Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The aftermath of the arrow tackle looked ordinary at best but in his defence I don't think he knew Teddy had been knocked out until he pushed him into the ground.
I think he just thought he'd knocked the ball loose and was letting him know then realised he was injured and stuck his hand up.

I'll give Arrow the benefit of the doubt for now.

The send off was fair and similar to Hughes in the GF but how the **** does Frizell not get at least a penalty for doing the same thing against Munster. It was in a scoring position but just a bit earlier in the chase so not as blatant but very deliberate .
The NRL need to get some clarity on this .
Yeah you can see Arrow become immediately concerned the second he realises and instantly raises his hand for a trainer. Players on both sides in origin have been doing that after every big impact for decades. Arrow got unlucky that his timing made him look like a massive gronk.

The aftermath of the arrow tackle looked ordinary at best but in his defence I don't think he knew Teddy had been knocked out until he pushed him into the ground.
I think he just thought he'd knocked the ball loose and was letting him know then realised he was injured and stuck his hand up.

I'll give Arrow the benefit of the doubt for now.

The send off was fair and similar to Hughes in the GF but how the **** does Frizell not get at least a penalty for doing the same thing against Munster. It was in a scoring position but just a bit earlier in the chase so not as blatant but very deliberate .
The NRL need to get some clarity on this .

The answer is simple - colour of jersey.

9a86a5af3aef022ed6c4ed2b83b62a42.jpg

Those numbers were almost better in a single game than Milford's numbers for the entire 2020 season.

Honestly to just dismiss it as 'one try assist' suggests you didn't actually watch the game or you're simply looking to be contrarian, because Munster in the tackle prior to that busted them open and kicked and regathered twice to get us the whole way down the field. He literally created the whole thing out of nothing. He was epic tonight, and whilst it may not have been 10/10, he was all over NSW all night and without him Queensland simply don't win. If you genuinely can't see that then frankly you just don't get Rugby League.

Those numbers were almost better in a single game than Milford's numbers for the entire 2020 season.

Honestly to just dismiss it as 'one try assist' suggests you didn't actually watch the game or you're simply looking to be contrarian, because Munster in the tackle prior to that busted them open and kicked and regathered twice to get us the whole way down the field. He literally created the whole thing out of nothing. He was epic tonight, and whilst it may not have been 10/10, he was all over NSW all night and without him Queensland simply don't win. If you genuinely can't see that then frankly you just don't get Rugby League.
Cometh the moment , cometh the Munster! .

I've come around about on the Corey Allan debut - I think he was good overall. The errors in the first half let him down, but we can put that down to nerves. If Holmes didn't have soap on his hands he would've had 2, if not 3 try assists. Ran for 160 odd metres and was heavily involved in our attack all night, never shied away from the action. Respectable debut from the young man.

Congrats Qld ,outstanding performance . I thought Josh Papali was their series consistent best , possibly at his fittest ever , playing i think his best football ever, terrific footballer . The inclusion of Harry Grant and the Munster back brought the X factor to the Qld game. All the forwards really held their own , and gave them that go forward , that really kept them in it, and were solid in dominating defence, and thus dominated the game . If Val Homes could only hold on to more of what they throw at him, it's a flogging. Well coached Wayne Bennett, with so many debutants and a short turn around ,but to be fair Brad Fittler your team looked good on paper, yes great selections but Qld just bring that something else , and WE love it . Great entertaining game , a well deserved win , and a fitting end to a shit year .

Well that win can go into the Origin folklore book, right up there with 1980, 1995, 2001 and 2006.

Queensland always, ALWAYS do their best work when their backs are furthest up against the wall and tonight and this series in general were no exception. Make no mistake, this probably WAS the worst team Queensland have ever sent out, but something magic happens to players when they put on that Maroon jersey.

I know this would be incredibly hard to swallow for NSW fans, but the truth is that once you remove the parochialism and rivalry, there is no way to not see this as simply brilliant for Origin and Rugby League in general. Factually speaking, NSW have simply got an embarrassment of riches in playing talent, and they almost always do by sheer weight of playing depth. Even when Queensland won 8 in a row and had a handful of all time greats playing at the same time, NSW still started plenty of those series as favourites, sometimes by wide margins, because across a whole 17 or an entire squad for a series, they just have such a wide pool of talent to select from.

This year, that talent gap was as wide as I can honestly ever recall. Queensland have had skinny depth before, but this was on an unprecedented level at a time when for Queensland even at full strength, NSW already had a vastly superior team on paper. Queensland all series have relied on guys who were lucky to be selected in their NRL 17's, let alone Origin squads, but what makes Origin special is what Queenslanders do when they put that magic jumper on.

Being bluntly honest, if NSW win all the series that they start as favourites for or are supposed to win on paper, they'd have won just about every series since 1980. But something magic happens when players pull on that Queensland jumper and for more than 40 years now they've been turning up and managing to produce much, much more than the sum of their parts.

I know this might be a painful truth for NSW, but people should never forget that this bit of magic from Queensland is what makes Origin the amazing spectacle it is. It's David vs Goliath and Queensland so often make use of that magic Maroon slingshot to produce stunning upsets that keep Origin alive and competitive all these years when on paper it so often has had no right to be.

I honestly think sometimes that NSWmen secretly want QLD to win to keep Origin interesting. How else can you explain the amount of sheer arrogance and throw away lines to fire us up year after year when they know it inevitably backfires?

Paul Gallen knew what he was doing with that ‘worst ever’ line. He was trying to fire QLD up to make the series interesting after NSW won the last 2. Origin is never as good when the favourite and the team with the biggest talent pool win continuously. Healthy competition is good competition.

It is why heading into 2006 there were calls that Origin was dead when it looked like a 4 peat was on for NSW. There is this myth that NSWmen will have you believe it was us QLDers who were proclaiming Origin was dead because we were sore losers, but you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of that noise initially was coming from down south because they were winning those series easily with their talent poll and the series was becoming predictable and boring.

Gus, Gallen and the likes are obviously hurting and pissed off that they loss, but that doesn’t hide the fact they deep down they know this is the shot in the arm the concept needed to keep it interesting and to keep the hate alive between states. You only have to watch the way Gus talks about us over the years to know he has a deep appreciation of us and what we achieve at Origin level.

I thought Sutton did pretty well to keep the set restarts to a minimum last night and the game was much better for it, the set restarts that were given seemed to be mostly at the start of the sets as well so they didn't really have a huge effect on the outcome................. and that's how it should be, there should never be a big long string of repeated set restarts like was on show in the NRL games this year.

The game is a 1000 times better without this stupid rule having such a heavy impact on the result.

Collins was huge coming off the bench the entire series. Every time he has come on, he changed the momentum. He is tough, no nonsense, hard running and only knows one way.

Queensland has been lacking someone like him for a few years now. He is everything Napa should of been. Great series from him, and I look forward to him becoming a real forward leader for Queensland down the track.

Collins was huge coming off the bench the entire series. Every time he has come on, he changed the momentum. He is tough, no nonsense, hard running and only knows one way.

Queensland has been lacking someone like him for a few years now. He is everything Napa should of been. Great series from him, and I look forward to him becoming a real forward leader for Queensland down the track.
the new Nate Myles imo.

1. Ponga
6. Munster
7. DCE
9. Grant

How good does this spine look if everyone is playing at their best? Well, not as good as when we had Thurston, Smith, Lockyer and co, but that's a way better recovery than I was thinking we were going to get. DCE probably only has 2, 3 at most years in him, but by that stage hopefully someone like Dearden or Walker stands up.

The forward pack is looking great has plenty of years in them too. I don't even know how Carrigan breaks into the side, sorry @Wolfie. Things are looking good for QLD again, just need some backs to come through as well.

He will get in because he is inevitable.

I thought Sutton did pretty well to keep the set restarts to a minimum last night and the game was much better for it, the set restarts that were given seemed to be mostly at the start of the sets as well so they didn't really have a huge effect on the outcome................. and that's how it should be, there should never be a big long string of repeated set restarts like was on show in the NRL games this year.

The game is a 1000 times better without this stupid rule having such a heavy impact on the result.

Yeah there were a couple of head scratching decisions but they did go both ways, so as long as it is fairly consistent, that is you can really ask for.

I've come around about on the Corey Allan debut - I think he was good overall. The errors in the first half let him down, but we can put that down to nerves. If Holmes didn't have soap on his hands he would've had 2, if not 3 try assists. Ran for 160 odd metres and was heavily involved in our attack all night, never shied away from the action. Respectable debut from the young man.
Bit of a mixed bag, but hardly the worst debut by a long way. His effort was excellent and I'm fine with him being the support act for the very strong kick return games of his two top shelf Wingers in Holmes and Gagai. Honestly his finishing off of backline moves was great for a rookie and as you said only Holmes hands denied him a string of Try Assists.

Realistically he's behind both Ponga and Brimson in the long run, but if he can come back to the Broncos and chip away at his game he might still prove a capable Origin standard player down the track.

Last edited:
Anyone catch Kevvie and Parker’s post match interview. Funny af
Just watched online now, absolutely brilliant. Might be my rose coloured glasses but seeing Kevvie react like that is why i have hope that he can turn this pea hearted self entitled bunch of broncos he's incharge of into a passionate hard working footy team.

If there's anyone the Broncos need on their team side right now its a bloke who on live TV will yell in the opposition's face "GET OUTTA HERE, THIS IS OUR PARTY". Kevvie wearing his heart on his sleeve. Love it.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.