Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if hitting the panic button and bringing back Slater to play two games at 34 is the answer. O'Neill is a definite out obviously and should never have been there in the first place. I would have hesitated to put Gagai in centre because of his defence, but he couldn't be worse than O'Neill, so eh, put him to right centre with Holmes outside him.
As for forwards, Myles and Guerra out. I'd put Wallace in for Myles to start, and replace Guerra with Hess or Lowe or Cooper or someone. Any of the Cowboys second rowers are quality, although Cooper is a bit long in the tooth. I still think Lillyman is decent, but he may be a casualty based on age, so Sims may come in. My thoughts!

Edit: Also, Morgan may be a fine option in case of injury to several positions, but just comes on the field and plods away. Don't see the X-factor in him at all.

Unfortunately we cannot rule out Kevie making next to zero changes . Selectors often seem to live in their own bubble and seem to hate to admit they got it wrong the first time. Lets see.

The problem with Slater is his defence. He is still avoiding tackling with his stuffed shoulder whenever he gets the chance and as a result he is missing more tackles so I wouldn't want him at fullback for the whole 80.

However, he is getting his speed and elusiveness back. Not as good as it was in the past but still enough to pose a massive threat.

If he was to be selected, I hope it's on the bench. Bring him on when the forwards are tiring and tell Smith, Cronk and Slater to have at it.

It's been years since it's been done, but I think it will still work today.

When Slater comes on, we could move Boyd to the wing and possibly Oates to the second row.

yeah, well they fucking should... its a state of origin series saver, not a fucking coombya love in. hes terrible now, piss him off.
I've said previously that if Scott hadn't been injured I'd say Myles wouldn't have played origin again. He slowed significantly last year... not in his defence but in his hit ups.

I think moving forward we might have to move McGuire to prop alongside Napa and have a prop rotation of McGuire, Napa, Lillyman and Wallace. We clearly have more cover for second row than prop.

Papa and Gillette both need to play 80. Guerra to start at lock with Sammy to provide cover

We need new blood. Hess would be a good start!!

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Papali
9. Smith
10.Napa
11.Hess
12.Gillett
13.McGuire

14.Morgan
15.Wallace
16.Thaiday
17.Kafusi

18.Milford
19.Sims

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Papali
9. Smith
10.Napa
11.Hess
12.Gillett
13.McGuire

14.Morgan
15.Wallace
16.Thaiday
17.Kafusi

18.Milford
19.Sims
Milford isn't allowed to be 18th man remember lol

Can't see us debuting Hess in an elimination game in Sydney, he's too raw. Give him another 12 months I reckon, Thaiday will probably retire from rep footy after this season, will open up a bench backrower spot for him.

What does Thaiday offer now?

Can't see us debuting Hess in an elimination game in Sydney, he's too raw. Give him another 12 months I reckon, Thaiday will probably retire from rep footy after this season, will open up a bench backrower spot for him.

How is Hess raw though? Has been dominating defences as a 20 year old forward. That is the sort of player you want to bring in young. He is clearly a rep-standard player.

How is Hess raw though? Has been dominating defences as a 20 year old forward. That is the sort of player you want to bring in young. He is clearly a rep-standard player.
Stop buying the hype ! He has potential but he HASN'T been dominating anything yet. He's had a couple decent games and he's been identified as being an Origin type but really, in time in time !

Hess coming off the bench is fine.
Maybe a little raw to start the game though.

I look at Hess when the Cowboys are under the pump and nothing is going their way and I see a player that will be exploited in Origin if we throw him in too early. Especially in a must win game at ANZ. He might be successful, but he could easily be a liability.

We have plenty of experienced backrow options who can do the job. I would prefer Cooper since JT will be playing, his combination with JT will offer us an extra attacking option and he can more than hold his own defensively.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Wallace
9. Smith
10.Napa
11.F. Kafusi
12.Gillett
13.Morgan

14.Papali
15.McGuire
16.Hunt
17.K.Sims

That's my idea of youth,enthusiasm and experience...Kafusi is 110 ks, plays 80 mins most games and is goodvenough for the Storm and Bellamy, good recommendations considering he'd have Smithy and Cronk who'd be familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.