OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I hope Boyd does a lot more dummy half running too as hodges used to do from centre.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Like to see Boyd and slater switch in attack from time to time close to the line so Boyd can do his out the back sweep ball towards the end of each half, imagine billy running those lines or be a great decoy. Need both centres to step up out of dummy half and maybe find a way for Someone to take a couple sets off Cam Smith to give him a short 2 minute breather out back if game is fast. He was stuffed in origin 1.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Like to see Boyd and slater switch in attack from time to time close to the line so Boyd can do his out the back sweep ball towards the end of each half, imagine billy running those lines or be a great decoy. Need both centres to step up out of dummy half and maybe find a way for Someone to take a couple sets off Cam Smith to give him a short 2 minute breather out back if game is fast. He was stuffed in origin 1.
lmo Billy has Darbs covered for setting up outside men. I don't think he'll need boyds help at FB.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
lmo Billy has Darbs covered for setting up outside men. I don't think he'll need boyds help at FB.

I'm yet to see Slater set up his outside men like Boyd can.

Burning defenders for speed and throwing a basketball pass isn't quite the same.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
XXXX Queensland Maroons
1. Billy Slater
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Will Chambers
4. Darius Boyd
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Coen Hess
17. Tim Glasby
18. Cameron Munster
Coach: Kevin Walters

Team I had on Monday was correct, Papalli to the bench.

Jarred Wallace starting for QLD. Unbelievable.

Hey @Unbreakable do me a favour will you mate? Just post this for me - 'If the Broncos win the next 10 premierships and Broncos4life gets a gobbie from Delta Goodrem I will quit the forum permanently'

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm yet to see Slater set up his outside men like Boyd can.

Burning defenders for speed and throwing a basketball pass isn't quite the same.

Different approach, same result. Though you're understating Billy's passing game imo.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Hey @Unbreakable do me a favour will you mate? Just post this for me - 'If the Broncos win the next 10 premierships and Broncos4life gets a gobbie from Delta Goodrem I will quit the forum permanently'
Selfish prick, you know that bold part is never gonna happen...

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013

Hey @Unbreakable do me a favour will you mate? Just post this for me - 'If the Broncos win the next 10 premierships and BroncosAlways gets a gobbie from Margot Robbie I will quit the forum permanently'

Fixed it for you.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
The latest talk in Origin camp is that Boyd insisted on playing centre instead of wing.
Also could someone please get the article on courier mail about Fifita bending the rules every time he runs

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
State of Origin 2017: How Andrew Fifita bends the rules when he runs the ball
7a6c25504db867ea753913c2797d0c48

BLUES star Andrew Fifita has been exposed for bending the rules to help his team gain an attacking edge in Origin I.
In devastating form for NSW in Game One, Fifita destroyed the Queensland team through the middle with his imposing physique and blockbusting runs.
But it can be revealed that at least 50 per cent of his hit-ups should have been penalised, with Fifita failing to play the ball correctly on multiple occasions.
MAP: Where the Blues fans are coming from
NO MORE: Klemmer may stay away from agents

Of the 12 times the Blues enforcer had to play the ball, he failed to reach the NRL standards six times, making no effort to roll the ball with his foot.
bc1497f7edcdb2b74b3dfb3f887e39a2

Fifita often makes no attempt to play the ball with his foot.
According to the NRL’s own guidelines, a player must make a genuine attempt to play the ball with the foot.
Fifita has attracted condemnation for this tactic, with Queensland legend Gorden Tallis calling for referees to crack down on the monster forward in Game Two on Wednesday night.
While it would not have changed the result in Game One, Tallis says it is a common theme within Fifita’s game and it gives his teams — both Cronulla and NSW — a massive advantage.
“He’s taken it to a whole new level,” Tallis said.
378fee4372ef171fb2b527a63d19570f

Will the referees take a stand in Game II?
“Sometimes it doesn’t even go underneath his leg. It’s the quickest play-the-ball in the game.
“You have to make an effort … The advantage it gives his team is unbelievable.
“Origin is the showpiece of our game. As much as you like to say refereeing is different at that level, it shouldn’t be different.
“The referees should be applauded for their effort in Game One but they need to watch this.
“If every other player starts doing it, it’s a bad look for the game.”
f06bcd42a76fb0d03e293a35fd4dab4a

Fifita is well known for his questionable work around the ruck.
The Sharks prop was NSW’s most damaging player in Game One.
Queensland is so wary of what he can produce again, that they trained with a special focus on him.
At their first full session on the Gold Coast, the Maroons went through a drill where they had one of their forwards pretending to run as Fifita.
The likes of Dylan Napa and Josh McGuire would don a white bib and run as if they were the Blues forward, allowing Queensland to practice how they would shut him down.
b1c495bbdf62b920c2d4743feb5d569d

Fifita is effectively cheating.
Utility Michael Morgan said afterwards that the team weren’t prepared for the impact he brought in Origin I but would not make that mistake this time around.
“We didn’t go into it singling him out,” Morgan said of Game One.
“We’d be silly not to do a bit of preparation on him as an individual (this time).
“He really stood out in Game One … He’s got really good footwork, he’s a different shape body and is hard to handle.
“It’s taking nothing away from their other forwards but the drill (yesterday) was just to make sure we’re clicked into what’s going on.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/725b117e3f4854846103a24d1a6e6721

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lol what a rubbish story. You'd have 100 penalties a game if refs started to enforce that rule, it's not unique to fafita.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Lol what a rubbish story. You'd have 100 penalties a game if refs started to enforce that rule, it's not unique to fafita.
I still think they need to crack down on the rule, It is a fundamental that kids get taught these days

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
Selfish prick, you know that bold part is never gonna happen...
It is as reasonably foreseeable as the one whom l can not name sticking to his word.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah read this story this morning and even though it's true it's sad in a way. This is the kind of story the DT would sink to except about Qld and how we always break the rules during our 8 year reign.
I thought exactly this. It's got the smell of a Buzz Rothfield story.

Active Now

• Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.