OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Mate, Glasby will be expected to play plenty of minutes with the bench that we are likely to have.

No chance. The two backrowers are going to play 80. Napa will play 45-50 Papalli probably the same if not more. McGuire 50-60. Than you have got to find the remaining minutes with Hess, Glasby Morgan and Wallace/Whoever they replace him with. He won't play much at all.

I personally don't get the calls for Sims. He started the season alright but I haven't been overly impressed by him other than that.

Runs for less than 90 meters a game and is generally ineffective.

No chance. The two backrowers are going to play 80. Napa will play 45-50 Papalli probably the same if not more. McGuire 50-60. Than you have got to find the remaining minutes with Hess, Glasby Morgan and Wallace/Whoever they replace him with. He won't play much at all.

Huge chance that he will be asked to play 30-40 minutes.

Hope they have Boyd in at centre, it would be a waste of his passing game if put back on the wing.

Huge chance that he will be asked to play 30-40 minutes.

Closer to 30 at most. No problems with it. I would have given Thaiday another chance over him letting him know that he is on his final chance but he is better than Myles Lillyman and Guerra for the role he is going to play.

The selectors got it so wrong with the team they picked in Game 1. I'm not sure they've done any better for game 2 TBH. The Gavin Cooper selection is poor IMO. Felise Kaufusi playing much better footy and ripe for the picking IMO.

JT's combo with Cooper. They both know what the other is doing.

Yeah I was just guessing based on what Badel was saying, would you mind telling us who?

Cooper on the bench, Guerra / Wallace starting?

Sorry guys I was somewhat misled, the sheet I was given had Pappali on the bench then they named a non-team first time ever I have seen that.

The squad was right though to the team I had.

JT's combo with Cooper. They both know what the other is doing.

Plus Cooper can play 80. Kaufusi wouldn't have it in him at this level yet. The two backrowers playing 80 opens it up for the middle to get more rotation through it and more leg speed and not being as tired. It strengthens where we got smashed in game 1. Moving Papalli to prop is a brilliant move imo for the balance of the side

Corey Oates being dropped from the side is one of the boneheaded moves that NSW repeatedly made during their decade of losing, makes absolutely no sense.

I'm excited to see what Coen Hess can do in origin, and i liked Walters little digs at Green during the announcement

IMO, now that Slater has been picked i would playing him on the wing. Get him in space and he will be away, but he can't set up his wingers or through those cracking cut out passes like Boyd can (even if you switch him to the back for kick returns, but if NSW are smart they will never kick anywhere near Slater). Although, everyone knows that Slater will start at fullback, so I'm not sure what Walters is trying to achieve with his attempted subterfuge.

Myles, Lilyman, Thaiday, Guerra and O'neill were obvious choices for obmission.

Glasby ... meh, but as @Big Pete said, we won't lose the game due to him

Tim Glasby is such a weird selection.

Disagree, he is a great call. Terrific defender always covers inside and gets quick play the balls. Queensland got beaten in the ruck and he is a great ruck defender.

Also great fit for the Queensland team.

Corey Oates being dropped from the side is one of the boneheaded moves that NSW repeatedly made during their decade of losing, makes absolutely no sense.

I'm excited to see what Coen Hess can do in origin, and i liked Walters little digs at Green during the announcement

IMO, now that Slater has been picked i would playing him on the wing. Get him in space and he will be away, but he can't set up his wingers or through those cracking cut out passes like Boyd can (even if you switch him to the back for kick returns, but if NSW are smart they will never kick anywhere near Slater). Although, everyone knows that Slater will start at fullback, so I'm not sure what Walters is trying to achieve with his attempted subterfuge.

Myles, Lilyman, Thaiday, Guerra and O'neill were obvious choices for obmission.

Glasby ... meh, but as @Big Pete said, we won't lose the game due to him

I would much rather have Slater bringing the ball back than Holmes and Boyd if I was NSW. Those two can put a dent in the line and have the confidence to run back straight and hard for the better yardage return. Slater can get ragdolled bringing the ball back. There is not going to be holes everywhere in the kick return like there can be in club football. Especially the tactic that NSW and Pearce use in Origin. Just hanging it as high as possible so that they can get a straight line. Slater will be ineffective off kicks. Holmes and Boyd should be getting the ball off the yardage kicks as much as possible

So we haven't named an extended bench.. I wonder who will come in for Wallace if he's suspended.. You'd have to imagine we replace him with a like for like.. Bolton? Lillyman? Sims?

Oates went well in Game 1 but I think Holmes is the better player if they are choosing between the two.

Oates went well in Game 1 but I think Holmes is the better player if they are choosing between the two.

how so ...

not only is Oates able to get our sets off to the right start and help the forwards out when they are struggling (which Holmes can't do)

but he has the ability to get the ball over the white stripe ... including by using his superior size to barge through the defence (which Holmes can't do).

Having said that they should both be in the side on the wings

Active Now

• bazza
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.