Game III Queensland Origin team

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF are we gonna do next year when JT, Cronk, Smith and Slater all retire after winning the series this year????

Macca, Milf, Munster and Boyd

I know it would be a big gamble for a decider but I would put munster in 5/8th. It would be the storm spine so he should fit right in plus he is tough as nails. It wont matter JT will play imo
Yeah, I'm a big Munster fan. Kid's got something. Would be perfect in Origin.

WTF are we gonna do next year when JT, Cronk, Smith and Slater all retire after winning the series this year????

Slater and Smith both confirmed they are going around next year.

How is Slater still so damn quick at 34? It's incredible! Most league players at that age have lost almost all their pace.

How is Slater still so damn quick at 34? It's incredible! Most league players at that age have lost almost all their pace.

You look at Cronk last night in the Blues 3rd try.

Cronk had a head start on Pearce, but Pearce still burned him and left him for dead.. And just last year this is the guy that chased down Tedesco.

How Slater has managed to keep his speed, it's remarkable really.

You look at Cronk last night in the Blues 3rd try.

Cronk had a head start on Pearce, but Pearce still burned him and left him for dust.. And just last year this is the guy that chased down Tedesco.

How Slater has managed to keep his speed, it's remarkable really.
I believe Cronk should've been closer when Tedesco passed to Pearce

It looks like Thurston will be right for Game 3.

The shoulder pulled up better than he expected and there is no structural damage. He said that it was a cork that caused a bit of swelling. He should be right.

It's gonna take massive heart to win game 3 if we're missing Boyd and potentially Thurston.

Seriously. I know you have an extreme dislike for the guy, but he would walk on to a majority of teams in the NRL.
DCE's biggest problem is that he isn't a team player. Its either do thing his way or don't do them at all. He wont be the big dog in the origin team. Not with Smith, Slater & Cronk there. He may be the big dog at Manly but he is fucking useless if his forwards aren't going forward and some of the manly performance this year show this. He works well with Foran and Green because they take a backseat to him and only chime in when needed. Partnering him with Cronk is partnering two dominant halves. Cronk is the mastermind of the attack for setting structures up and Thurston plays whats in front of him. Its a strategy that works well.

DCE had that issue last time, yes, one can only assume that he's grown and improved as a player since his last game with Cronk, you know, as most Halves do (Apart from Hunt..)

As I said, couldn't care less, don't really like any of the players we're discussing, I just want the win. Don't think we're winning game 3 with Morgan / Munster starting in the halves.

Can Holmes play centre to cover Boyd? Or is that a big no no? That way Oates be return to the wing.

Can Holmes play centre to cover Boyd? Or is that a big no no? That way Oates be return to the wing.

Nah, he isn't a centre.

I would have Morgan or Munster there.

Munster to center for me. He's got a left arm carry, good ball player, loves to get in and do the work, is a great ball runner and also loves the physical contact.

Seems like a no brainer to me

Munster to center for me. He's got a left arm carry, good ball player, loves to get in and do the work, is a great ball runner and also loves the physical contact.

Seems like a no brainer to me

Munster can play off the bench.
Morgan showed enough last night at centre to earn him starting spot in the centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrRobot
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.