Game Two

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2015' started by morganmorgan, May 28, 2015.

1. morganmorgan

morganmorgan NYC Player

Even though we won game 1. Where can we improve game 2? Does the team change?

I rekon we need to get inglis doing kick returns from the wing (put boyd at centre defensivly on 5th) so he can have some trademark runs with room to move.

I would also drop gillett in place for Napa. He needs to be in there.

What's everyone elses opinions?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Tags:
  2. QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER NRL Captain

Re: Game 2.

Gillett out for Napa. Morgan out for Papalii. Morgan won't be dropped tho. He didn't play bad, but there's just no need for him IMO.

3. vertigo

vertigo NRL Captain

Inglis attracts so many damn defenders he may as well be used as a hit and spin decoy from now on :laugh:

Fingers crossed everyone stays fit continues to play well for their clubs, I wouldn't really tinker with the team otherwise.

4. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

In the interests of consistency, and keeping me sane, can we please make the title of this thread 'Game Two' without any fullstops.

5. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

I reckon they'll go with the same side. ... barring injury.

Inglis had an ordinary game last night so you would expect him to lift in this match. Maybe they could work out a way to vary that out the back sweep play ti Boyd ..... maybe get GI to run a different line and cut him out ?

6. Morgan and Lillyman out, DCE (if he is right to play) and Napa in.

Only change I would make.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Porthoz likes this.
  7. Culhwch

Culhwch QCup Player

Surely DCE comes in if fit for Morgan, even if unwarranted on club form. I wouldn't expect any other changes.

8. No changes. Same 1-17.

Ari Gold and Jeba like this.
  9. No way will Lilyman miss out. Cannot see why he would anyway . He has been instrumental in our past victories and proven in the arena. Morgan's 21 minutes were good and solid but I could imagine he has been given a taste and may give way to DCE. He didn't disappoint and made some very committed tackles especially courageously hitting Klemer full on and hard as, I liked it !

10. ethos

ethos NRL Player

Yeah, they won't make any changes bar injury but if Mal is going to use Gillett for only 20 mins, you'd rather 20 minutes of Napa/Papalii - especially if Queensland is on the front foot at the time.

QUEENSLANDER likes this.
  11. I'd rather Gillett because he offers more versatility and can play on both fringes. Which is what Mal had him do - going with a Papalii and a Napa will leave us exposed.

Porthoz likes this.
  12. Splinter

Splinter NRL Player

Listened to Gilly this afternoon and he said the reason Hodges makes so many metres is because NSW double up defenders on Inglis the other side of the field.
    GI and Thurston together are always are worry when we defend inside our own 20metres

13. Jeba

Jeba International

No changes.

Gillett may have looked to have limited impact but he came up with 2 big tackles in goal that forced repeat sets. In a game that was all about field position they were very important plays.

14. Farah expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.

If he can't play, surely they will go for Ennis?

Otherwise I would expect Gallen and Lewis in for Jackson and Fifita.

As for Queensland, no changes unless we are hit with an injury.

15. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Thank you @Big Pete.

Nashy and Big Pete like this.
  16. Son Edo

Son Edo NRL Player

Blues will win game 2 and Broncos will beat Storm.

17. Alec

Alec International Rep

I wouldn't pick Gillett or Morgan. Probably keep the rest, Lillyman went well enough.

18. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

I would go with Peats. Ennis's papers would surely be stamped 'never to represent again'

19. Ennis is a dirty, whinging piece of shit. Exactly the kind of player NSW wants.

He will play if Farah is out.

Nashy likes this.
  20. abashii

abashii NRL Player

Absolutely. They look at someone like Hodges, whose game is 5% getting under an opponent's skin and 95% being **** brilliant, only notice the 5% and figure that means they need a bit more aggro and bring in Ennis whose game is 85% niggling bullshit and 15% being bog average. Then they wonder why grubbing it up doesn't work...

redbur95 likes this.