Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I’d be happy with him working the excess quarter pounders off first.

As the seasons have gone by, the bloke has looked less like 2015 Milford and more like Maitua Feterika.

At least she played hard.
View attachment 10581
Tenor202

The evolution of Harry Grant has been tremendous to watch. His form in 2018-2019 was outstanding but he still had limitations particularly in 2018.

I thought he was a second rower playing hooker, he was robust and had a beautiful pass a bit like S. Walters but he attacked like a second rower. I thought his future might be away from hooker.

That probably helped him last night, he played two roles and did them both well.

Then 2019 and his attack under Eric Smith went to another level he went from five try assists to 21. He maintained his excellent defence but added 30m a game to his attack and nearly got it to 100m a game. Improving from eight tries to 14 but the assists were the big one.

He became a very good 'red flag' player. He knew when to run and how to run. To come off the bench last night and play two roles and sum up the situation straight away and have a massive impact was unbelievable.

Four players from Hodges' Under 20's team in 2018 made their debut this year- Brimson, Grant, Tino and Allan. Carrigan was captain.

In that Under 20's camp and the two years of ISC I had a lot to do with Grant and he was just a champion and still is, I spoke to him this week and he is just great to have around teams he is going to be a Queensland leader.

Last edited:
Kev is so likeable. I really hope his passion is contagious and our group of plodders can start playing like a football team.
Don't worry. Things will be just fine. Back in the eight next year but we will be short a couple of experienced hard nuts until 2022.

The evolution of Harry Grant has been tremendous to watch. His form in 2018-2019 was outstanding but he still had limitations particularly in 2018.

I thought he was a second rower playing hooker, he was robust and had a beautiful pass a bit like S. Walters but he attacked like a second rower. I thought his future might be away from hooker.

That probably helped him last night, he played two roles and did them both well.

Then 2019 and his attack under Eric Smith went to another level he went from five try assists to 21. He maintained his excellent defence but added 30m a game to his attack and nearly got it to 100m a game. Improving from eight tries to 14 but the assists were the big one.

He became a very good 'red flag' player. He knew when to run and how to run. To come off the bench last night and play two roles and sum up the situation straight away and have a massive impact was unbelievable.

Four players from Hodges' Under 20's team in 2018 made their debut this year- Brimson, Grant, Tino and Allan. Carrigan was captain.

In that Under 20's camp and the two years of ISC I had a lot to do with Grant and he was just a champion and still is, I spoke to him this week and he is just great to have around teams he is going to be a Queensland leader.
Surely he’s too small to be a decent second row?

NSW media blowing up over the crowd booing Cleary when he was called on stage.

Seriously? They are complaining that a NSW was booed by a crowd in QLD? Fucking hell..

For me, the issue here is hypocrisy. NSW booed Wally, it's no different.
But the actual act of booing a player just because he is the opposition Captain, really is nothing more than really bad sportsmanship and honestly shithouse behaviour.
Yes, boo the hell out of Gallen when he played, but not because he is the NSW captain, but because he is a world class grub.
But Cleary? He plays the game fairly and doesn't deserve to be booed just because the colour of his shirt.

But the actual act of booing a player just because he is the opposition Captain, really is nothing more than really bad sportsmanship and honestly shithouse behaviour.
Yes, boo the hell out of Gallen when he played, but not because he is the NSW captain, but because he is a world class grub.
But Cleary? He plays the game fairly and doesn't deserve to be booed just because the colour of his shirt.

Very soft take.

He does deserve to be booed because of the colour of his shirt, that's the whole point. No love lost in Origin.

As if Paul Gallen never got booéd as the losing captain at Lang Park. Lol.

---
Upon rewatch, I am absolutely gobsmacked by our linespeed, led by Papalii. He was a king among men out there. The line speed did not die down either until probably the 70th minute. Because Once Papa & Welch went off, Arrow & Collins stood up. Even Friend, Grant, DCE & Munster were all exceptional at getting up and choking off the Blues attack. It was a masterclass in winning a game using your defense. Epic stuff.
Our Bench rotation was top shelf. NSW absolutely bottled this aspect of their campaign and it arguably was a major factor in costing them the series.

This really does highlight how critical top level coaching and strategy is in Origin and perhaps shows Fittler up for the coaching myth he probably is in this regard.

Very soft take.

He does deserve to be booed because of the colour of his shirt, that's the whole point. No love lost in Origin.
Happens in both states every single year. You wouldn't be able to find an instance where it hasn't happened.

Those NSW ***** booed Wally when it was an international game and he was the captain of Australia!!

The fuckwits !!

Its origin....no love lost!!

This dickhead seriously needs to be screened for CTE

He is right, though.

QLD won the series, but it doesn't change the fact that this is arguably the weakest team QLD has fielded in the 40 year history. It's most definitely the weakest team we've fielded in the past 15-20 years.

When you compare this team to the teams in the past, they were better teams.

It says a lot about NSW that they were beaten by such a team.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Justwin
  • LittleDavey
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • Rah88
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.