Game One

11101873_1598711190377262_7271771689956346450_n.jpg

Thanks to [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] for making me go, best game of my life.
Sat amongst the blues and yelled my lungs out at the nsw wankers all game.

My best line would of been

What is this, NEW SOFT WALES ?!?

Then getting into a scuffle outside afterwards LOL

Thanks to @Big Pete for making me go, best game of my life.
Sat amongst the blues and yelled my lungs out at the nsw wankers all game.

My best line would of been

What is this, NEW SOFT WALES ?!?

Then getting into a scuffle outside afterwards LOL

Oi, I said you were crazy not to go as well! Where's my cred?

Glad you enjoyed the game mate. Were the seats good like you hoped? No bruises from the scuffle I hope....

Oi, I said you were crazy not to go as well! Where's my cred?

Glad you enjoyed the game mate. Were the seats good like you hoped? No bruises from the scuffle I hope....

Haha true mate, kudos to the sack !

yeah I talked it up more than it was, I was walking trying to find the pisser and some bloke goes **** off ya grubby ****.
So I turn, walk up to him and say what ? Next thing I know his mate comes in and shoves me and two more come behind me, I shove the two original fellas and Basiacaly that was it.
Queenslandsrs don't take a backwards step, especially not drunk.
They walked off and said **** off not even worth it ****.

Classy bunch.

Pretty easy compared to what happened to me at an Origin in Brisbane. I got punched in the face and spat on the whole game.

Origin games have to be the most poorly reffed games. Refs won't blow their whistle if you're in the opposition half very often and the penalties they do give are ridiculous ones. When is the video ref allowed to intervene as well? Seems like they can sometimes but not at other times. It's all just random guesses.

I thought Moose played amazing. So proud of him. In fact all of our Broncos played amazing (maybe not Gillett)

Made a lot of tackles in his first stint, but didn't see much ball. Not sure if he went looking for it more in the second half, but he had a few good runs. Shame about the penalty at the very end, should never have been called though. Overall I thought he looked the part.

I thought Chambers was one of our best backs tonight.

He made some strong runs working it out of our end, he was solid defensively and he scored a crucial try.

Chambers and GI should swap positions IMO, never going to happen I know but at least Chambers would hit the line running and if we put GI on the wing he gets some room and can bring the ball back from kicks.

Overall it was a shitty game really. Exciting only because it was close but like so many first games both teams tried not to lose.
We barely had a second phase play all game.

I was very happy the refs didn't cost us the game especially after that first try was overturned, the Farrah knock on wasn't acted on but the Qld (Slater contested bomb) was tipped to the refs. FMD you either check them all or let the refs call it, don't pick and choose.

Origin games have to be the most poorly reffed games. Refs won't blow their whistle if you're in the opposition half very often and the penalties they do give are ridiculous ones. When is the video ref allowed to intervene as well? Seems like they can sometimes but not at other times. It's all just random guesses.

Only reportable offences apparently. They shouldn't have gone to the video ref for that knock on ruling against Slater but the blues whinged and sooked so much the refs gave in. Patten would've loved to jump in for blues anyway.

Was very impressed with Morgan ,in particular one tackle that absolutely rattled the shit out of the New South Wales player. I'll watch the replay for when it happened but I think it was in the second half. McGuire did a good job, Parker was outstanding and Hodges was fairly good without being spectacular. Great work from the forwards but one guy got us a lot of metres and that was Chambers. Great result but cost me a few bucks...never mind , just got another massive pay rise so, happy days.

I attended the match live tonight as well - my first ever league match I have seen live. It was a great match and the atmosphere was good, though I must admit it was a bit lacklustre to what I was expecting (though hard to compare given I have never attended a match before).

I will have to watch a replay to get a better feel for the game, but some initial thoughts.
- Hodges and Chambers were absolutely fantastic, Hodges in particular was in everything and making plenty of metres
- Boyd wasn't great and was probably a bit underdone. Inglis was downright terrible and aweful - he clearly was still sick from the tonsillitis and the lack of training showed. I'm pretty sure inglis contributed to NSWs 2nd try and bombed a try early in the second half with a poor pass to an unmarked Boyd. That knee injury of his is prob not helping either
- Scott and McGuire seemed to make plenty of metres and set a good platform.
- Woods and Tamou were fantastic and made plenty of metres up the middle
- Reffing was relatively good apart from the ridiculous slater no try decision. I could not believe it was penalty for holding back, that is absolute BS. However I though slater may have been marginally offside based of the top down replay.
- Both teams, when defending their 20m zone, were blatantly offside. Mainly the centres and wingers were standing 2m offside and contributed to tackles and ref did nothing. When cronk got the drop goal, Farrah was a good 3m offside and raced out of the line. I guess the refs are looking at the ruck so it really should be the touch judge's decision.

Chambers was superb. Looked like K Hunt with some of those kick returns. Hodges as always was so valuable with his dummy half metres and the forward pack as a whole stood up against the highly touted NSW pack.

Also i made $320 tonight so I'm a happy man!

Would love to know what the go is with GI. Is he injured, got some "personal issues" or what? He's obviously way below par.

He looked like he had been in hospital, sick for a few days, and was still a bit out of it. The next 2 games will be a different story I think.

I really liked Chambers tonight. He ran so strongly and his thinking to step when did in scoring his try was excellent play.

Overall, I felt the we outplayed them for almost the whole game. I thought their overrated forwards did doodly squat compared to the hype. Our pack was immense. In fact the whole team - bar those errors, was immense, composed, controlled, and so committed.

What a fantastic effort against a side which was headless in attack mostly but strong defensively.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.