Game III teams

I'm off the wagon too.

He'll probably get a game off the bench under the pretense that he operates better off-the-cuff but this was a do or die game for him and he's basically the Mitchell Pearce of Queensland.

Get that into ya.

The Mitchell Pearce of Queensland

I was never on the wagon and now I'm so far off it I'm in another state... Which coincidentally is where I wish cherry evans was. Get him as far away from this team as possible

Napa for Lillyman, virtually anyone for DCE and Morgan, but hopefully Cronk comes back and Hunt makes the bench.

I'm off the wagon too.

He'll probably get a game off the bench under the pretense that he operates better off-the-cuff but this was a do or die game for him and he's basically the Mitchell Pearce of Queensland.

Get that into ya.

The Mitchell Pearce of Queensland
Harsh, but fair! :takdir:

Did anyone else read Gus' article on the game?

It's typical NSW boasting but he makes a fair point. Long term, last night's performance said a lot more about NSW future of success than it did Queensland.

However, I see a lot more improvement in the Maroons heading into Game III.

For starters, if Cronk can return that will be huge because he provides the Maroons with so much direction and is so reliable in defence. DCE was a target last night and it caused Queensland all sorts of headaches.

I also expect to see better games from the likes of Chambers and Scott who came up with some very ordinary plays.

Finally, I can see the bench being utilised better. While Gillett getting the nod ahead of Morgan was the right idea, keeping Morgan on when the Maroons were defending set after set proved to be a real turning point for the Maroons and represented another reason why going for the two was so stupid.

I saw a theory that the Maroons took the two because they had nothing else but that just seems so bogus to me. They just never assumed control at any stage and that period represented a real escalation in the game where Queensland could really put the exclamation point on a segment that they were fairing better.

Instead they walk away with two points, Scott misses a tackle he had no right to miss and it's a completely different game.

So I can see a lot of improvement in this squad but I believe this series will mark the swansong of more than Justin Hodges.

Plus, I don't think Queensland will be facing the same mental hurdles *knock on wood* that they had to at the MCG. To have a winning play like GI's taken off of them and be marched back 90m was just mentally draining and it just zapped so much out of the Maroons. Whether the call was right or wrong, I doubt we'll see another instance of that in Game III.

Last edited:
In reality dce will be there... Smith coming out anointing him as the next fucking captain makes it hard to drop him..

If Slater is out, this would be my team:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Chambers
6. Cronk/Hunt
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt/Milford
15. Myles
16. Gillett
17. Papalii

If Slater is out, this would be my team:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Chambers
6. Cronk/Hunt
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt/Milford
15. Myles
16. Gillett
17. Papalii
I am right with you on this team Des. I think McGuire needs to start and Napa or Papali needs to come in.

Well at least I hope you are Des Morris!!!

My thoughts on the game 3 team.

Slater - is clear not right, so i think we should leave him out of the side. Move GI to the back, to give him some more room.

Hunt - both DCE and Morgan have been ordinary. And i think Hunt offers more than both of them. The biggest reason people wanted DCE instead of Hunt was kicking gane... But DCE's was woeful in game 2. It's time for Hunt to debut.

Cronk - we desperately need him back. You don't realise how much he means to the team until he is gone.

Chambers - I'm not a big fan of him, but I'm not sure we have anyone better for a wing spot.

Napa - I'd love to see him debut in place of Lillyman

My team for game 3:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Gagai
4. Hodges
5. Chambers
6. Thurston
7. Cronk :pray:
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gurrera
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Gillett
17. Napa

Napa for Lillyman, virtually anyone for DCE and Morgan, but hopefully Cronk comes back and Hunt makes the bench.

We definitely need Napa / Papalii. Klemmer just has so much mongrel and we need someone to match that. Our bench offers no impact at the moment. Im surprised at how little energy and aggression mcguire shows, but thats not to say i think he has been bad, he hasnt, just lacked aggression.

Woods seems one of the least aggressive forwards in Origin, but he's been killing it. He's got that psycho thing going though, he could get hit in the face, but he'd get up smiling.

mal's pick and stick trick has gone stale. for the love of god why is lillyman in the team? i didn't even know he was still playing nrl. Being a decider though, mal won't change his way now, if cronk is fit then DCE will slot straight back into that utility role which is an absolute disaster as he is so slow and weak. We need mongrel passion and strength off the bench to match NSW's young blood.

Ben Hunt needs to be in the team, even if we lose the series... he is the future and has surpassed DCE, give him a crack ffs

Slater officially out for the season.

There goes the Origin shield for QLD.

Inglis will be fullback which means Gagai at centre.

NSW are going to have a field day.

It's possible.

But I think it's likely Mal will keep Chambers where he is.

It's possible.

But I think it's likely Mal will keep Chambers where he is.

Not likely at all. Chambers will move to centre without a doubt. The trouble now is that we've gotta hope Hodges can stay fit.

I know they'll pick Gagai who has been in good form but I reckon Valentine Holmes would do a much better job for us on the wing. A bit too early for him though. Napa or Papalii have to come in for Lillyman. Please be fit Cooper Cronk because DCE is shit.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.