Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Alternatively, they could exploit a loop hole.

@Big Pete did they ever plug that loophole that would allow a player to be named for their club side, sit out one game and then come into camp after that?
No.

Apparently there is a gentleman's agreement between both states on whether they're allowed to use it.

Queensland gave NSW the all clear with Ennis all those years back, we'll see if NSW extend the same courtesy.

Looking at the footage again, if it was up to me, Wallace would be gone. There was no need for him to go into that collision with the approach he did. However, based on prior incidents with Matt Scott, Sam Burgess and Ryan James I'm leaning towards the NRL letting him off.

In my opinion, Wallace isn't that big a loss for Queensland. I know he's a meme on here because of Unbreakable's outlandish statement, but seriously he's a dime a dozen workhorse in a bottom 8 team.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Sims would add a lot more aggression & skill in to the mix, he's a far better passer, off-loader & hole runner than Wallace. Doesn't have the same workaholic mentality that JWall does, but as Pete said, we can probably find that in a few places, Lillyman for one.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Some big axings for Origin 2 according to Badel.. I assume that's alluding to more than the obvious (Myles, O'Neill)

Maybe Morgan dropped for Munster? Thaiday / Guerra?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Expected team -

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Papalii
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Guerra
16. Hess
17. Wallace

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
What is Walters thinking dropping Oates.
The mentality is that Boyd is really only viable on the left wing if he's not playing Fullback, and Oates is only viable on the left wing, so Kev decided to drop Oates. He'll be back in the team next year once Slater retires I guess. I feel bad for him, but I think that's the best back line we can field honestly. Holmes had to be selected, Chambers is better at right centre.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
The bigger shock to me is the Gavin Cooper inclusion..

I guess Kev is just trying to make JT's final 2 games at Origin level as comfortable as possible. We know that combination works.

Alec

International Rep
I feel like moving Papalii from the back row is getting rid of one of our biggest strengths. Imagine him running off Thurston too.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I feel like moving Papalii from the back row is getting rid of one of our biggest strengths. Imagine him running off Thurston too.
Probably a big reason why Coop is back in the team, as nice as it would've been to see the Papa running off JT, the Cooper / Thurston combination has been lethal at all levels for many a year.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Thanks for relaying the info Unbreakable.

I actually like the inclusion of Cooper. If there is one area Queensland are OK in it's the forward pack and Gavin Cooper has proven himself to be one of the best edge runners in the game.

I don't think it will affect Papalii either. One of the reasons why he is so valuable is his versatility and his offloads maybe even more effective in the middle of the field. I actually think a more mobile pack maybe the way to take on Fifita & Klemmer.

I like most of those proposed changes, I just hope Badel got his mail wrong on Oates' dismissal.

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
I don't like Gagai to the centres, Oates getting the boot and Thaiday inexplicably losing his play in the team and yet Guerra keeping his spot.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I keep saying it, Boyd to the centres makes way more sense. We get Oates' getting sets off to a good start. We have Boyd setting up Oates. We have Chambers on his preferred right side, marking Hayne. We have Gagai also taking early-set runs, which was his best attribute IMO. Why **** with those positives?

Pushkin

QCup Player
If Kevin left Oates and Sam Thaiday out of state of origin game 2. I want to see if Kevin get emotional in press conference tomorrow like he did for billy slater.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Poor Kaufusi. I am not a huge fan of that side, dropping Oates is unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYNNUMMANLYBRONCO

Twitter