Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Confirmation from Bennett today of the team that'll play tomorrow night.

5. Corey Allan
2. Xavier Coates*
4. Dane Gagai
21. Brenko Lee
1. Valentine Holmes
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Christian Welch
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
3. Kurt Capewell
11. Felise Kaufusi
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Harry Grant
12. Jaydn Su'A
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Jai Arrow

* = Edrick Lee if Xavier Coates doesn't pass his fitness test tomorrow, has a groin injury.
where did he say this?

That’s not as bad a team as the media makes out. In fact the only way they could lose is if the Blues cheat. I reckon no matter what the score ends up being we should all tweet WE WON! over and over.

We demand the refs do a RECOUNT of the scoreboard, and disregard any points scored whilst spectators were too far away to fairly adjudicate.

Agree. I'm low key hoping that Coates withdraws, because I think Edrick is a much better winger right now.

A back 5 of Allan, E.Lee, Gagai, B.Lee & Holmes is actually exciting across the board.
Lee does the little things better and so he should, he has a lot more experience. Tons of fans will probably hate it but all they just see acrobatic shit from oats and think he’s a superstar. Typical, his manager will probably demand a massive raise now...

where did he say this?

No clue, it was in an article on NRL.com -

Agree.

Holmes offers very little in ball playing ability. Allen demonstrated some ability this year in backline moves with the Bunnies.

Holmes - over-rated as fullback, but a great winger.
It's going to be fascinating to watch how NSW handle it because typically teams will kick to the weaker kick returning Winger and try to keep the Fullback out of the kick return equation, especially at Origin level where the Fullback tends to be pretty elite, but in this instance Queensland have two very strong Wingers and arguably their weakest kick return option will be the Fullback so it'll be interesting to see what Cleary does with that.

Coates has been ruled out according to Badel.

Edrick Lee to make his debut on the wing.

Coates has been ruled out according to Badel.

Edrick Lee to make his debut on the wing.

Yup. Team is locked in now -

5. Corey Allan
19. Edrick Lee
4. Dane Gagai
21. Brenko Lee
1. Valentine Holmes
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Christian Welch
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
3. Kurt Capewell
11. Felise Kaufusi
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Harry Grant
12. Jaydn Su'A
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Jai Arrow

As mentioned, those numbers are doing my head in!

As mentioned, those numbers are doing my head in!
Here you go fren

1. Corey Allan
2. Edrick Lee
3. Dane Gagai
4. Brenko Lee
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Christian Welch
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Harry Grant
15. Jaydn Su'A
16. Lindsay Collins
17. Jai Arrow

Can anyone else recall a series that was so severely impacted by injuries and player outages?

The more bizarre thing for Queensland is that it's not even just a case of the short turnarounds causing player outages because nearly all the guys they've lost have generally been long term injuries that would have ruled them out of even a normal Origin series over 6-8 weeks.

This reminds me of 2006 game 3. That game had players like Wesser, Hannay and Schifcofske, who you'd never even consider in a full strength side. Mogg too, though he actually surprised many, like Capewell I guess. Similar to the Lee bros and Coates (mostly because he's still very raw) and possible Allen this year, only QLD has even less backline options now even at full strength.

Last edited:
Is this the first time the Broncos haven't had a player in the Qld team? (excluding the super league days & pre 88)

Is this the first time the Broncos haven't had a player in the Qld team? (excluding the super league days & pre 88)

Can we claim Allan, Su'A, Gagai, Arrow and Collins?

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • RodF
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.