Game One

Hodges probably looks the fittest he's been in years. I reckon he'll back up on the weekend unless Bennett intentionally puts him on ice seeing we have good depth in the centres

How many minutes did Matt Scott play ?

1. Slater - Showed why he is so highly valued by selectors, popped up everywhere, safe as houses and should have been awarded a few penalties. Did he score?
2. Boyd - Not his best game by any means but he'll be better for the run. 5
3. Inglis - Tried hard but just looked under the weather, should have had a try assist. 6
4. Hodges - Great game from the veteran, going out with a bang. 8
5. Nielsen - Isn't he proving himself a gun at this level, he noticeably lifted in that second half. 9
6. Thurston - Started poorly but came into his own in the second half. 7
7. Cronk - Showed again what we missed in games. 1 and 2 last year. 9
8. Scott - Immense up front and some very damaging runs and hits in defense. 8
9. Smith - Did the little things well and set the tempo beautifully. 8
10. Myles - Workmanlike performance, stood up in key moments. 7
11. Guerra - he's good at this level and I rate him but gave away some crucial if dubious penalties. 6
12. Thaiday - He is back this season, he did a lot of damage tonight and really set up Cronk's try with his run in the lead up. 8
13. Parker - He just is so consistent, great in everything he did. 9

Morgan - Didn't really notice him for good or bad. Solid. 6
Gillett - Is not the same player this year. 5
McGuire - He was great, belongs at this level. 8
Lillyman - He is good at this level but really we need to get some youth in after this year. 7

Great game all round!!

What's all the criticism of Gillett about? I know he didn't play big minutes, but the minutes he did play were quality. He forced two set repeats and tackled hard.

On the NSW side, Tamou was amazing. Their bench did nothing and Jackson's only highlight was gettin smashed by JT. Dugan was good at the back but Moylan is a must in that side. How did NSW win a series with their available halves?

If I were to guess, at least 60. Superb, especially after a really disappointing series for him last year.

I don't remember him coming off in between shouting at the telly. Did he play 80?

1. Slater - Showed why he is so highly valued by selectors, popped up everywhere, safe as houses and should have been awarded a few penalties. Did he score?
3. Inglis - Tried hard but just looked under the weather, should have had a try assist. 6
5. Nielsen - Isn't he proving himself a gun at this level, he noticeably lifted in that second half. 9
11. Guerra - he's good at this level and I rate him but gave away some crucial if dubious penalties. 6
12. Thaiday - He is back this season, he did a lot of damage tonight and really set up Cronk's try with his run in the lead up. 8

Lillyman - He is good at this level but really we need to get some youth in after this year. 7

Great game all round!!

I think you mean Chambers lol

Great game all round!!
Nielsen didn't play

Great game all round!!
When you watch the replay, watch Morgan....my guess you will revise your rating, he was very very good and will be around Origin for the foreseeable future, just likeMcGuire

Dunno why but I get the feeling Tate has been chatting with Chambers during camp, that kind of work rate keeps us in games and more often than not leads to a win.

Fucking beast.

Pretty easy compared to what happened to me at an Origin in Brisbane. I got punched in the face and spat on the whole game.

What did you say to Greg Bird for him to react like that. :tongue:

What's all the criticism of Gillett about? I know he didn't play big minutes, but the minutes he did play were quality. He forced two set repeats and tackled hard.
In his limited minutes, he made two 1 on 1 tackles to gain repeat sets, excellent kick chase with another two 1 on 1 tackles to keep the NSW'kers pinged in their backyard, and tackled everything in filthy blue that moved and came his way, but hey... he was worthless. BHQ :noidea:

Qld was vastly superior and I think the NSW'kers actually deserve credit for losing by only 1 point. Too bad our left edge was a bit underdone with Inglis and Boyd playing well below their ability, otherwise we probably would've put a score on them.

Good game from almost every one, other than the mentioned Inglis and Boyd, I was a bit underwhelmed by Lillyman, and would probably replace him with Napa or Papalii, but really no one deserves to be dropped from this team.
Other than Boyd, I thought all the Broncos did their job really well, with Thaiday and Parker at their best level, and McGuire with a very good maiden run. I've already mentioned Gillett, but Hodges was clearly the best of the bunch... he was just immense, especially in the second half, getting us on the front foot, and the only reason I don't give him MOTM honours, is because Chambers was even bigger.

Smith's work and game control should not be underestimated, and his Storm mates were also instrumental in the win, as were Myles, Guerra and especially Scott. Speaking of Cowboys, I've seen better from Thurston, but he was certainly not as bad as last year, and Morgan did quite well for his first appearance, unlike I expected and feared. Kuddos to him!

All in all, a much more difficult win than it needed to be, but the important thing, is that we're in the driving seat to regain the shield from the southern filth!

QUEENSLANDER!!!

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.