OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
Maybe, but they were 2 great players at that level, winners or losers. Pearce for the most part has been a rubbish Origin player. Still find it hard to believe that after winning in'14 without him they went straight back to him.
Fair point, comparing Pearce as an Origin player to Webcke or Lockyer is apples and oranges. I thought Pearce was solid in Game 1 and did his job. He has been very good this season and hopefully he gets what he deserves tomorrow night to add along to the Grand Final he has won.

**** me, people are actually comparing Pearce to Thurston and Locky on social media...If in 10 years time he's dominated the sport I could understand the comparisons, like the Johns v Locky stuff but seriously... He wins 1 fucken game and everyone's forgotten about his other 'outings' in this arena. **** I hope Thurston tears it up tomorrow night!!!
Nobody with a brain is doing that it's the stupid people who probably don't even know what shape the ball is that is doing that. The amount of stupid posts on facebook and comments on the street I see and hear during Origin from people of both sides of the fence is crazy. Neighbors of mine's daughter is such a proud QLD fan and thinks that Jarryd Hayne is the QLD captain and that Thurston is a centre.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Fair point, comparing Pearce as an Origin player to Webcke or Lockyer is apples and oranges. I thought Pearce was solid in Game 1 and did his job. He has been very good this season and hopefully he gets what he deserves tomorrow night to add along to the Grand Final he has won.

Nobody with a brain is doing that it's the stupid people who probably don't even know what shape the ball is that is doing that. The amount of stupid posts on facebook and comments on the street I see and hear during Origin from people of both sides of the fence is crazy. Neighbors of mine's daughter is such a proud QLD fan and thinks that Jarryd Hayne is the QLD captain and that Thurston is a centre.
Certainly agree this year is the best he has looked in a while.

JayPee

QCup Player
Walters went at NSW today and particularly daley in his pre captain run press conference. Good to see. Just have a feeling we are going to come out all guns blazing and give them a massive shock.

Apparently they have been paying massive attention to fifita and tedesco at training. Calling their names out all the time. If we shut down their middle attack with offloads inside balls etc I dont see how they score in other areas. I dont rate their centers, wings and attacking structures in good ball. I like the boyd move to the left and chambers to the right center positions. Boyd can shut down dugan easily and chambers is just a beast atm on both sides of the ball. Kicking game is going to be massive and as much as I rate Pearce I think extra pressure and latitude by referees of the 10m can really get to him.

QLD by 22-10
MOM Cam Smith
First Try Gavin Cooper

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I'll be in Bangkok in transit to China, just not really interested at all this year.

State of Origin Rep
The one that gets me is the Lockyer comparison.

After Lockyer's first fifteen games, he had only won five matches compared to Pearce's four or something like that.

First of all, I just love it how those draws have retroactively been treated as this black mark against Queensland. We were all alive around this point, was any Queenslander complaining about the draw? Pretending otherwise is stupid.

The other is that Lockyer was a part of four successful campaigns (98, 99, 01, 02). Pearce hasn't been involved with any and sure as anything wasn't the Player of the Series in any of those years.

I don't even disagree with Pearce's selection this time around. Of all the halves, I thought he was easily the right pick but that article just seems so skewed and false that it puts me off.
After 16 games.

Lockyer 6
Pearce 5

Have a look at some of these records.

Alexander 0/6
Thorn 1/11
Thompson 1/6
Ennis 2/6
Fergurson 2/6
Gidley 3/12
Hasler 3/12
Herthington 2/8
Creagh 3/11
Lamb 2/7
Tallis 5/17

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I can absolutely see a win for us. We couldn't have played worse and having Thurston back alone will make us twice as potent.

I think NSW are going to use Fifita as a decoy a lot of the time, knowing that the bulk of our work would have been on stopping him. Woods and Klemmer will want to show that they're not just second-fiddle. Homework on Tedesco will have been well-spent though. He had his best career game defensively in game one but Queensland will have picked apart every element of his game by now.

Queensland by 8.

Alec

International Rep
If the refs let us get away with murder in the ruck, we are a good chance.

State of Origin Rep
Exciting times.

In hindsight maybe camp one was a bit same same. The guys were given a go to play again after winning last year and it didn't work. Kevvie has the team he probably would have picked game one but for loyalty.

Queensland have worked hard since the night of the first game. The areas that let them down have been addressed. The bench has more momentum and can continue the work after the first 20 has gone.

The defence in the middle has been secured and now needs to work. That was what let them down in the first game. Queensland's defence is built on a pendulum, you can't break that pendulum or the whole thing comes down. Out wide Gagai was guilty three times.

Attacking Hayne, Cronk got three goes at him and created two on ones but they didn't capitalise.

Plenty of work on Graham this week, he is the best at shutting down halves. The Storm took him away from the halves really well a couple of times two weeks ago. Cordner did a selfless thing in game one and swapped sides when Graham came on so Graham could do his thing and so Graham has that good combination with Maloney.

The session with the Magpies was precise and planned, they sat through a very detailed plan of what they had to run at the Queensland team and they did really well.

Queensland will be much better tonight, they have to be.

I think this will be Smith's master piece, his Wally like 1989 game two performance. Against the Sharks he was brilliant and this whole three weeks he's been a different beast than game 1.

Kevvie loves a set play with a bit of a difference, I think tonight if Queensland can get the ball in good position and give the key guys what they need you may see some outstanding footy played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter