Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munster can be our Jack Bird and i think we need the Physicality of Hess.

Hess will get his chance next year, no need to rush him given the generational change already going on. But as for Munster, I really can see a very, very strong argument to get him in at 14. He is just so good at everything he does and I think, a better fit than Morgan.

Milf only adds spark off the bench but the more I think about the side I put out earlier in the thread, the more I think I would leave him out and bring in Munster, a guy who can sure up whatever position he will be put in and not be a defensive liability, not that Milf was either apparently.

Here would be my team

1. Billy Slater
2. Corey Oates
3. Will Chambers
4. Dane Gagai
5. Darius Boyd
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith
10. Scott Bolton
11. Josh Papalli
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Michael Morgan/Anthony Milford
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Korbin Sims (we need some hard nuts off the bench)

**** we are light on props at the moment. We really need some of these young rookies to kick up a few gears coming forward into the future.

I think it would be a huge mistake by Queensland to bring in Slater and stick with the old guys like Myles, we want a crop of players for the next 5 years. Bring some fresh forward into the mix cause honestly they couldn't do any worse than the display tonight. NSW did the same for their current forwards by selecting rookies over guys like beau Scott, Ryan Hoffman and luke Lewis.

Hey I'm just happy Oates fired and Milf didn't choke. So long as they stay the rest can change as needed

I don't care who plays.

But we need to remember what happened last night clearly.

If the NRL have cleared Cordner of an arm bar, and Hayne of a head slam then that's the fucking standard hence forth.

Plus I forget the elbow to the back of Milfs head.

I want someone to tear Cordner's arm out of its fucking socket (that'll get me some flack but **** that, apparently it's all fair game now). That ****** did that deliberately.

I want every second tackle to be a head slam. Particularly on that fat **** Fifita (ps how is his campaign to free the one punch killer going? Amazing how NSW will forgive blokes if they play for NSW).

I want someone to put an elbow on Hayne. Break his fucking jaw. Who gives a shit. Apparently it's all good after last night.

We'll see how long the new the ignorance of the rules lasts when a few of their blokes get seriously injured.

Time to fight fire with fire.

The refs should be fucking ashamed of themselves for all the stuff they let go. But as NSW won you can assume that they'll get picked.

Went both ways. McGuire got a nice '5th man in' swinging arm on Fifita

I think it would be a huge mistake by Queensland to bring in Slater and stick with the old guys like Myles, we want a crop of players for the next 5 years. Bring some fresh forward into the mix cause honestly they couldn't do any worse than the display tonight. NSW did the same for their current forwards by selecting rookies over guys like beau Scott, Ryan Hoffman and luke Lewis.

we need to remember the 2005 maroons, they had a changing of the guard with plenty of new faces coming in ... and even though they lost that series, it set them up for a decade of dominance

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Munster
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith
10. Bolton
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Oates
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Sims

One last chance for the old guard to save us.

Boyd is as safe as houses but he doesn't bring the same attacking threat as Slater, something we were sorely missing last night. His combination with Cronk and Smith may prove invaluable as well. This would mean Boyd to the wing and Oates to the bench who will push Morgan out. It's great having Oates' kick returns but we are in dire need of big bodies to come on and shoulder the load, so I feel he is best suited to a role off the bench. O'Neill is alright at club level but he just doesn't bring enough to the table for Origin. Chambers needs to be shifted to the left and Munster, who is one of Queensland's brightest and most dangerous prospects, brought in at right centre.

As far as our forwards go, it's time to bring in some new blokes with hunger. This puts us in a tight spot however as it means blooding players in a must win game, but if we want to win this series we need to take drastic action. They smashed us at Lang Park, imagine what they will do to us in Sydney if we show up with the same lackluster players with poor motivation? Myles and Lillyman just don't cut it anymore, and I don't know what Guerra actually brings to the team. We need size, aggression, and power.

This team will probably prove unpopular. And we probably won't see much of change in the line up anyway except for Thurston coming in, but I believe we've reached a point where loyalty will cost us. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we just got schooled in our own back yard.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Munster
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith
10. Bolton
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Oates
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Sims

One last chance for the old guard to save us.

Boyd is as safe as houses but he doesn't bring the same attacking threat as Slater, something we were sorely missing last night. His combination with Cronk and Smith may prove invaluable as well. This would mean Boyd to the wing and Oates to the bench who will push Morgan out. It's great having Oates' kick returns but we are in dire need of big bodies to come on and shoulder the load, so I feel he is best suited to a role off the bench. O'Neill is alright at club level but he just doesn't bring enough to the table for Origin. Chambers needs to be shifted to the left and Munster, who is one of Queensland's brightest and most dangerous prospects, brought in at right centre.

As far as our forwards go, it's time to bring in some new blokes with hunger. This puts us in a tight spot however as it means blooding players in a must win game, but if we want to win this series we need to take drastic action. They smashed us at Lang Park, imagine what they will do to us in Sydney if we show up with the same lackluster players with poor motivation? Myles and Lillyman just don't cut it anymore, and I don't know what Guerra actually brings to the team. We need size, aggression, and power.

This team will probably prove unpopular. And we probably won't see much of change in the line up anyway except for Thurston coming in, but I believe we've reached a point where loyalty will cost us. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we just got schooled in our own back yard.

Like this team. Sam Thaiday need to really step up though .

No Milford next Origin. That'll be good. Myles will retire voluntarily ( a dream ) New blood with Sims and Napa starting. ..Wallace on after 20...it's time for a baptism of fire in Sydney, up against it, let's not wait for the dead rubber, no Hess please, next year will be soon enough

Entering the mind of Kevin Walters, this is the team he'll pick for Game 2, sig it.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Lillyman
17. Wallace

18. Guerra
19. Milford
20. Holmes
**** that... kevvie deserves the sack if he cant drop myles and lilly man. Thaiday is borderline as well. And why do people think Boyd can play centre... when did he consistently do that last if ever. Fullback was not the problem, and slater will add nothing. Experience only works with youthful excitement around it... we don't have that. Need Hess, Sims and Wallace in forwards and Holmes on the wing. Slater or Boyd at fullback.. make a choice but don't shunt the loser to the wing. I think Gagai will be fine at centre, he really seems to take real pride in his selection and steps up to a level way above the shit he dishes out for newcastle.

I don't think they will drop Myles... the lead up was all about how important he is to the team blah blah blah. They can't come out now and dump him altogether for a rookie.
yeah, well they fucking should... its a state of origin series saver, not a fucking coombya love in. hes terrible now, piss him off.

we need to remember the 2005 maroons, they had a changing of the guard with plenty of new faces coming in ... and even though they lost that series, it set them up for a decade of dominance
I prefer to remember the 2001 maroons. Smached 3 nil and hand grenaded in 2000, brought in seven forward debutants for 2001 series and smashed the fuckers who thought they were about to go on a 1000 year dynasty. This talk of Hess not ready is ridiculous. Carl Webb played 13 nrl games and all off the bench before his debut in game 1 2001. You need the energy and brashness of youth over experience now. I think the old farts in the team think things will just happen because they have dominated for 11 years... need blood that doesn't have that smug comfort and will die for the jersey again.

As soon as NSW win one game they have started a dynasty according to the NSW media...

As soon as NSW win one game they have started a dynasty according to the NSW media...

Yep. A few tweaks in our forwards and O'Neill out and we will be fine. Plus Thurston coming back will take the kicking pressure off Cronk which I think was half our problem. I don't think they could have played much better which is credit to NSW but we were matching them the first half. That try on the stroke of halftime was the difference. We go in 6-4 and I think it is a whole different game. Smith should have made it 6-6 also. He misses alot of makeable kicks. I still have confidence if we make the necessary forward pack changes. I would drop Thaiday, Myles, Lillyman and Guerra and bring in Cooper, Lowe, Hess and Wallace. Move McGuire or Papalli into prop. That middle was terrible

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Corey Oates
4. Dane Gagai
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith[emoji767]
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh Papalii

14. Korbin Sims
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Cohen Hess
17. Anthony Milfird

The other forgotten guy who could be considered is Cooper. He'll never let anyone down, plus he is better than Guerra.

That said, I'm very much in agreement that not a lot needs to change to be more competitive:

Morgan, O'Neill, Guerra and Myles out

Munster, Holmes, Wallace and Sims in

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Corey Oates
4. Dane Gagai
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh Papalii

14. Ashton Sims
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Cohen Hess
17. Anthony Milfird

I think you mean Korbin Sims.

Ashton isn't eligible.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Corey Oates
4. Dane Gagai
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh Papalii

14. Ashton Sims
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Cohen Hess
17. Anthony Milfird
Firstly, Ashton Sims is a cockroach

Secondly, he plays in England.

Thirdly, he is the DEVIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.