Game III teams

Inglis at fullback will put more pressure on the NSW kicking game too.

They'd hardly want to give him room to bring the ball back at pace.

I'd really like to see Napa come into the side in place of Lillyman.

Nothing against Lillymans performances, but i just want to see what Napa can do if given a chance, we need some bigger, nastier bodies out there now.

I want Napa in just so he can smash Gallen again.

I like Lillyman, but I think we need Napa more than we need Lillyman. Lillyman doesn't provide that same kind of impact and doesn't have the same aggression as Napa.

Last edited:
Gagai worries me because he has been in pretty ordinary form for Newcastle. I know people would criticise picking Oates at wing but its not a bad move. He is a strong runner, has good hands, decent size about him and a bit of toe. Plus, he would be on Hodges side so the defence wouldn't be that much of a worry. I would love to see a couple of wingers stand up for the next two games and demand selection because Gagai needs to earn it and not be the only option we have. We could blood Edrick Lee who would be a game breaker in my opinion

Pretty poor form?? What the hell? Given, his defence at the back has been very questionable, but his form has been FAR from poor.
In the last 5 weeks alone (since moving to fullback) he has 2 tries, 4 try assists, 7 linebreaks, 4 line break assist and 24 tackle busts). If you think his form has been poor i really have to question the last time you watched the knights.

Edrick Lee... lol. no thanks.

I'm the biggest Edrick fan there is but he is awful defensively. he's like Uate in coming off his wing and getting caught out.

No way is he ready.

I'm the biggest Edrick fan there is but he is awful defensively. he's like Uate in coming off his wing and getting caught out.

No way is he ready.

The funny thing is, the people calling for Lee to be brought in are the same people that think Gagai's defence is useless. Ironic!

see my post, im afraid they will play morgan there.

they may also move boyd, and bring gagai in on inglis' wing. actually could work. we wouldnt have hodges and gagai defending next to each other then.

much prefer inglis at the back tho, can chime in whenever he wants then

I think there is a real chance they will play Morgan at centre. I'm not saying I agree with it but he is big, fast and defensively a better option than most others.

I dont mind if qld want to run with a bench utility, however, if no injuries occur, i think mal should just leave the utility player on the bench. Taking parker off just to bring on Morgan was absolutely stupid. Hes there to cover injuries, so let him do that and only that

IMO Mal had a perfect chance to bring Morgan on to replace D$E the other night. Cherry was stinking the place up in attack and could barely make an effective tackle.

Along with the taking of 2 points this attitude is beginning to smell like we are trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

Defensively, Gagai > Lee. So... thanks, but no thanks!
Honestly, I'd have Maranta ahead of both, and most people know how I feel about him, even if the kid deserves all the credit in the world, and is softening my stance through his hard work and improvement.

Albeit all are unproven at this level, I would go with one of Holmes, Kahu or Oates. All are full of talent, but not a liability in defense.
Vidot could also be an option if he maintains his form of late, and would be a valuable help to the forwards, but there is always the danger of the bone headed moment with him of course, and the Origin Arena is unforgivable.

I can see Mal going with Morgan at fullback though... although my fantasy would be to put Milford there, and watch him tear NSW a new one.

What I really want, is DCE out of the starting halves. I hope Cronk is back, but otherwise, please put Hunt in there!

I think Holmes is a good shout, I had him in my prospect game I side, I'm impressed with his ability after only a handful of games.

Defensively, Gagai > Lee. So... thanks, but no thanks!
Honestly, I'd have Maranta ahead of both, and most people know how I feel about him, even if the kid deserves all the credit in the world, and is softening my stance through his hard work and improvement.

Albeit all are unproven at this level, I would go with one of Holmes, Kahu or Oates. All are full of talent, but not a liability in defense.
Vidot could also be an option if he maintains his form of late, and would be a valuable help to the forwards, but there is always the danger of the bone headed moment with him of course, and the Origin Arena is unforgivable.

I can see Mal going with Morgan at fullback though... although my fantasy would be to put Milford there, and watch him tear NSW a new one.

What I really want, is DCE out of the starting halves. I hope Cronk is back, but otherwise, please put Hunt in there!

Pretty sure Holmes would tear NSW a new one but if you mean Valentine maybe in a year or 2.

If Holmes, Kahu or Oates are ahead of Gagai we are in trouble! Gagai was 18th man in game 1. If they are bringing a new player in, its safe to assume its him at this stage.

Pretty sure Holmes would tear NSW a new one but if you mean Valentine maybe in a year or 2.
Uhh... I'm not sure I follow. Is there another Holmes I don't know about? :hmmmm2:

If Holmes, Kahu or Oates are ahead of Gagai we are in trouble! Gagai was 18th man in game 1. If they are bringing a new player in, its safe to assume its him at this stage.
I don't care if he was 18th man. I don't want Gagai anywhere near the Maroons until he fixes his defensive flaws.
Any of those guys are much better in defensive terms, and are quite capable in attack as well.

Last edited:
Uhh... I'm not sure I follow. Is there another Holmes I don't know about? :hmmmm2:

sherlock-holmes-basil-rathbone.jpg

Has Oates ever had a bad game on the wing? If he played there more often over the last year or so, he would easily make the QLD side. Has Kahu pledged his allegiance to us or the Kiwis?

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

I wonder if a single fan from any other club has ever thought of picking oates for origin.

Im going to go out on a limb and say no.

Bias is a powerful thing

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • heartly87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.