OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

So what are Tim glasby's good points? I honestly have never taken notice of him.

Good defender, taught the right way. (Storm system) Also has a knack for getting quick play the balls.

That's about the extent of it. He's a below average runner of the ball and has no skill or passing game to speak of.

I think we are going to miss Sammy more than a lot of people think. I actually think Oates getting dropped is a disgrace. Hopefully we can transition him to the back row soon. He could easily be our equivalent to Cordner.

Last edited:
just looking at the 30 game origin club and Nate Myles looks so out of place in that company lol

He was in a class of his own when it came to getting under Gallen's skin. Now that Gallen is no longer there, it's time for the big fella to be moved on. Thanks for the memories Nate.

Judging from the presser, Kevin Walter is pooing himself. Hope he has some tricks up his sleeve and can stay calm because qld are on the ropes.

Oates getting dropped is a shocking decision.

Did the selectors sleep through game one?

The Blues peppered him and he was never found wanting. Scored our only try. One of the only few players who were prepared to match it with NSW.

Unbelievable.

Slater is a no brainer for me. He'll be sniffing around the ruck looking for second phase and set plays with his Storm mates, and Qld will be much more threatening in attack, without losing anything in defense.

I feel for Oates, and I worry we'll miss his ball carries out of trouble. I would've preferred Boyd as centre to Oates, although I think Holmes was going to get into Origin sooner or later, and will become Slater's heir.

The Cooper decision is understandable in the grand scheme of things, given his understanding with Thurston, besides we need a hard hitting body in the middle, which Papalii is.

I haven't seen enough from Glasby to have an opinion either way, but the main thing is that outside of Oates, I think the right players were dropped, and we'll be better for it.

Regardless of what happens, if we lose this series, it will have been in game 1, where we essentially gave our home advantage away with very poor selections.

Fox Sports is pretty smart.. Gene Miles & Kevin Walters both said one of the big reasons they picked Gavin Cooper is because he can play 80 minutes and it'll enable them to rotate their middle forwards more often.

Fox names their "probable QLD 17" and have Cooper on the bench, lol.

Dropping Oates is a shock but at least we're not replacing him with some hack. Holmes is a gun and now nsw won't have an easy wing to kick to.

So what are Tim glasby's good points? I honestly have never taken notice of him.

It's a great story! He was playing ISC as far back as 2010- got the Capras rookie of the year and then player of the year 3 years in a row. He carried some terrible terrible sides. Went to the Storm in 2013. He played for Easts then and got them to the Grand Final.

He reminds me of Fullerton-Smith. He defends in the ruck and hurts guys. He won Bellamy's love in 2015 when he played the whole season with a busted arm. No errors, run hard and straight. He loves a really tough carry.

He's only started 24 times for Storm of his 76 games. He is dependable. Kevvie wants him because he will make sure that ruck is tight. He will eat up the Origin camp and be a contributor. Gilly and him are already besties.

One of the big things Queensland have attempted to fix is the rotating of forwards, Queensland averaged almost 10 minutes per game less at club level than the Blues.

We needed more 80 minute players. So we have less guys gassed. That's why I think Papalli will be benched not start.

Plus Cooper can play 80. Kaufusi wouldn't have it in him at this level yet. The two backrowers playing 80 opens it up for the middle to get more rotation through it and more leg speed and not being as tired. It strengthens where we got smashed in game 1. Moving Papalli to prop is a brilliant move imo for the balance of the side
Rubbish in my opinion. Kaufusi regularly plays 80 minutes in a highly mobile Storm team noted for it's fitness and it's bullshit saying SOO os some super high level. It's just a game of rugby league with better quality players in the positions where you usually have SLIGHTLY less quality players. Many positions are of the exact same quality as any club game because Smith, Cronk etc are still the same people. Kaufusi would have been a better pick as he plays 80 quite often, weighs 110 kilos and plays each one of those games with Slater, Cronk and Smith so combos are in place.

Papali and Kaufusi in the backrow playing huge minutes allows a better balance. Anyway, we may never know if mu opinion is right, maybe Origin 3 and injuries might present an opportunity.

More balanced team. Would have liked a bit more aggression than Glasby for a 30 minute stint to create some momentum with Kafusi or Sims (not that I'm enamoured with his form) or experience of Lilyman but willing to give him a go if they have a clear strategy to strengthen the middle in defence.

Agreed looking a bit NSW desperate needed changes but not that many. Oates should clearly have been retained, played well despite the kitchen sink being thrown at him. Holmes isn't playing that well at fullback, was average in test match on the wing and Oates takes pressure off forwards to get set rolling. Regardless of the stats re meterage in Nrl, his size is vital against origin defensive lines with our smaller pack. Holmes is used to playing off the back of a big pack which helps. Holmes is good but yet to be convinced about the hype, wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be another Hoggman type (brilliant on the wing in NRL but is left wanting at a higher level or at fullback +\- delusions of grandeur that derail it all). Myles and Guerra needed to be sacked, Thaiday was deservedly on notice so can't be upset but needed to retain some experience on bench with Lilyman. Nervous about Gagai in defence at centre but can't be worse than O'Neil at least we hope...

Would like also, as someone said, for Boyd to play centre. With him there, the backline can be stretched. I'm a little worried about the gillet, Gavin Cooper 80 minutes playing idea. Sounds great unless one gets injured. Not sure who can fill in glasby?

My 2c on the team:

Slater should've been there in Game 1. Boyd is a 2-dimensional player. A very very good one, but when does he create something out of nothing? Slater can and does do that. He's far more dynamic and creates doubt in defenders minds. Boyd catches bombs and picks/executes his passing options very well, but Slater is a more dangerous player overall.

Oates should be playing. He literally did nothing wrong and gets the chop. I don't watch a lot of Sharks games, but Holmes hasn't impressed me at all, so far as warranting his spot over Oates. No doubt he's talented and a good player, but I doubt he'll be able to replicate what Oates brings to the team.

Gagai was outstanding on the wing, not sure why you'd move him. Hopefully he's that player that just plays great regardless because it's Origin.

Cooper is there purely for his JT partnership. I really don't see any other upside to his selection. People think he's underrated, but it's the opposite for mine.

Hess could go either way, but obviously I hope he kills it.

Glasby better make the most of his spot, because I have no idea how he's there. Probably bias here, but I think Korbin should've been picked. It's not like he won't make less metres than Glasby and we need someone to niggle and annoy the opposition. Also has a bit of variety to his play (offloads etc). Bolton very unlucky too. I'd have picked either him or Sims

I really hope Wallace gets off and can play. I've been a fan for a while and his form this year makes him deserving. Should've played Game 1 over Myles.

Feel for Sammy. But his time is up, and looking increasingly so at club level too. He's down to about 1 good game every 6 weeks or so. I do hope though that if we lose game 2 that he gets picked for 3, purely to get into the 30 club. It's silly but it'd be nice for him. He can then 'retire' knowing he won't get picked again

I'm probably one of the few that's glad Oates got dropped. All this punishment on his body, I'd rather preserve him for the Broncos. And it's not like we are replacing him with a numpty either. Holmes is one of the most talented backs in the NRL.

The ****?

So Holmes wasn't even selected out of necessity for a right winger to replace Gagai.. Oates straight up got dropped from the left wing for Holmes.. That's a different story..

Edit: I mean.. I guess it makes sense long-term.. move Darius to Fullback next year and Inglis slots straight back in at left centre.. but still..

The ****?

So Holmes wasn't even selected out of necessity for a right winger to replace Gagai.. Oates straight up got dropped from the left wing for Holmes.. That's a different story..

Edit: I mean.. I guess it makes sense long-term.. move Darius to Fullback next year and Inglis slots straight back in at left centre.. but still..

Like I said earlier, first time he's been named there, but he's played at left centre regularly. Plays to everyone's strengths better. I just don't see how Holmes offers any more than Oates does.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.