OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Agree NRL problem but some players are worse then others. Like a game without penalties but if players know refs have pocketed the whistle they will take advantage. If u don't put the foot on the ball should be a penalty. Agree ref it consistently and as an offensive penalty will stop real quick.

Magpies v Queensland opposed session about to start.

Agree NRL problem but some players are worse then others. Like a game without penalties but if players know refs have pocketed the whistle they will take advantage. If u don't put the foot on the ball should be a penalty. Agree ref it consistently and as an offensive penalty will stop real quick.

100% spot on. We see it during golden point periods too. Every player on the field is offside, holding down, playing the ball incorrectly - the refs do jack shit and sides like the Cowboys, Sharks and Storm take advantage of it.

I have zero faith in referees. Is Cecchin doing the second game on Wednesday? The bloke who overlooked a fucking blatant high shot on Matt Gillett in Game One then turns around a few seconds later and penalises the same player for some fairly innocuous contact on a catcher in the air.

How about Shane Flanagan's comments about Cameron Smith. Mascord nailed it with this piece:

Will the real referee please stand up?

The intriguing thing about Shane Flanagan's "referee Smith" comment on Thursday night will be the impact it has on the real referees. Anyone with the sound turned up on their television over the weekend could hear that Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston have more confidence talking to the whistlers than other captains.

They may not have any more influence but the match officials were already getting visibly jumpy over the issue just two days after Flanagan's little dig. The referees in Darwin repeatedly tried to reassure Parramatta's Beau Scott they were not offering Thurston undue protection. "Not just him, not just because it was him," we could hear them saying when the Cowboys got a penalty in kicking range after JT was roughed up. "I've always got a target on my head," Thurston said afterwards.

In the way these things normally work, Melbourne and North Queensland will eventually be disadvantaged by the whole thing, when a ref or two over-corrects to prove how impervious he is to articles like this.

I'll go a step further than Steve Mascord and say we'll see an example of this on Wednesday Night. The referee will go out of their way to prove JT and Smith don't get special treatment.

The NRL will need to crunch the numbers. What will capture more media attention, rating and interest? A JT fairy tale decider at Suncorp or the Blues securing a rare series win?

They have. They've had "crackdowns" for two particular seasons. Last year was one of them. The moment a ball was kicked in the 2017 trials it was obvious the "crackdown" was over, and all teams are taking advantage, inclusive of us, most notably Thaiday, Blair & Sims.

It's a joke when a rule that is defined as simply as playing the ball requires a crackdown simply to enforce it. It's similarly a joke that said crackdown has zero effect at fixing it long term. It doesn't need a crackdown if it's enforced as it should, every game. Teams shouldn't have to be warned about particular rules being strongly enforced. There are rules. They should all be equally enforced. Teams will learn when they are penalised out of games.

They have. They've had "crackdowns" for two particular seasons. Last year was one of them. The moment a ball was kicked in the 2017 trials it was obvious the "crackdown" was over, and all teams are taking advantage, inclusive of us, most notably Thaiday, Blair & Sims.

It's a joke when a rule that is defined as simply as playing the ball requires a crackdown simply to enforce it. It's similarly a joke that said crackdown has zero effect at fixing it long term. It doesn't need a crackdown if it's enforced as it should, every game. Teams shouldn't have to be warned about particular rules being strongly enforced. There are rules. They should all be equally enforced. Teams will learn when they are penalised out of games.

They never even had a crackdown for ptb last year, they just announced that there would be one. The crackdown lasted precisely zero rounds.

They never even had a crackdown for ptb last year, they just announced that there would be one. The crackdown lasted precisely zero rounds.

They didn't need to penalise it because on the most part, teams played the ball properly. The Roosters were pathetic when they had to use their foot.

The refs just need to come out and announce a crackdown on the rules. "Which rules"? the coaches will ask. And the refs should hand them each the complete rule book.

They didn't need to penalise it because on the most part, teams played the ball properly. The Roosters were pathetic when they had to use their foot.

The refs just need to come out and announce a crackdown on the rules. "Which rules"? the coaches will ask. And the refs should hand them each the complete rule book.

**** that would be funny tbh. Can you imagine the look on their faces.....

Some people have such short memories .....

WILL Chambers has come back to haunt Jarryd Hayne with Queensland to unleash the NRL’s best centre on NSW’s vulnerable poster boy.

Chambers will be thrust into a showdown with Hayne at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday after the Blues veteran ran rings around Justin O’Neill in Origin I.

Hayne is NSW’s most experienced Origin player and proved his quality in an impressive Game One performance that resulted in O’Neill being axed and Chambers shifted to his preferred position of right centre.

Chambers, 29, only has to look back a month to see what it takes to ground The Hayne Plane after he gave him a bath at Suncorp Stadium in Melbourne’s clash against the Titans.

The Storm centre exposed his rival’s defence by skipping to the outside of Hayne and shut him down defensively by limiting his time with the ball.

Chambers’ moves looked well-rehearsed but he did little pre-game research to discover Hayne’s weaknesses.

“We didn’t know he was going to be there,” Chambers said. “We thought he’d be at fullback. He’s shown he can play anywhere.

“We saw in Game One what he can do at centre. We’ve seen what he’s done at fullback and wing. Jarryd Hayne is built for the big occasion. He will be ready to go.”

Hayne, 29, showed his quality in his 21st Origin appearance for the Blues, and first since 2014 before his NFL dalliance, tormenting O’Neill all night as the Maroons centre missed eight tackles.

He palmed O’Neill away at will and scored a try by dummying through Queensland’s retreating defence but he will not be given the same opportunities when he lines up against Chambers.

“That’s where Will plays at club level and where he’s most comfortable,” Maroons forward Matt Gillett said.

“That’s where he plays most of his footy with (Maroons halfback Cooper Cronk) as well. I feel pretty comfortable when those two players know each other so well.

“Hayne is a great talent, always has been. He’s a big-game player.

“(We have) to do a better job on him this time. He got a lot of ball and played pretty well in Game One.

“Across the park he’s one of the players that got (NSW) going forward so we need to do a lot better on him.”

While Hayne’s form for the struggling Titans has been patchy this season he seemed to find another gear when on Origin duties. He was NSW’s hero in their last series win in 2014 and Chambers said a change of environment could bring the best out of him.

“I don’t know what he’ll do because he’s in a different system now,” he said.

“Jarryd’s a great player. He played well in Game One. He’s going to be up for it. I know it will be a tough ask but we’ll see how we go.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/d9f87ebf3dc0f5aaf38961e13e9a156c

Will Chambers the NRL's best centre? What the ****?

That's like one of those shitty articles NSW writes, only from QLD.

I think this is pretty much the best team we can put on the field. We are putting a lot of faith the forward replacements to plug up the middle and also give us a lot more go forward.

I think they can do it. If we can come close to at least matching them in the forwards , I have full confidence in this backline to get us enough points to win this. As always the refs and video refs will be crucial . I had no complaints about either in game 1. But with game 2 in Syndney and the blues on the verge of a series win , don't expect any favours ,especially from the bunker.

All time great? Interesting.

I'd take Locky and JT over JT and Cronk.

Alf and the King!!! Then maybe JT and Locky, Cronk and JT third?

Although I can't wait till Cherry Evans and Moses Mybe next year will be the GOATs guaranteed.

**** that would be funny tbh. Can you imagine the look on their faces.....

I'm just picturing Trent Robinson in a crisis meeting with his players.

Robinson: "Someone give me the rundown. What's the crackdown for this time?"
Assistant Coach: "Um, everything".
JWH: "What do you mean? We can't tunnel-ball any more?"
Cordner, looking at rule book: "Nope. In fact, we have to get to our feet to play it. And touch the ball with our foot".
JWH faints. Evans drops his bottle of Ezi-Tan.
Friend: "But there's nothing in the book that says we can't keep giving away penalties when we're stretched. We'll keep doing that".
Assistant Coach: "Actually, it says here that deliberately conceding penalties is considered a professional foul and will result in a sin-bin".
Robinson: "Oh **** off. How the **** are you supposed to defend your line? We're just going to have to score more points than the opposition then. We need SBW back. Where's my cash drawer?"
Assistant Coach: "We can't do that any more. Other teams fans know we do it. They have blogs. Forums. We'll be caught for sure".
Robinson: "Who can we cut? We already white-anted SKD. How about Guerra? He likes the ol' racing stripes".
Guerra: "Um, I'm still here, but I signed with Newcastle".
Robinson: "Oh yeah, we've already started calling you the White Knight. How about Pearce. We have enough halves on our books".
Hastings: "Woo Hoo!".
Pearce: "Can I play with the Bulldogs"?
Robinson: "Great. Call Sonny. Tell him to warm up that offloading arm. He needs to be throwing those passes through the line to the support runners that are already through".
Keary: "Can't do that. The touchies have already started picking them up. They call them forward passes. Because they're passes. That go forwards. Not back. I'm smart".
Robinson: "****. Shit ****. Well **** them. Let's just smash them. Tell Sonny to get his shoulder rea..".
Napa, looking forlorn: "Can't shoulder charge boss".
Robinson: "GET ME POLITIS".
Assistant nervously presses buttons on phone.
Robinson on the phone: "Nick. We're fucked. Initiate Protocol BREAKAWAY COMPETITION".

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.