. The players are much bigger and it is not rewarded because of the 10m and referees wanting quick play the balls. If they allowed players to hold the legs for longer it would be right but then you would have one bloke laying on the ground making holes in the defensive line and room around the marker.

Well what would you suggest?

When you look at the Origin 1 replay, you will see tackling high doesn't work either - well not against certain players anyway

There needs to be a strategy to deal with it

It's OK to say low tackles won't work, but what will?

Thanks Del,

I needed a good laugh :)

^^
Your welcome . If he is injured who`s your pick ?

Well what would you suggest?

When you look at the Origin 1 replay, you will see tackling high doesn't work either - well not against certain players anyway

There needs to be a strategy to deal with it

It's OK to say low tackles won't work, but what will?

3rd man in earlier and put the ball runner on the ground . Wrestle more aggressively put them on their back not elbows and knees . Quicker more aggressive line speed to put more pressure on before the big boppers get wound up .

3rd man in earlier and put the ball runner on the ground . Wrestle more aggressively put them on their back not elbows and knees . Quicker more aggressive line speed to put more pressure on before the big boppers get wound up .
No, how about a low tackle and a player not involved goes to marker ? If you're using three defenders anyway why not a low hard shoulder into the hips ,upper leg thigh area, a high shot if neccessary and the other guy at marker ? I agree with with better line speed but it's just not something that is sustainable...

How many times do you see a team displaying tremendous line speed when the offense is on a second or third tackle 3 metres out from their own line ? The defence is so fast getting in their faces so why isn't like that on every set ...it's because it's just not sustainable.

I wish Lolo had opted to represent Queensland over NZ.

I'm warming a lot to Kaufusi being in, Sims just didn't show he wanted it last week.

I'm warming a lot to Kaufusi being in, Sims just didn't show he wanted it last week.
Hopefully Kevvie is too...I've watched him for a while and while he's not a superstar he is good enough for one of the best teams and most demanding coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.