OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

I'll be in Bangkok in transit to China, just not really interested at all this year.

If Pearce gets what he deserves, it will be a giant turd sandwich, and he'll lose the series again after fumbling a decisive set.

He's such a merkin, I hope Hess or Papa destroy him.

The one that gets me is the Lockyer comparison.

After Lockyer's first fifteen games, he had only won five matches compared to Pearce's four or something like that.

First of all, I just love it how those draws have retroactively been treated as this black mark against Queensland. We were all alive around this point, was any Queenslander complaining about the draw? Pretending otherwise is stupid.

The other is that Lockyer was a part of four successful campaigns (98, 99, 01, 02). Pearce hasn't been involved with any and sure as anything wasn't the Player of the Series in any of those years.

I don't even disagree with Pearce's selection this time around. Of all the halves, I thought he was easily the right pick but that article just seems so skewed and false that it puts me off.

After 16 games.

Lockyer 6
Pearce 5

Have a look at some of these records.

Alexander 0/6
Thorn 1/11
Thompson 1/6
Ennis 2/6
Fergurson 2/6
Gidley 3/12
Hasler 3/12
Herthington 2/8
Creagh 3/11
Lamb 2/7
Tallis 5/17

Unfortunately, this will be the year where NSW will win and it will be tonight.

I just cannot see a win for us.

Unfortunately, this will be the year where NSW will win and it will be tonight.

I just cannot see a win for us.

That's the spirit! Weren't you the guy who said we couldn't beat Manly a few weeks back? Hopefully your reverse psychology thingy works again.

I can absolutely see a win for us. We couldn't have played worse and having Thurston back alone will make us twice as potent.

I think NSW are going to use Fifita as a decoy a lot of the time, knowing that the bulk of our work would have been on stopping him. Woods and Klemmer will want to show that they're not just second-fiddle. Homework on Tedesco will have been well-spent though. He had his best career game defensively in game one but Queensland will have picked apart every element of his game by now.

Queensland by 8.

Thought the exact same thing. SF's death riding is always good news.

Those wins against the Warriors and Roosters were exceptional.

If the refs let us get away with murder in the ruck, we are a good chance.

I can't see how we can win especially with our dud fullback, five eighth, halfback and hooker. What chance do the Qlders have against the almighty Pearce?

Exciting times.

In hindsight maybe camp one was a bit same same. The guys were given a go to play again after winning last year and it didn't work. Kevvie has the team he probably would have picked game one but for loyalty.

Queensland have worked hard since the night of the first game. The areas that let them down have been addressed. The bench has more momentum and can continue the work after the first 20 has gone.

The defence in the middle has been secured and now needs to work. That was what let them down in the first game. Queensland's defence is built on a pendulum, you can't break that pendulum or the whole thing comes down. Out wide Gagai was guilty three times.

Attacking Hayne, Cronk got three goes at him and created two on ones but they didn't capitalise.

Plenty of work on Graham this week, he is the best at shutting down halves. The Storm took him away from the halves really well a couple of times two weeks ago. Cordner did a selfless thing in game one and swapped sides when Graham came on so Graham could do his thing and so Graham has that good combination with Maloney.

The session with the Magpies was precise and planned, they sat through a very detailed plan of what they had to run at the Queensland team and they did really well.

Queensland will be much better tonight, they have to be.

I think this will be Smith's master piece, his Wally like 1989 game two performance. Against the Sharks he was brilliant and this whole three weeks he's been a different beast than game 1.

Kevvie loves a set play with a bit of a difference, I think tonight if Queensland can get the ball in good position and give the key guys what they need you may see some outstanding footy played.

QLD have named a better side for Game 2 but they still look a bit small up front which was the Blues advantage in game 1 and the fact they dropped Oates who added plenty of meters will hurt them. Been thinking the Blues strength up front, momentum behind them and home ground advantage will get them over the line.

QLD have named a better side for Game 2 but they still look a bit small up front which was the Blues advantage in game 1 and the fact they dropped Oates who added plenty of meters will hurt them. Been thinking the Blues strength up front, momentum behind them and home ground advantage will get them over the line.

Yeah, the middle is NSW's only advantage, but it's a huge one. Like I said earlier, if the refs let us get away with holding now in tackles, it'll let us get our defensive line ready and help reduce NSW's advantage in the middle. It was on the radio too yesterday, Daley was worried about it too.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.