Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some talk of Oates being moved to an impact role off the bench to allow Boyd to play his more natural Origin role of left wing and to create room for Holmes on the right wing.

I don't hate the idea, and we can always just move Oates back to the wing next year after Slater retires.

My only concern would be the size of our bench, if this were to happen we would potentially have 3 back rowers on the bench, albeit big ones.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Oates
16. Hess
17. Thaiday

Another rumour is bringing in Munster to left centre and moving Chambers to his preferred position of right centre.

Nsw are primed for a dynasty of their own. It's inevitable. I still can't believe we didn't blood more youngsters for game 3 last year when the series was already wrapped up.

they were all banned

Another rumour is bringing in Munster to left centre and moving Chambers to his preferred position of right centre.
I really like this, Munster is class and has great combinations with Slater, Cronk and Smith. But what about Gagai? We seem to have great depth in outside backs but not upfront.
Boyd
Slater
Holmes
Munster
Gagai
Chambers
Oates

1- Slater
2 - Boyd
3- Chambers
4 - Munster
5- Holmes

Gagai has been good but dont like him at centre and just think Holmes needs to be there.

I really like this, Munster is class and has great combinations with Slater, Cronk and Smith. But what about Gagai? We seem to have great depth in outside backs but not upfront.
Boyd
Slater
Holmes
Munster
Gagai
Chambers
Oates

1- Slater
2 - Boyd
3- Chambers
4 - Munster
5- Holmes

Gagai has been good but dont like him at centre and just think Holmes needs to be there.

Gagai was our best player in origin 1 ... no way he should (or will) get dropped.

in fact in that backline you listed above, you dropped arguably our two best players from the first origin

If you want Holmes in the side, then it should be in place of Slater. it's time to move on. not only has he not played at origin level in two years, but he has barely played NRL (or any footy for that matter) in two years. at 32 it would be difficult for him to be able to adjust to the pace and intensity of Origin footy with so litte games under his belt.

besides he would be unlikely to play in 2018 anyway, so we should be blooding our new crop now

Slater has the fumbles tonight..

Munster has to be in there somewhere doesn't he ?

He's made a mistake 1 out of 3 times he comes near the ball

He's in everything though, massive effort. On the whole it's a pretty good performance. Defence is fantastic.

Slater does seem to play at a much faster speed than Boyd.

He's in everything though, massive effort. On the whole it's a pretty good performance. Defence is fantastic.

Sometimes less is more.

No point being everywhere if you're fucking up everywhere. He wasn't that poor, but he wasn't that great either. All that anyone will point to is the try assist (albeit super clutch) to say he's gotsta be in the team and no one will talk about his numerous errors and missed tackles because 'he's the greatest fullback of all time'

Sometimes less is more.

No point being everywhere if you're fucking up everywhere. He wasn't that poor, but he wasn't that great either. All that anyone will point to is the try assist (albeit super clutch) to say he's gotsta be in the team and no one will talk about his numerous errors and missed tackles because 'he's the greatest fullback of all time'

Little bit harsh I think. Defensively he was excellent - the ground he covers in a game is so impressive, and he backs up on everything. He was dangerous and outplayed Valentine imo.

Little bit harsh I think. Defensively he was excellent - the ground he covers in a game is so impressive, and he backs up on everything. He was dangerous and outplayed Valentine imo.

Probably harsh but I'm just a bit over everyone hugging his nuts. He's playing well but **** me dead the carry on that's been going on is definitely over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • The True King
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.