Game III teams

I'd prefer Kahu, Oates, or a smokey like Holmes at wing over Gagai. His defense is among the worst in the league, and seems to be getting worse the more time he spends at FB. NSW will target him out wide if he plays. GI will, and should, play FB, although Boyd could be a chance I suppose.

Have you ever met him?

No I haven't I just meant he hasn't talked about it in the media.

I could be wrong about all this, but I just thought he would definitely align himself with NZ.

Slater out Gagai in. GI to fullback and Gagai to wing. Morgan to centers. Papali or Napa to bench. Cronk back (HopefullY) and DCE to Manly.

I do expect Hodges to be fired up for his last ever Rep game, but I am very concerned about our defence on the right edge. Jennings was rolling though us far too much.

No I haven't I just meant he hasn't talked about it in the media.

I could be wrong about all this, but I just thought he would definitely align himself with NZ.
This is all a while ago, when he was at Keebra Park... around the time Qld was compounding its superiority over NSW, and he was as fierce a maroons supporter as they come. I cannot imagine him not taking the chance if he got it.

I do expect Hodges to be fired up for his last ever Rep game, but I am very concerned about our defence on the right edge. Jennings was rolling though us far too much.
I think DCE was the primary cause for that. Both Hodges and Thaiday were all over the place in defense because of how unreliable and ineffective DCE was.

This is all a while ago, when he was at Keebra Park... around the time Qld was compounding its superiority over NSW, and he was as fierce a maroons supporter as they come. I cannot imagine him not taking the chance if he got it.

Ok well I hope he decides to play Origin because he would be great in a maroon jersey.

I hope he chooses NZ, so we don't lose him around origin time if he becomes a regular rep player.

Slater out Gagai in. GI to fullback and Gagai to wing. Morgan to centers. Papali or Napa to bench. Cronk back (HopefullY) and DCE to Manly.

uhh what? are u dropping chambers or boyd to bring gagai in?

I think DCE was the primary cause for that. Both Hodges and Thaiday were all over the place in defense because of how unreliable and ineffective DCE was.

Totally agree. While DCE didnt miss a great deal of tackles, he never made good contact and couldnt bring the player down. Someone always had to help him

[MENTION=1771]QUEENSLANDER[/MENTION], I take your point about Oates not being our regular winger but he has been excellent every time he has played there. Plus you can just tell he is a big game player and pops up at the right time. This is not a spur of the moment choice. I have long been stating we need to get some of our next gen in and he is one of the best young 'uns we've got coming through. Get him in now, he's more than good enough.

anyway, it's a moot point, he's not going to get picked but we can dream nonetheless.

There's a long way to go and there could be injuries this week or next. I don't mind the idea of Morgan to the centres. It allows for very little disruption to the side and if Cronk plays DCE keeps his bench spot, and if not, either Hunt or another forward on the bench.

11110538_855606471159481_3467982674391308199_n.jpg

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Hodges
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. McGuire
16. Papalii
17. Napa

We NEED Napa and Papa. We need the mongrel off the bench, both can deliver a big hit and Papa can break it open in attack.

This for mine is the best team, despite my reservations about Gagai's defence. Maybe Morgan.

I also think Inglis at FB is the ideal choice. I can see him causing them so much grief all night.

Napa and Papa (lol) is also exactly the defence and attack impact we need in the middle.

Having said that, I see Mal stuck in his rut and change Cronk for DCE and put DCE on the bench for Morgan.

In any case, with Cronk playing, my view is that the Maroons will show NSW just how ordinary they really are when confronted by a class team who really want to win ... and will.

@QUEENSLANDER, I take your point about Oates not being our regular winger but he has been excellent every time he has played there. Plus you can just tell he is a big game player and pops up at the right time. This is not a spur of the moment choice. I have long been stating we need to get some of our next gen in and he is one of the best young 'uns we've got coming through. Get him in now, he's more than good enough.

anyway, it's a moot point, he's not going to get picked but we can dream nonetheless.

I agree Oates has been outstanding when he's played, but I'm not sure you could pick him over Holmes. (if we were to go to a different direction to Gagai)

I agree Oates has been outstanding when he's played, but I'm not sure you could pick him over Holmes. (if we were to go to a different direction to Gagai)

Yep, can't say I mind that. I also rate Holmes ahead of Gagai. I just really don't rate Gagai.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.