Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Is this the first time the Broncos haven't had a player in the Qld team? (excluding the super league days & pre 88)

Pretty sad times. Qld’s flagship rugby league club doesn’t have any origin reps except for a first year rookie who could hardly crack the first grade side.

I don't think that's fair.

Brisbane wanted to keep Collins and Arrow but both were offered better deals. It's also taken Collins years to become a regular first grader. Brisbane weren't as keen on Allan, but he chased the opportunity to start in first grade and even that didn't come to fruition. He impressed towards the end of the year but his selection in the Maroons squad is absolutely out of desperation.

Gagai was let go because of disciplinary reasons.

Su'A was the only player let go, and you can blame Seibs and Fifita for that.

How many origin debuts have Queensland handed out this series (if this current team line up is the one that plays on the night)

10 so far.

On track for 14.

Brimson, Coates, Capewell, Sami, Friend, Fa'asuamaleaui, Collins, Su'A, Lui, Fotuaika, Allan*, E. Lee*, B. Lee* and Grant*.

Last edited:
For comparison's sakes

2001 - 12
Tuqiri, Wagon, Campion, Buttigieg, Civoniceiva, Meyers, Doyle, Walker, Beattie, Webb, Carlaw, Fien

Campion represented Queensland in Super League, which doesn't count as Origin.

1995 - 9
O'Davis, D. Moore, Sing, Lam, Bartrim, Hearn, Cook, Ikin, Teevan

NSW in 1989 had 14.
C. Johns, Daley, Fenech, Cartwright, Clyde, Lazarus, Alexander, Kelly, McGuire, Mackay, Wilson, Geyer, Matterson and Blake

It was Gibson's last gift to Rugby League. Took over NSW for two series, in his first he blooded all these talented up and coming players and went down 3-0. Returns in 1990 and has the series wrapped up by Game II.

He wasn't finished blooding players that series either, NSW in 1990 had 8 debutants.

Wishart, Walford, Stuart, Roberts, G. Lyons, Toovey, Fittler and Sargent.

A fair contingent, at least half of them went onto have stellar Origin careers.

Last edited:
For comparison's sakes

2001 - 12
Tuqiri, Wagon, Campion, Buttigieg, Civoniceiva, Meyers, Doyle, Walker, Beattie, Webb, Carlaw, Fien

Campion represented Queensland in Super League, which doesn't count as Origin.

1995 - 9
O'Davis, D. Moore, Sing, Lam, Bartrim, Hearn, Cook, Ikin, Teevan

NSW in 1989 had 14.
C. Johns, Daley, Fenech, Cartwright, Clyde, Lazarus, Alexander, Kelly, McGuire, Mackay, Wilson, Geyer, Matterson and Blake

It was Gibson's last gift to Rugby League. Took over NSW for two series, in his first he blooded all these talented up and coming players and went down 3-0. Returns in 1990 and has the series wrapped up by Game II.

He wasn't finished blooding players that series either, NSW in 1990 had 8 debutants.

Wishart, Walford, Stuart, Roberts, G. Lyons, Toovey, Fittler and Sargent.

A fair contingent, at least half of them went onto have stellar Origin careers.
I was going to ask if you knew how it compares but I thought that would’ve been asking too much. Great work, mate. It’s appreciated.

Tonight's game will mark the first time since 1997 (SL season) that the Qld side is Bronco free. First time ever in a unified comp (since 1988 obviously) or the debacle of 1995. Probably a good thing considering the club's current status.

Last edited:
Tonight's game will mark the first time since 1997 (SL season) that the Qld side is Bronco free. First time ever in a unified comp (since 1988 obviously) or the debacle of 1995. Probably a good thing considering the club's current status.

No one deserves to be there, so yeah it is a fair indication of the rubbish that was this season. Not even Coates deserved to be there.

I think they missed a trick leaving Pat Carrigan out of the side. I'd much rather Pat than Lui.

Lui isn't in the side either.

Bench will be Grant, Su'A, Collins & Arrow, and I wouldn't have him in ahead of any of those, doesn't provide enough impact.

Pat should be in there.

Who you leaving out? I think this is our strongest pack we've fielded, I couldn't leave out any of the guys we've selected based on how they've performed so far.

8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Grant
15. Su'A
16. Collins
17. Arrow

Welch, Papalii, Fa'asuamaleaui, Collins & Arrow have all been very good so far in the middle this series. Capewell, Kaufusi & Su'A have all performed well above what was expected of them as well.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.