Game Two

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Even though we won game 1. Where can we improve game 2? Does the team change?

I rekon we need to get inglis doing kick returns from the wing (put boyd at centre defensivly on 5th) so he can have some trademark runs with room to move.

I would also drop gillett in place for Napa. He needs to be in there.

What's everyone elses opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Game 2.

Gillett out for Napa. Morgan out for Papalii. Morgan won't be dropped tho. He didn't play bad, but there's just no need for him IMO.

Inglis attracts so many damn defenders he may as well be used as a hit and spin decoy from now on :laugh:

Fingers crossed everyone stays fit continues to play well for their clubs, I wouldn't really tinker with the team otherwise.

In the interests of consistency, and keeping me sane, can we please make the title of this thread 'Game Two' without any fullstops.

I reckon they'll go with the same side. ... barring injury.

Inglis had an ordinary game last night so you would expect him to lift in this match. Maybe they could work out a way to vary that out the back sweep play ti Boyd ..... maybe get GI to run a different line and cut him out ?

Morgan and Lillyman out, DCE (if he is right to play) and Napa in.

Only change I would make.

Last edited:
Surely DCE comes in if fit for Morgan, even if unwarranted on club form. I wouldn't expect any other changes.

No way will Lilyman miss out. Cannot see why he would anyway . He has been instrumental in our past victories and proven in the arena. Morgan's 21 minutes were good and solid but I could imagine he has been given a taste and may give way to DCE. He didn't disappoint and made some very committed tackles especially courageously hitting Klemer full on and hard as, I liked it !

Yeah, they won't make any changes bar injury but if Mal is going to use Gillett for only 20 mins, you'd rather 20 minutes of Napa/Papalii - especially if Queensland is on the front foot at the time.

I'd rather Gillett because he offers more versatility and can play on both fringes. Which is what Mal had him do - going with a Papalii and a Napa will leave us exposed.

Listened to Gilly this afternoon and he said the reason Hodges makes so many metres is because NSW double up defenders on Inglis the other side of the field.
GI and Thurston together are always are worry when we defend inside our own 20metres

No changes.

Gillett may have looked to have limited impact but he came up with 2 big tackles in goal that forced repeat sets. In a game that was all about field position they were very important plays.

Farah expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.

Farah has sustained a Grade 3 AC joint injury in his left shoulder, and is expected to miss Wests Tigers’ Round 13 clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval.
However, the Club is hopeful Farah will be available for selection for Game II of the 2015 State of Origin series at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Wednesday, June 17, with the injury only expected to sideline the 31-year-old hooker for two to four weeks.

If he can't play, surely they will go for Ennis?

Otherwise I would expect Gallen and Lewis in for Jackson and Fifita.

As for Queensland, no changes unless we are hit with an injury.

I wouldn't pick Gillett or Morgan. Probably keep the rest, Lillyman went well enough.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.