10. Wallace
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Milford
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Hess

Anyone expecting big changes are going to be disappointed.

We aren't NSW.

If Walters picks O'Neill or Myles in Game 2 he's signing his death warrant. He'll be gone within a year or two if he doesn't have the stones to hook players who aren't physically up to Origin anymore.

I wouldn't be against Lillyman sticking around if he doesn't want to debut Hess in NSW, which would make sense, but Holmes & Wallace HAVE to be there in Game 2.

Bring in Wallace. Milford takes Morgan's spot.

I'd have slater and thurston back and get rid of Miles, Lillyman and Chambers

As trash as Chambers played, I'd persevere with him. He put in 100% effort tonight, made 23 runs for 189 metres. Can't fault his commitment.

O'Neill, Myles, Guerra, Morgan & Lillyman on the other hand are completely dispensable if we have the troops ready to replace them.

One big issue that shouldn't be forgotten was the origin ban last year... O'Neill was picked when it quite obviously would've gone to Holmes (gagai in centres) or Munster. Napa would've played all 3 last year and Milf would've been banging on the door for the bench utility given his first half of last year.

That kind of experience would've allowed a Hess or Wallace to debut this year. They're going to have to suck it up and fast track it now

Who replaces O'Neill at right centre?

I noticed some people saying Gagai. If you were unhappy with O'Neill's defence tonight, you're going to be absolutely furious with Gagai's at centre.

Munster has played centre for Storm, but doesn't play there on a regular basis.

I saw the reasoning with picking Myles, but ultimately it failed. He goes and Wallace comes on in his place. Wouldn't be against Sims because we need some fucking aggression but......**** losing more Broncos. I'll confess I tuned out towards the end but did Guerra add anything? O'Neil is first on the chopping block for mine, but I'm not sure how the shuffle works. We don't have a stand out QLD centre at the moment so it seems to be a case of bringing Slater in (**** the media wankfest over that is going to suck) Boyd to wing and Gagai to centre....at least he's played there.

Ultimately the middle. The middle is where we really lost that game.

I'd have slater and thurston back and get rid of Miles, Lillyman and Chambers

Disagree on Lilly and Chambers. O'neill was infinitely worse than Chambers

The biggest problem with Queensland is lack of centres and prop.

I noticed some people saying Gagai. If you were unhappy with O'Neill's defence tonight, you're going to be absolutely furious with Gagai's at centre.

Chambers is a natural right center and great defensively. I'd go Munster left center chambers right center and gagai right wing.

Left wing depends on the fullback

Byebye Myles, Lillyman and O'Neill for starters. They're morals for a trip behind the barn. Chambers is on thin ice as well. I have to be honest I'm really disappointed in the likes of Smith and Cronk tonight. They were supposed to be the old heads to lead the younger guys forward and they both looked like they rather be back home in Melbourne.

NRL defence is completely irrelevant in Origin, that's what we just learned. Milford was exceptional defensively tonight but is horrible at NRL level, the only poor effort he made tonight was when he was concussed. O'Neill just put on one of the worst individual Origin performances of the decade, any case he had for being there for his defence and reliability just went out the window.

Gagai will probably get bested by Hayne in Game 2 if we play him at centre, but the added attack we'd get from him there and Holmes outside him would completely off-set that, imo.

You can't have a guy playing centre at rep level who doesn't pass the ball. It's too easy to defend. This is an elementary skill for a centre. That he doesn't have the sense to pass the ball is just mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.