Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't even target the line anymore. He targets the markers even though they are always onside.

This.
Every time I see it. And Sammys not the only one who does it.
I just look at it and think
Why are you running straight back into the area where there is the highest concentration of defenders who are all standing there waiting for you??
Yeh I know the theory behind it too but I also think it's just a wasted play.
Then pass it to Moose on the fourth so he can do his version of the same thing. Run straight into the nearest defender and thou shalt not attempt to offload.....

Sam doesn`t make yardage . He`s been about quick play the balls for years . Next guy , next tackle is the metre eater .

Blessing in disguise?

.......McCullough?

giphy.gif

@Mr Fourex
Ok smarty . What`s your suggestion if Cam Smith is injured ?

I`ve seen him in losing sides against the Kiwis a few times lately . he`s lost a step .

Yep I think Sammy should get the shoulder tap. Hes got other things on his mind these days like his cooking spot on Footy Show.

Thanx for your service Sam but I hope 2017 is your last for Queensland.

All the more reason to start blooding more newbies

Hodges wants sammy and a few others dropped from origin. Said sammy jokes around too much and isn't aggressive anymore. Man I miss hodges. Such a real talker

Hodges wants sammy and a few others dropped from origin. Said sammy jokes around too much and isn't aggressive anymore. Man I miss hodges. Such a real talker

IMO I don't think he wants Sammy dropped, I think he believes Sam isn't putting in what he should, both at training and on the field, and needs to go out there and show that he's not a spent force and that Queensland's "old men" can still lead from the front.

IMO I don't think he wants Sammy dropped, I think he believes Sam isn't putting in what he should, both at training and on the field, and needs to go out there and show that he's not a spent force and that Queensland's "old men" can still lead from the front.

That's what they were supposed to do in Game 1.

Hodges also said that he thinks Guerra should be dropped so we can bring in "young blood" and proceeded to name 31 year old Gavin Cooper in his team.

I love Hodgo, but he's off the mark on that one. Cooper shouldn't be anywhere near consideration.

Sam doesn`t make yardage . He`s been about quick play the balls for years . Next guy , next tackle is the metre eater .
just sounds like a wasted tackle to me, especially when sam doesn't even trouble the defenders and the defensive line hardly moves up as sam just flops to the ground.

just sounds like a wasted tackle to me, especially when sam doesn't even trouble the defenders and the defensive line hardly moves up as sam just flops to the ground.

There are times I`d like to see him poke his head through the line . Only tries that from 5-10 metres out .

When he gets it right, it's quite effective. It further saps those defenders of energy, he gets to the ground quick and he gets a seriously fast play-the-ball while the defence retreats and the markers are out of play. When he gets it wrong though, which is becoming increasingly the case, the defenders just flop on him, the ref calls "surrender", and yeah, we waste a tackle and the defence has an age to set.

Hodges also said that he thinks Guerra should be dropped so we can bring in "young blood" and proceeded to name 31 year old Gavin Cooper in his team.

I love Hodgo, but he's off the mark on that one. Cooper shouldn't be anywhere near consideration.

To be fair though, that is pretty bit-picky. Cooper was one of several names mentioned and in context of his combo with JT.

To be fair though, that is pretty bit-picky. Cooper was one of several names mentioned and in context of his combo with JT.

I didn't listen or read the full comment, just the changes he would make.

Drop Thaiday, Myles, Lillyman, O'Neill & Guerra
Bring in Cooper, Wallace, Hess, Slater & Sims

I don't disagree with any of those changes apart from Cooper, there's just no point in bringing him in, he's not going to start on the left edge, Papalii is, so his combination with Thurston is pretty irrelevant in the context of an Origin. As much as I don't rate their contributions, it'd make more sense to just stick with Thaiday or Guerra on the bench for Game 2 / 3 for their experience at Origin level.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Hess

That team could win Game 2.

I didn't listen or read the full comment, just the changes he would make.

Drop Thaiday, Myles, Lillyman, O'Neill & Guerra
Bring in Cooper, Wallace, Hess, Slater & Sims

I don't disagree with any of those changes apart from Cooper, there's just no point in bringing him in, he's not going to start on the left edge, Papalii is, so his combination with Thurston is pretty irrelevant in the context of an Origin. As much as I don't rate their contributions, it'd make more sense to just stick with Thaiday or Guerra on the bench for Game 2 / 3 for their experience at Origin level.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Hess

That team could win Game 2.

What has sims done to earn a spot?

Play for the Broncos, I guess. He does need to show a lot more before he should start to be in contention, but QLD selectors love picking Broncos players. Possibly because they only watch the CH9 games.

Nothing, he's been average at best, but he would add some aggression off the bench, which we're severely lacking.

If we wanted to play it safe we could just pick Bolton, but that seems counter-intuitive, why not just stick with Lillyman if that's the case.

^^
Your welcome . If he is injured who`s your pick ?

I'm not laughing at your pick to replace an injured Smith

I'm laughing at your notion that Friend or Macca is an improvement over Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.