OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

All time great? Interesting.

I'd take Locky and JT over JT and Cronk.

I didn't say the all time great.

Any sane person would take Locky and JT, but JT and Cronk has turned out to be, imo, one of QLD's best. Top Three.

1. Locky/JT
2. Alf/Wally
3. JT/Cronk

I didn't say the all time great.

Any sane person would take Locky and JT, but JT and Cronk has turned out to be, imo, one of QLD's best. Top Three.

1. Locky/JT
2. Alf/Wally
3. JT/Cronk

I think people sell Murray and Lewis short. They had a lot of success and Murray was great like Cronk at knowing his role and doing it perfectly.

Alf wouldn't have taken Murray's spot off him in 87 if he hadn't glassed himself.

I think people sell Murray and Lewis short. They had a lot of success and Murray was great like Cronk at knowing his role and doing it perfectly.

Alf wouldn't have taken Murray's spot off him in 87 if he hadn't glassed himself.

With the Alf/Wally combo, some of it is nostalgia for what went before with Wal, and some of it for what was to come with Alf, and you're right, but NSW had some success prior to Alf's run.

I think anyone from Melbourne should be referred to as the Best Of All Time, not the Greatest Of All Time. That way they can be reffered to as the BOAT.
They will go down as the greatest ever in the history books. No not those books, the 2nd set they keep.

@Morkel Hastings has already left you drongo.

Or Cornescue hadn't wrestled him from behind

**** the play the ball the thing that really pisses me off is not playing it on the mark.

Players will fight in the ruck constantly and if they don't get a penalty for dropping it cold they end up 2m to the side or in front of where they're meant to be playing it, instantly throwing the markers out of position and giving the dummy half an immediate advantage.
I want to like this a dozen times !!! It's not the players fault, it's the gutless and stupid refereeing ranks. I want to see the tackled player STOP barging forward during the play the ball, jesus it shits me and it's even more annoying when the tackler(s) get penalised for a situation created by the offensive player moving off the mark and pushing forward ...not to mention that they are gaining ground illegally.

Last edited:
**** the play the ball the thing that really pisses me off is not playing it on the mark.

Players will fight in the ruck constantly and if they don't get a penalty for dropping it cold they end up 2m to the side or in front of where they're meant to be playing it, instantly throwing the markers out of position and giving the dummy half an immediate advantage.

It's something that slowly crept back into the game and now it's out of control.

They used to penalize that, playing the ball off the mark. We got penalized for it quite a few times, Hodges was the main culprit.

They need to crack down on it because I've seen players get up and walk 3-4 metres before playing the ball and the ref just stands there and does nothing. And because of that, defenders and especially markers, are being caught offside and they are the ones being punished.

It's something that slowly crept back into the game and now it's out of control.

They used to penalize that, playing the ball off the mark. We got penalized for it quite a few times, Hodges was the main culprit.

They need to crack down on it because I've seen players get up and walk 3-4 metres before playing the ball and the ref just stands there and does nothing. And because of that, defenders and especially markers, are being caught offside and they are the ones being punished.
The refs justify the lack of action by yelling ' shortened it shortened it ' which is only 50% of the problem with a solution of sorts. What it doesn't address is the mess in the play the ball. Making them stand up, penalise the marker for crowding, pushing, laying on of hands but ffs, don't allow the offensive player to take a millimeter they haven't earned. Clean this shit up and the flow on benefits will be enormous in terms of a spectacle.

I reckon they don't even need to penalise the team in possession to fix it. Just don't penalise markers for not being square if the bloke walks off the mark.
They'll pretty quickly stop doing it if the markers have a free run at the dummy half every tackle.

I reckon they don't even need to penalise the team in possession to fix it. Just don't penalise markers for not being square if the bloke walks off the mark.
They'll pretty quickly stop doing it if the markers have a free run at the dummy half every tackle.

This!

Also has anyone noticed how quick they are calling held now. In the cowboys game Tlollol was still making ground and they stopped him

Could you imagine how the game would be if the refs actually officiated every rule properly with the way some teams play the game these days. There would be 200 penalties a game.

Some teams have taken the whole "bending the rules" thing way too far. The NRL need to step in. The game is getting beyond a joke. The NRL's fascination with speeding the game up is the culprit.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.