Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayPee

QCup Player
Really?

The scoreboard would suggest otherwise.
Most of the time we were up our own end with the ball because our forwards didn't have the leg speed to make a heap of metres. I can name about 6 or 7 good opportunities we had and they saved about 3 tries within inches. Even that plodder O'Neill looked dangerous when he had the ball against Hayne. I'm more worried about how we handle their forwards so we have enough gas to make our own metres. If we add a bit of leg speed in our forwards with Hess Wallace etc with our superior outside backs metre wise I am more than convinced we can score enough points with Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith orchestrating

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
For those who missed it, Jarrod Wallace put on a shoulder charge on Ayshford off the ball today, likely a facing a Grade 1 shoulder charge at minimum, if found guilty will miss 2 weeks & Origin II.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
For those who missed it, Jarrod Wallace put on a shoulder charge on Ayshford off the ball today, likely a facing a Grade 1 shoulder charge at minimum, if found guilty will miss 2 weeks & Origin II.
Well that sucks. Seems he hasn't purged that One Stupid Play from his game yet.

Alec

International Rep
Do players even get suspended for shoulder charges anymore? Oh wait, he's a QLDer.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The MRC and the judiciary have been letting that go all year.

Once he realized the ball was coming back in, he stopped and Ayshford ended up colliding with him. He was bracing for the impact and they have been letting that go all year.

But we'll find out in 24 hours whether the MRC decide to charge him. If they do, he would have a pretty good case to make at the judiciary and should fight it.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
The MRC and the judiciary have been letting that go all year.

Once he realized the ball was coming back in, he stopped and Ayshford ended up colliding with him. He was bracing for the impact and they have been letting that go all year.

But we'll find out in 24 hours whether the MRC decide to charge him. If they do, he would have a pretty good case to make at the judiciary and should fight it.

theshed

NRL Captain
No way goldcoast will fight it.

If he wins they lose him for a game, if he loses they potentially lose him longer.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
He has the media's support which is usually half the battle.
Does he? Every journo I saw commenting on it yesterday said he was in big trouble.

Or by media do you just mean the narrative of robbing a young player of his Origin debut.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I think the most likely scenario is that Walters does the Titans a favour and just doesn't name him so they can take the early guilty plea.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Does he? Every journo I saw commenting on it yesterday said he was in big trouble.

Or by media do you just mean the narrative of robbing a young player of his Origin debut.
Channel 9 just made his case for him when they broke the news.

I'm not surprised he was charged, but it would be rubbish if he was suspended.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Oh I'm watching Fox, I assume they just said he was bracing for impact or whatever?

I watched it on replay a few times, I don't think that's gonna cut it, he was using forward momentum and tucked his shoulder well before Ayshford got to him, looked like a textbook shoulder charge to me, but what do I know.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Chris Garry says QLD will probably name him on an extended bench and that the Titans should fight the charge.

Alec

International Rep
If this was a NSW player, they'd just ignore it, or give them a medal or something.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The shoulder charge from James was worse than what Wallace did.

What Wallace did doesn't meet all of the criteria for a shoulder charge. He should fight it, because he has a very good chance of winning if he does.

Alternatively, they could exploit a loop hole.

Big Pete Big Pete did they ever plug that loophole that would allow a player to be named for their club side, sit out one game and then come into camp after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYNNUMMANLYBRONCO

Members online

Twitter